2019 Basketball Offers

217,494 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

He went to Katy Morton Ranch. Walk on Ed Ruiz also went to Katy Morton Ranch.
We've got that Morton Ranch Pipeline locked down!

purplitis72
Is Wednesday the first day of the signing period? April 10?
CertifiedAxeman98
purplitis72 said:

Is Wednesday the first day of the signing period? April 10?
April 17th.
SFAJack_76
Johnson and Ware both honorable mention NJCAA All-American.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/all-americans/index
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Johnson and Ware both honorable mention NJCAA All-American.

Excellent!

Noticed that Kevin Norman, a guard from Angelina, is 3rd Team. He's also on the JUCORecruiting Top 100 list. 19 ppg. No one has offered him, apparently. Interesting...
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RJohnson and Ware both honorable mention NJCAA All-American.

Excellent!

Noticed that Kevin Norman, a guard from Angelina, is 3rd Team. He's also on the JUCORecruiting Top 100 list. 19 ppg. No one has offered him, apparently. Interesting...
Saw that. It is interesting.
purplitis72
We got the goods on the guards.
CertifiedAxeman98
Brandon Rachal goes to Tulsa.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/brandon-rachal

Is this why we brought in and got a commitment from Brown?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RJohnson and Ware both honorable mention NJCAA All-American.

Excellent!

Saw that. It is interesting.
An AC write up about Norman. Doesn't shed any light about his future.
purplitis72
Eligibility issues maybe?
purplitis72
I wonder why Daniels hasn't committed. Nothing shows that he has any other offers. I wonder if Daniels has visited yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purplitis72 said:

I wonder why Daniels hasn't committed. Nothing shows that he has any other offers. I wonder if Daniels has visited yet.

I'm guessing (and only a guess) that there are others who have contacted him. It's just not showing on the recruiting websites.
No-look
I know that TJ is 99% gone but wondering if we are leaving a spot for a while just in case?
cboothe09
No-look said:

I know that TJ is 99% gone but wondering if we are leaving a spot for a while just in case?
Anyone know the plans for Karl or Aaron?
purplitis72
TJ has made his intentions clear. Keller had to ask him so he would know whether to use to scholarship or not, I would think. I don't think Keller can afford to wait. I wonder if Aaron and Karl are still in school. Their scholarships terminated immediately after they left the team. If they quit they may have to go back and pay back what their scholarships paid from the beginning of the school year. Does anyone know the rules on that?
No-look
cboothe09 said:

No-look said:

Anyone know the plans for Karl or Aaron?
I would think they are done. Don't know what the issues were but it really hurt the team. Wouldn't want to relive any of that. But sometimes people need second chances to make amends... Would like forget all the negativity that hovered over the program from last year. But that's just me. Coaches know what's best for team going forward.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Would like forget all the negativity that hovered over the program from last year. But that's just me. Coaches know what's best for team going forward.

I'm with you 100% on that, No-look.
sfa17
Yeah not worth the possible negativity they would bring. Maybe if they were one of our top players like Gilmore a few seasons back.And Gilmore came right back
Jacks4460
AA going to class still and Karl might be back.. I agree with the not being negative so mods delete this if it is negative or negative convo comes from it... Even if coach allows them back he knows best and I will support him..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Karl might be back..

Say what???????
purplitis72
I'm in the say what category as well. Is someone holding something back or is that just speculation?
No-look
See where Jalen Harris is leaving Nevada. He transferred from La Tech last year. Heard he wanted to come here but we didn't have a spot. He sat out this past season. Would be eligible but coaches may not be looking.
No-look
wahlwesle
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Karl might be back..

Say what???????

Is this a situation where we haven't heard back from other recruits so we are giving him a second chance out of necessity?
TallTexan
wahlwesle said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Karl might be back..

Say what???????

Is this a situation where we haven't heard back from other recruits so we are giving him a second chance out of necessity?
I'd kind of doubt it. Don't count me an expert on this, but when he was kicked off the team, Keller may have said "here's the bar for a 2nd chance" & he's meeting it?
CertifiedAxeman98
cboothe09
Karl has the opportunity to be another Leon. It is something I think people mentioned early in the year. I think getting the waiver has hurt him more than helped him. I think he needed a year to sit, learn the system, and his fit in the program. Instead he was thrown into a tumultuous season and made some bad decisions that cost him dearly.
IF he has learned from his mistakes, and after seeing how things worked with Leon, I trust Keller. I am not opposed to him returning. I'm sure there are more than a few hoops to jump through for him to return, and everything would have to be earned. Definitely an interesting situation.
sfa17
The way the season was going at that point, kicking a player off the team was a last resort. They probably had a lot of chances. I must have been bad bc we needed all the players we could get
purplitis72
This gives me indigestion. I get a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about going through this again. Someone was poisoning the attitude of the players.
No-look

Looks like Calvin is at La Tech for a visit. Not much twitter buzz from fans.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Heard that Georgia State is after Calvin hot and heavy. If you're on Twitter, send him some SFA love, and quick!
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Heard that Georgia State is after Calvin hot and heavy. If you're on Twitter, send him some SFA love, and quick!
Wow. Didn't know they had offered.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Wow. Didn't know they had offered.

Rob Lanier is a REALLY good recruiter.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Not that I've seen. Here is his video again though: https://app.krossover.com/intelligence/games/2009426/raw-film

. Daniels looks impressive. He should fill a need.
purplitis72
Handles the double team very well. Good finisher. Soft touch on his shots. Great footwork, quick release. Reminds a bit of Taylor Smith/Gereal Scott but bigger.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.