2019 Basketball Offers

217,476 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl said:

To repeat what some others have said....I don't care how many stars a player has...I want them to fit it with our style of play/our program. That is the key to our success, IMO.

Most important point about the point, lol. I completely agree.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

Are we still recruiting AJ McNeil?

idk if it means anything but Coach Mason liked the picture above
SFAJack_76
Brewton is #22 on the top 100 https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings list. They have him as a combo guard.
sfa17

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Says we have offered both. I don't recall seeing Brandon Rachal before. 4* recruit from Natchitoches that played his freshman year at LSU.
nacluth
We offered him before he went to LSU and then beat him. Would be nice grab to get him on the rebound. (Our rebounding hasn't been great this year though)
TallTexan
nacluth said:

We offered him before he went to LSU and then beat him. Would be nice grab to get him on the rebound. (Our rebounding hasn't been great this year though)

Maybe it's from watching Corpus and NWSt here recently, but I wouldn't mind signing someone to be a bruiser in the lane.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Maybe it's from watching Corpus and NWSt here recently, but I wouldn't mind signing someone to be a bruiser in the lane.
It would be crazy good if Mason pulls this one in.
BigJack85
Just build us a TEAM
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
sfa17
We need them both .. please please. Rachal going to LSU and transfer bc of playing time could be really good for us. He might not want to get burned by another P5 team.

PurpleOut
Staff
The problem is we (the fans) don't know the different situations from Rachal. Given our recent struggles with transfers, I'm not sure we'll be AS willing to take a kid that has already transferred once. Everyone deserves a second chance, but we just don't know what happened there. I agree it'd be great to have him, but not if he's another "bigger than us" type.
Jacks4460
I was told he is not the Keller type ... I feel like Purple does on this we dont need any kid that thinks they are bigger than the University... It is just harder to get those elite athletes to mid major schools like ours but the new basketball training facility is gonna be a game changer for us... We might have a chance now at some of those elite level kids that dont have any character issues..The kid can play basketball that is for sure..
SFAJack_76
Bad defense, but still 41.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

The problem is we (the fans) don't know the different situations from Rachal. Given our recent struggles with transfers, I'm not sure we'll be AS willing to take a kid that has already transferred once. Everyone deserves a second chance, but we just don't know what happened there. I agree it'd be great to have him, but not if he's another "bigger than us" type.
I agree, but sometimes it does work. Leon Gilmore, for example. The challenge in recutting/hiring. It is more than just what you can see on the court.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

I agree, but sometimes it does work. Leon Gilmore, for example. The challenge in recutting/hiring. It is more than just what you can see on the court.
It does work, but our formula hasnt had a very good sucess rate.. we need to go after kids like Kopp who reminds me of a young Thomas.. Believe me 76 i feel those kids like Leon are the best stories.. because they overcame whatever it was that was bothering them and became a good teammate and leader... its an attitude choice and Leon changed his and flourished.. That kind of stuff is good to me...
Jon
Leon had (legal) issues too... don't forget that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

It does work, but our formula hasnt had a very good sucess rate.. we need to go after kids like Kopp who reminds me of a young Thomas.. Believe me 76 i feel those kids like Leon are the best stories.. because they overcame whatever it was that was bothering them and became a good teammate and leader... its an attitude choice and Leon changed his and flourished.. That kind of stuff is good to me...

I agree 100% with your comments about guys coming from different directions like Kopp and Gilmore. Both can add value to the program. Well said!
sfa17
I think it becomes a problem when u are losing. Winning makes people work together. I want the best players but if they will become a issue then they are not worth it
SFAJack_76
Rev007
I wholeheartedly agree with your point. If someone quits a team once, can you really trust that person? One only needs to look at Karl Nicholas. I wanted him to succeed at SFA, but my early observations suggested he was going to be trouble. I'm not getting as bad a feeling about Devonte Fitzgerald, maybe because he is more poised. However, he is not the type of player that inspires his teammates. We need guys who are team first and loyal and who are willing to hustle until the final horn sounds.
sfa17
A.J McNeil
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
I really like McNeil. I'm curious as to why he doesn't have any other big offers other than us.
sfa17
Yeah, the stat are there but I think we are still his only D1 offer. That is a bit unusual . Coach Mason still "liking" his posts
No-look
PurpleOut said:

I really like McNeil. I'm curious as to why he doesn't have any other big offers other than us.
Could it be related to Painters post? That's a harsh thing to say about a player on social media.
TallTexan
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

Could it be related to Painters post? That's a harsh thing to say about a player on social media.
What'd I miss?
No-look
TallTexan said:

No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

What'd I miss?
Wow! I must have taken this post wrong. I thought he was saying he's a problem in a bad way. I'm slow sometimes. Lol
SFAJack_76
It is a reference to his twitter profile. Besides, he is looking forward to The Lion King, so he must be okay.
PurpleForever
I try to watch a couple of JUCO games a year and a last week i got to watch TJC vs Paris. Was really impressed with Paris' Jalon Pipkins. He's a transfer from Cal-State Northridge. Seems like a great player for our system. A combo guard that plays point for them but he's incredibly strong. A mix between Bogues and Kevon, quick and strong. Great defender and rebounder. He had a very soft touch and is a much better shooter than his final stats showed. He forces a lot of tough shots but i can't blame him because their team talent wasn't great.
Here's the only college tape i could find:
SFAJack_76
No-look
How many spots do we currently have open right now?
nacluth
No-look said:

How many spots do we currently have open right now?

Leaving: Jovan, Shannon, Fitz
Left: Karl, Aaron

Signed: Hart, Pope

Three open spots to be filled. TJ and other possible transfers are still just tentative. We need three more to fill squad. Potentially Cole could be elevated, but it's too soon to tell.
SFAJack_76
Hopefully, TJ plays his senior year at SFA, but if not, I think Barisic would be a serviceable replacement.
SFAJack_76
Pearl River winning first round of MACJC tournament.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.