2019 Basketball Offers

217,468 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Another visit.

JUCO

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/demiere-brown
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Another visit.

JUCO

Scratching my head a bit on this one. Stats are rather underwhelming, but he did score well in the last few games of the year at Kilgore.

He was the #17 player in Georgia his senior year in HS, but he went a JC route. Grades?? (I have no idea. Just guessing.)

He does seem to shoot the ball well (47%) but not from long range (25%).

In HS, he was Georgia Class A (Georgia has 7 classes) Private School All-Stater.

Edit: What have we here?? JUCORecruiting.com lists him as the #86 player in the country! (I'm not scratching my head anymore.)

He made an official visit to UMass Lowell this past weekend.
PurpleOut
Staff
First time I've heard of him as well.

This guy seems to think he would make it after JUCO.

SFAJack_76
5'11" 175, PG from Katy Morton Ranch and University of the Ozarks (NCAA DIII).

TallTexan
So we're still on the hunt for an extra PG I take it?

Still feel like we need a SF and a PF too.
No-look
TallTexan said:

So we're still on the hunt for an extra PG I take it?

Still feel like we need a SF and a PF too.
Our point guards now are Oddest, John and Kachelries?
cboothe09
and Roti...

Combining Verbal Commits with what we know:

PG: John Comeaux (Sr.); David Kachelries (Jr.); Roti Ware (Jr.)
SG: Cameron Johnson (Jr.); Oddyst Walker (Soph)
SF: Nathan Bain (Sr.); Kevon Harris (Sr.); Sama'zha Hart (Fr.)
PF: Mitchell Seraille (Soph); Tylan Pope (Fr.)
C: None

Now is where it gets tricky. We are down to three scholarships left. Deon Barrett (PG), Keishawn Brewton (PG), Calvin Solomon (SG), Brandon Rachel (SF), and Charlie Daniels (PF) all have offers. Bryson Johnson and Demier Brown have also been linked to the program in recent days. Can't take everyone...Who ya got and who do you think is most likely to end up in Nac?
sfa17
Is Roti a PG,? thought he was a SG. If he is a SG then i would probably want Deon PG, Daniels PF, and Calvin SG
CertifiedAxeman98
I would like for them to get Calvin Solomon. We need to get 3 or so freshman each year to keep the pipeline going and be sustainable if you are working JUCO guys that have 2 years of D1 to play, you will get a lot of up and down in your program. I think JUCO serve a role but I don't want our team to be too dependent on JUCO.

We need a big man that is a bruiser on the inside either via transfer/JUCO that can play 10+ minutes a game when we need him to rough house against the other team.
cboothe09
I agree on bringing in more freshmen/sophomores if possible. Feels like we have hit JUCO harder this year, but it has been out of necessity. Obviously every year we will have some attrition and a JUCO addition or two will be needed, but to build from the bottom and get guys that buy into your program and to develop them on your terms for four years is the ideal situation.

As for who I want, I think Solomon is the big one we need. He feels like a glue guy that can do a lot more than people see on the court. I think a post like Daniels would be a big help, and maybe one more post player. I think Solomon would be the final piece to fill out a good guard rotation. Mitch and Pope are young and will need another guy to give them breathers and maybe veteran guidance...
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Is Roti a PG,? thought he was a SG. If he is a SG then i would probably want Deon PG, Daniels PF, and Calvin SG

Roti is definitely more of a shooting guard. And I agree that landing Solomon and a big bruiser inside would be our two best additional gets at this point.
No-look
I'm thinking Solomon, a pg and a big. Wish the Big was TJ. Lol
BigJack85
Ya. I think a big is priority #1. Just a guess but the recruits plus the remaining incumbents have us relatively solid from 1-3. I have Kalcheries, Oddyst/Cameron Johnson and Kevon. If Kevon is on form and Kalcheries and Johnson are solid we should have a really good lineup with a Big Man recruit.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Ya. I think a big is priority #1. Just a guess but the recruits plus the remaining incumbents have us relatively solid from 1-3. I have Kalcheries, Oddyst/Cameron Johnson and Kevon. If Kevon is on form and Kalcheries and Johnson are solid we should have a really good lineup with a Big Man recruit.

This is all pure speculation obviously, since we're light years away from next season, but I put Roti ahead of Oddyst or Cam at the 2, The guy can flat shoot the rock with accuracy. That's assuming that he can play decent defense.
No-look
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

W

Another visit.

JUCO

Was he on campus today or was it yesterday? Haven't seen anything on twitter?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

This is all pure speculation obviously, since we're light years away from next season, but I put Roti ahead of Oddyst or Cam at the 2, The guy can flat shoot the rock with accuracy. That's assuming that he can play decent defense.

Looks like one of the few spots we have the luxury of multiple good options.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hope we're working on getting all of these guys together on campus as soon as Summer starts. We'll need all of the time we can get to let them practice and spend time together.
Jacks4460
They will all be on campus this summer...The whole team will be going to Summer I and II..
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I hope we're working on getting all of these guys together on campus as soon as Summer starts. We'll need all of the time we can get to let them practice and spend time together.

