2019 Basketball Offers

217,510 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut
Staff
Anderson Kopp on a visit to Oregon State
No-look
SFAXE93 said:

This is interesting...He decommited from Central Oklahoma. Teammate of Solomon I believe?
SFAXE93
The chess pieces are moving now.
SFA Jack Fanatic

Yes. This is confusing. What does this mean for Solomon? Have we given up on him? This young man is a true 5'11" PG. And he was a teammate of Solomon at Klein Forest. He was recently awarded the Guy V. Lewis Award, which recognizes the top player in the City of Houston. He was considered the "heartbeat" of the Klein Forest team which finished 2nd in the state in Class 6-A.

Edit: McDaniel led Klein Forest in scoring in the state final against Duncanville with 18 points. Solomon had 14. He was also the MVP of the Region 2 tournament prior to the state tournament.

Could it be that this young man could be a bigger catch than Solomon???
No-look

Courious as to how many spots are open?
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yes. This is confusing. What does this mean for Solomon? Have we given up on him? This young man is a true 5'11" PG. And he was a teammate of Solomon at Klein Forest. He was recently awarded the Guy V. Lewis Award, which recognizes the top player in the City of Houston. He was considered the "heartbeat" of the Klein Forest team which finished 2nd in the state in Class 6-A.

Edit: McDaniel led Klein Forest in scoring in the state final against Duncanville with 18 points. Solomon had 14. He was also the MVP of the Region 2 tournament prior to the state tournament.

Could it be that this young man could be a bigger catch than Solomon???
Or could there possibly be room for both???
No-look
Kharee is a player! Saw him at the state tourney as with Solomon. Looks like we are his first D1 offer? Now watch the vultures chime in. Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
Kid looks like a baller. The lack of offers is surprising.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Hadn't he already committed to Central Oklahoma? That could have been a factor?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Here's what I'm thinking... The train is about to pull out of the station with or without Solomon. Decision time for him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

Hadn't he already committed to Central Oklahoma? That could have been a factor?
Yes. That's the reason for his lack of D-1 offers.
sfa17
From what I'm hearing is that we are after both guys. Extremely interested in Kharee and Solomon. Guy v Lewis award is an Elite Award.
TallTexan
Do we have room for 2?

Although at this point, with Kharee not having any big offers, maybe a PWO?
No-look
TallTexan said:

Do we have room for 2?

Although at this point, with Kharee not having any big offers, maybe a PWO?
Since we offered there will probably be more.
sfa17
Idk but all I know is we are still interested in Solomon . Kharee has interest from HBU,Troy and Georgia State

TallTexan
Does East Texas have a version of the Guy V Lewis award? Because we should.
SFAJack_76
Signing day should be interesting.
No-look
Both Solomon and McDaniels are legit. Would be happy with either or both. Strange that they are team mates. But either would fill a spot nicely.
cboothe09
Makes me thing we may have an opening we dont know about?
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Makes me thing we may have an opening we dont know about?

No. The coaches simply aren't going to wait on someone (Solomon) to make a decision until after signing day. I'll be surprised if we don't have one or the other by then. They're both excellent players with different skill sets. Either would be an immediate contributor.
cboothe09
Good deal. I hate Solomon has been put in this position, but this is the nature of the beast. Cant wait on someone, only for them to pick another school and leave us empty handed. Everyone has to look out for themselves.
nacluth
Tyler Chisom to South Dakota
HJC69
Must not be recruiting him anymore. Too bad.
HJC69
Rreferring to Anderson Kopp. Not Chisom
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/all-americans/index

Noticed that Kevin Norman, a guard from Angelina, is 3rd Team. He's also on the JUCORecruiting Top 100 list. 19 ppg. No one has offered him, apparently. Interesting...
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Here's what I saw:

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/stephen-f-austin
CertifiedAxeman98
Anyone have an update on Solomon? Are we still recruiting? He says he will commit next week.
PurpleOut
Staff
We are, but we're not waiting on anyone. We're taking kids that want to be here first, it seems.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

We are, but we're not waiting on anyone. We're taking kids that want to be here first, it seems.
I was no math major at SFA, but we're out of scholarships, right?
purplitis72
It depends.
purplitis72
Isn' t there a rule that you can only sign nine new players in a season?
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think so, wouldn't really make sense if all your players left or stopped playing during the offseason. Again I mentioned the other day, that over-signing is a popular aspect of recruiting. We've done it before.
CertifiedAxeman98
Probably need to wait until rosters come out in the fall to know who is on the team. Also keep in mind we had 2 starters/simi-starters dismissed from the team without a press release or comment from the coaches. They are not going to say anything about who is On the team until the fall.
wahlwesle
PurpleOut said:

Again I mentioned the other day, that over-signing is a popular aspect of recruiting. We've done it before.

I feel this is a terrible practice. Sure, I get why they do it, but a kid's college career should be about education first. A kid may think he's got his education taken care of, and then all of a sudden his funding gets taken away unexpectedly and he's left with nowhere to go. If a scholarship isn't going to be renewed, the coach should tell the kid soon enough so that he has time to figure something else out, not after everybody else's rosters are full too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.