2019 Basketball Offers

217,487 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think we are still recruiting Jordyn. He was also playing on the same Aau team with Tylan and Hart. We offered Jordyn way before both those guys but somehow they committed first. We also just offered a 2019 PG and Jordyn a 2019 PG
SFAJack_76
The other Silsbee guy we offered.

CertifiedAxeman98
sfa17 said:

I don't think we are still recruiting Jordyn. He was also playing on the same Aau team with Tylan and Hart. We offered Jordyn way before both those guys but somehow they committed first. We also just offered a 2019 PG and Jordyn a 2019 PG
I'm interested to see where he lands but also interested in Mylik Wilson and Jordan Wright and where they end up. Not sure we are still in play for either of them. Glad to see that the coaches have been spending time recruiting in LA not just TX with Walker this year and Pope next year being the product of that time and effort.
sfa17
Yea Mylik would be a really good get for a PG spot. Ranked at #158 in the nation. 3 star on 247 and 4 Star on Rivals. But not sure what our chances are. He has some ok offers but Iowa State is his only P5 Offer.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Mylik-Wilson-111459/RecruitInterests/
SFAJack_76
Tarleton. Okay.

CertifiedAxeman98
So Jordyn Adams picked today at 6pm the same time as the Southland basketball media show is set to air on ESPN 3. In looking at various sites the only 2 Southland teams I could find that gave him an offer were SFA and Lamar (close to his home). May just be coincidence.
CertifiedAxeman98
I was wrong. Jordyn Adams is going to Austin Peay.
sfa17
Both Jordyn and Devon recruitment dropped off during the summer. I think Bc Jordyn got hurt and Devon didn't play AAU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I was wrong. Jordyn Adams is going to Austin Peay.
I'm surprised, too. I though it would be Lamar. Guess he wanted to get away from home.

McCain announces on November 5.
sfa17
I think Devon my go with Lamar.
SFAJack_76
So, what happened with Adams? Did we decide no or did he decide no to SFA?
SFAJack_76
And now Oklahoma Baptist. His recruiting is absolutely blowing up since the SFA offer.

sfa17
Two D2 offers
SFAJack_76
"His recruiting is absolutely blowing up since the SFA offer. "

Sarcasm folks ....
SFAJack_76
Another D2 offer.

sfa17
yeah not a very encourage sign about his recruitment with all these d2 offers.
PurpleForever
I think our coaches have earned our trust to offer whoever they want. We can be somebody's only D1 offer and I'll still expect them to be an all conference player with how good our coaches see talent.
TallTexan
PurpleForever said:

I think our coaches have earned our trust to offer whoever they want. We can be somebody's only D1 offer and I'll still expect them to be an all conference player with how good our coaches see talent.

Also important to remember that these guys really aren't playing much organized ball right now. Not a lot of chances for big programs to see him if they didn't see him initially.

And at this point I'd trust Keller if he offered Daffy Duck.
No-look
sfa17 said:

yeah not a very encourage sign about his recruitment with all these d2 offers.
Have the Pope's and Hart's of the world blurred your vision? Lol
sfa17
with my luck his next offer will be Kansas. But yeah I trust Keller and the staff. And sometime an offers is just a offer.
SFAJack_76
Actually, his next offer was D2 Oklahoma Christian.

I trust Keller and staff to recruit and develop the right guys. I do not blindly accept everything they do and believe it is fair to ask why we have offered someone that none of the other 352 D1 programs have offered. We desperately need point guards. Maybe this is a good one.
No-look
sfa17 said:

Both Jordyn and Devon recruitment dropped off during the summer. I think Bc Jordyn got hurt and Devon didn't play AAU.
Devon could be a big get for someone. Not playing AAU hurt his recruitment but he could be high major talent. Wonder if we are still looking?
sfa17
Devon would be a great finish to a great class. I am just skeptical Bc we offered him in January and he has gotten 2 offers (Southern and Austin Peay) since then. Not a really a hard pick between us ,UIW, Southern,Lamar,Prison tech, and Austin Peavy. If I was a player and I knew I would not play aau, I would have commited way before November.

But I would definitely like to have him at Sfa. He is a former Baylor commit, 2 time state champ and Texas top 100 has him at #30. I'm thinking he goes to Lamar. Ive also noticed that getting offered early can be worst than getting offered late somethings
SFAJack_76
McNeil getting some preseason recognition.

SFAJack_76
Gone.

sfa17
Dang.. he would have been a good pick
SFAJack_76
If TJ redshirts, and we don't have any non-senior attrition, the three commits we have fill the roster.
corleycl
cboothe09
For those keeping track, this is ther little brother of Northwestern freshman Miller Kopp, a player SFA had offered...
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

For those keeping track, this is ther little brother of Northwestern freshman Miller Kopp, a player SFA had offered...

Thought that name was familiar.
CertifiedAxeman98

Figure this was the case after seeing the Kopp offer.
SFA Jack Fanatic
OK, I'm confused again. I thought that we have no more 2019 scholarships available. If so, then why the offer to Kopp?
nacluth
Probably concern about Comeaux
PurpleOut
Staff
Always want additional offers out there. You never know what will happen during/after a season. Offering late is hard, and the majority of kids will already be gone.
CertifiedAxeman98
Early signing period starts a week from today 11/14/18. It would be great if the verbal commits could come to Nac for the Battle of Chief Caddo on Thursday and do their signing there. Probably doesn't work in the middle of the school year on a week night.

After this year we lose Bogues, Fitzgerld and Grujic for sure. The question mark is if TJ will have a medical red shirt this year and play next year. If he does then you only have 3 spots and those are filled by Chisom, Hart and Pope. But you never know what will happen with TJ or Comeaux's after they are healed up so even if TJ red shirts this year you are not guaranteed he will be back next year and like we saw with Fisher you never know who might leave or get injured. Fisher's departure made room for Walker and that turned out good for us since we are down 2 point guards to start the season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.