Amen to that. Can we get them in Maymester too?
No-look
Let's show him some Nac love!
purplitis72
I was thinking that when it came down to Brown and Soloman it was an either or situation. Demiere has committed. Now we need another true point guard and big man with the two scholarships that we have left. Am I wrong?
SFA Jack Fanatic
purplitis72 said:

I was thinking that when it came down to Brown and Soloman it was an either or situation. Demiere has committed. Now we need another true point guard and big man with the two scholarships that we have left. Am I wrong?

Be aware that Solomon was a 6'6" Combo Guard on a state Class 6-A finalist team and also a Houston Chronicle Co-Player of the Year in the Greater Houston area. He can play PG. He would be a prize catch.

And welcome to the Forums, purplitis72 !!
CertifiedAxeman98
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

purplitis72 said:

Be aware that Solomon was a 6'6" Combo Guard on a state Class 6-A finalist team and also a Houston Chronicle Co-Player of the Year in the Greater Houston area. He can play PG. He would be a prize catch.

And welcome to the Forums, purplitis72 !!
Agreed we want Solomon no matter what our needs are for next year. Not sure he will replace Harris but we need to start looking for that guy so that means getting Combo Guards, especially at the level Soloman played at.

Personally we had so many holes that is why they went after so many JUCO guys. At this point I want to see more Freshman going forward. You want a JUCO here and there or a transfer here or there to fill in for some needs but you don't want to be too dependent on them.
purplitis72
If Soloman has Walkup type qualities I agree. But we need another true point guard. Comeau was never a point guard in the past although I love the guy. The future is now in my opinion. Keller hasn't had much success with freshmen. Go back and look over the past three years. Thanks for the welcome. I still have to wonder if it was an either or. We'll see because I believe that they still really want Barret. You can't have too many point guards and we have to get another big man. I'm a newcomer so bear with me because I have questions. Lots of em. Just tell me to hush if I get out of line. I'm trying to learn the rules of engagement and I don't want to offend anyone ever. I believe that Bryson Johnson is a preferred walk on candidate.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purplitis72 said:

If Soloman has Walkup type qualities I agree. But we need another true point guard. Comeau was never a point guard in the past although I love the guy. The future is now in my opinion. Keller hasn't had much success with freshmen. Go back and look over the past three years. Thanks for the welcome. I still have to wonder if it was an either or. We'll see because I believe that they still really want Barret. You can't have too many point guards and we have to get another big man. I'm a newcomer so bear with me because I have questions. Lots of em. Just tell me to hush if I get out of line. I'm trying to learn the rules of engagement and I don't want to offend anyone ever. I believe that Bryson Johnson is a preferred walk on candidate.

Good comments, 72. I can guarantee you that Solomon does not have Walkup qualities at this point. But Walkup didn't have Walkup qualities at this point either.

As long as you stay away from politics, don't use profane language or memes, and don't get over-the-top critical of anyone on or off the field of play, anything goes here.

Tell me about Bryson Johnson. I'm not familiar with him at all.
purplitis72
Someone posted his name saying that he was coming for a visit higher up on the page. We need point guard now and I disagree with you Walkup had Walkup qualities form day one. He just got hurt and had a slow recovery.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purplitis72 said:

Someone posted his name saying that he was coming for a visit higher up on the page.
Forgot about him. Sorry.
sfa17
We need a PF/C like Daniels and I think a juco PG. We literally have injuries at the beginning of every season and I would like another PG to kinda secure that position. I want Solomon but that was when we had 3 scholarships. He could become a great player (but he is a freshmen) but We need to win next season and not 2 or 3 seasons.
No-look
So our point guards as of now are Kachelries, John and Oddest??
SFA Jack Fanatic
I looked up Johnson's stats, both in high school and in D-III. Nothing eye-popping, but then again most PG's stats are not eye-popping unless the guy's name is James Hardin. But I trust the coaching staff to know a bit more about him than the interweb stats and me.
sfa17
No-look said:

Yes, but some people are saying that o is more of 2. Then that leaves John. Who is not a starter level PG and then Kachelries (juco transfer).
BigJack85
sfa17 said:

No-look said:

Yes, but some people are saying that o is more of 2. Then that leaves John. Who is not a starter level PG and then Kachelries (juco transfer).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kachelries and Comeaux split time pretty evenly unless either one of them shows clear separation. One of the "2" guards logs 4 - 7 minutes of relief every few games.
SFAJack_76
purplitis72 said:

Someone posted his name saying that he was coming for a visit higher up on the page. We need point guard now and I disagree with you Walkup had Walkup qualities form day one. He just got hurt and had a slow recovery.
I agree that Johnson is more likely a walk on candidate. I don't see anything meriting a D1 scholarship. He went to Katy Morton Ranch. Walk on Ed Ruiz also went to Katy Morton Ranch.
purplitis72
I love Comeaux. I see him as a point guard on defense but a bit of a liability on offense. He did not play point guard until he came here. He had always been a 2 guard before. He can be a good situational role player. I do understand that he is limited by his joint issues and I feel bad for him. However those injury issues are degenerative and because of that we cannot count on him. It is what is. I like Oddyst but I agree that he is not a true point guard. I believe that we will have good players though. I hope that they turn out to be well coached by our coaching staff.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

purplitis72 said:

I agree that Johnson is more likely a walk on candidate. I don't see anything meriting a D1 scholarship. He went to Katy Morton Ranch. Walk on Ed Ruiz also went to Katy Morton Ranch.
We've got that Morton Ranch Pipeline locked down!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.