2019 Basketball Offers

217,443 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SfaFan15 said:

Daniels looks very to similar to TJ Holyfield with the way he plays.

I wonder if his recruitment will pick up at all, doesn't look like he has any other offers.

We're gonna have to add a fiddle to the basketball band if we sign Daniels.
SFA Jack Fanatic
https://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Q-A-Klein-Forest-s-Calvin-Solomon-K-J-13707657.php

An interview with Calvin Solomon...
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

On a scale of 1-10, I'm in the process of deciding whether that one is even worthy of earning a spot on the scale, Texan. Not your finest hour in the comedy club spotlight...
No-look
TallTexan said:

SfaFan15 said:

Daniels looks very to similar to TJ Holyfield with the way he plays.

I wonder if his recruitment will pick up at all, doesn't look like he has any other offers.

If you're gonna play in Texas......
cboothe09
Looks like we may have some recruiting news...

Generation II
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Looks like we may have some recruiting news...

Cameron Johnson. 6'3" guard from Little Rock through Tyler Junior College.

What I am seeing is 9.8 ppg, 4.0 reb/g, 1.3 assist/to ratio.
No-look
I miss the the ole "Who's Next" thing.
BigJack85
Awesome sauce
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76

No-look
If he can create his own shot I'm a happy camper.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Region XIV site says Johnson has 16.4 PPG, 52.6% FG, 19.0% 3PTFG, 73.5% FT, 4.3 RBG, 1.9 AG.

His stats are a bit strange, IMO. Averages 16 ppg but only shoots 19% from long range and only averages 2 assists. So, he's apparently not a PG and not real good from long range. So, where do his points come from? Must be a mid-range shooter and drives to the basket a lot, I'm guessing??
BigJack85
Looks like a 1/2 combo. My guess if you are looking at Kalcheries as your starting PG and Oddyst as a potential starting 2 , having a combo as your backup makes some sense. Especially with Comeaux likely coming back. You've got both guard spots covered.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The Region XIV site says Johnson has 16.4 PPG, 52.6% FG, 19.0% 3PTFG, 73.5% FT, 4.3 RBG, 1.9 AG.

His stats are a bit strange, IMO. Averages 16 ppg but only shoots 19% from long range and only averages 2 assists. So, he's apparently not a PG and not real good from long range. So, where do his points come from? Must be a mid-range shooter and drives to the basket a lot, I'm guessing??

In five of his last six games at TJC (no stats for the other game), Johnson had 17, 12, 6, 22, and 33 points.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Apparently the stats I had were from last season. Juco stats are not always accurate.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Found this article in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette from Johnson's senior season at Little Rock Central HS. It's rather insightful...

Johnson: "My finishing game is stronger than my shooting. I get most of my baskets by getting to the basket and getting fouled."

His HS coach describes him as a 'slasher' who finds ways to get to the basket. "He's more of a scorer than he is a shooter. He can score in traffic over the top or through contact. He's an excellent free throw shooter. He's an excellent defensive rebounder for a guard."
wahlwesle
wahlwesle
PurpleOut said:

Not that I've seen. Here is his video again though: https://app.krossover.com/intelligence/games/2009426/raw-film

No twitter account? I'm liking him already.
BigJack85
I'll say this , he certainly sounds like a "team" guy. That is something that appeared to be missing last season.
PurpleOut
Staff
Sam Baker, a JUCO guard we offered, committed to McNeese. Our offer was quite a while ago, and doesn't look like he's gotten any bigger offers since, so not sure if we were pursuing him much.
PurpleOut
Staff
Cameron Johnson just officially committed.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Cameron Johnson just officially committed.
wahlwesle
He's going to have to fight Mitch for that number.
No-look
Wonder when Solomon is visiting La Tech?
PurpleOut
Staff
AJ Bramah, another old offer that we had, committed to Robert Morris. I unfollowed him a while back, assuming we weren't on him that much.
No-look
Be nice to get a legit big for a rim protector. Need another point guard for depth. What else we need?
PurpleOut
Staff
I think another PG and then a bigger Forward. If we don't have Sammy back then our only Forwards are Mitch and Pope. Both would be undersized at that position. Charlie Daniels appears to be our most likely option there, in terms of who we have public offers out to. There may be others including a transfer that we are looking at, but that's not known.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think Comeaux, Kevon, Bain, Hart and Mitch would be a REALLY fun lineup. I again don't think you always necessarily need a "real" big to win this league, but that would probably be the most undersized team we've had.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

I think Comeaux, Kevon, Bain, Hart and Mitch would be a REALLY fun lineup. I again don't think you always necessarily need a "real" big to win this league, but that would probably be the most undersized team we've had.
True. I'm just hoping for some depth at all positions. We saw what it was like to lose players at the pg and forward positions. Gotta have guys that can create.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think adding a grad-transfer is still a great option, and there will plenty of options available. Just depends on how we feel about that now. I don't think Fitzgerald was necessarily a failure, I just think we had too high of hopes for him. If TJ would have played, I think Fitz would have played differently and had a much better/different impact.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

I think adding a grad-transfer is still a great option, and there will plenty of options available. Just depends on how we feel about that now. I don't think Fitzgerald was necessarily a failure, I just think we had too high of hopes for him. If TJ would have played, I think Fitz would have played differently and had a much better/different impact.
. True about Fitz. We would have lost a few more games if he would have been out.
TallTexan
I think with TJ, Fitz would have had some great nights off the bench as a scorer.

He never seemed like a big man who wanted to play inside like TJ.

But he could get on some hot streaks that would have been a difference maker.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

That lineup looks too much like 2018-2019 to me. John is a good 5th man, but not a starter, IMO. I could say the same about Nate. Kevon, Sama'Zha and Mitch will do well. I see no problems with starting them. We'll just have to see what the new guys will look like in person at guard and forward. And I think we definitely need one Big to use in certain matchup situations.
No-look
Lot of different scenarios for starters. Will come down to who works the hardest and puts in the time in the off season. Hopefully all the guys will be coachable and buys in 100%. It could be a special year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Read that Brandon Rachal visited Tulsa this past weekend. Wonder if we have an official visit lined up for him...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.