2019 Basketball Offers

217,396 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a big get. Already improving on last year's recruiting class
PurpleOut
Staff
Hart visited TCU just a few days ago, crazy. I'm pumped.
sfa17
We took out some big boys. I was starting to get worried bc it seemed like a slow recruiting cycle bc Jock and Mitchell commited in June/July last year
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Dixon's got a risky recruiting pitch. Hey Sama'zha, you ready to win a lot of games? You look good in purple.

Sama'zha: This just isn't quite the right shade of purple for me.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

SFA was a better fit for him. Will be an immediate major factor.
Jacks4460
Hell yes!!! This Kat can play... Coaching staff is money I am telling you guys...
SFAJack_76
With four seniors on the team, anticipating four available scholarships for 2019. Two have been committed.
Who is next to step up? I hope, hope, hope, it is one of the top notch PG's that have offers.
PurpleOut
Staff
Chisom is a kid that can also run the point. Plus, we'll have both Augustin and Comeaux back next year. We'll lose both Fitzgerald and Holyfield (as well as Jovan), and even with the addition of Nicholas...we'll need some more big bodies.

But agree, that it'd be nice to have a pure PG come in next season to be ready after Augusti/Comeaux are gone.
CertifiedAxeman98
Keller and his team have done a good job of spreading the recruits out from, freshman recruits, JUCO and a even 2 transfers. Good balance in filling needs so far. Now lets get some 2019 guards signed up, especially PG. Early signing period I think is mid November so a lot of work left to do between now and then.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Chisom is a kid that can also run the point. Plus, we'll have both Augustin and Comeaux back next year.
Are you assuming that Comeaux will be good to go (assuming his physical problem - whatever it is - is repairable) either this year or next?
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Chisom is a kid that can also run the point. Plus, we'll have both Augustin and Comeaux back next year. We'll lose both Fitzgerald and Holyfield (as well as Jovan), and even with the addition of Nicholas...we'll need some more big bodies.

But agree, that it'd be nice to have a pure PG come in next season to be ready after Augusti/Comeaux are gone.

Bogues will be gone too, who I already miss. Though I hear there's a Bogues the younger who might be able to help us fill that hole.
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Chisom is a kid that can also run the point. Plus, we'll have both Augustin and Comeaux back next year.
Are you assuming that Comeaux will be good to go (assuming his physical problem - whatever it is - is repairable) either this year or next?
Yeah, worst case scenario (right now) is that we don't get John back this season, which would get him a redshirt year and still leave him with two years to play. I say "right now" because we have to assume there's also a chance he can't play again. I haven't heard either way on that.
Pilotgirl
In Hart's video, I heard him talk a lot about "family" and how that is important to him. I think that may have played a role in him picking SFA, again....I am sure he picked up on that fostering mindset on his visit/fanbase. And missed it when visiting other universities. I'm betting he wants to play/be a big factor and belong. SFA fits those two needs to a T. My 2 cents

P.S. I have a bad feeling about John. Call it woman intuition or whatever. Hope I am so very wrong.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

We (us) need to keep on Hart. He's a high level player that I think we can still get.
What do I win?
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

In Hart's video, I heard him talk a lot about "family" and how that is important to him. I think that may have played a role in him picking SFA, again....I am sure he picked up on that fostering mindset on his visit/fanbase. And missed it when visiting other universities. I'm betting he wants to play/be a big factor and belong. SFA fits those two needs to a T. My 2 cents

P.S. I have a bad feeling about John. Call it woman intuition or whatever. Hope I am so very wrong.
The reaction from our fans on Twitter has been absolutely amazing. The family environment that you/he mentioned seems to be a huge factor with all of the kids we are recruiting. We need to grow that even further and then grow into a more organized group come game time in the Coliseum.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

The reaction from our fans on Twitter has been absolutely amazing. The family environment that you/he mentioned seems to be a huge factor with all of the kids we are recruiting. We need to grow that even further and then grow into a more organized group come game time in the Coliseum.
Agreed. I'd love to see WRJ popping for every home game.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

We (us) need to keep on Hart. He's a high level player that I think we can still get.
What do I win?

Ed, were you giving out cruises for recruiting predictions or just the basketball pick em contest?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

What do I win?

Ed, were you giving out cruises for recruiting predictions or just the basketball pick em contest?
All he gets from me is my admiration. Got to save up for that cheesy crap I'll be giving away later in the prediction contest.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Oh Ed, stop being so modest about your prizes......cruises to Alaska, the Caribbean, Greek Isles etc......you don't have to downplay them as cheesy anymore, just lay them out there for all to see....Besides, look at them as celebratory events for the positive future of MBB here!!!!

SFA Jack Fanatic
Scratch Tyreek Smith off our list. Committed to A&M.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

With his offer list, we were a long shot. Pleased as heck that the staff is not afraid to take that shot.
TallTexan
edstile said:

A&M's coach must be the world's greatest recruiter. How the heck do you convince talented kids to come play in obscurity for 4 years while you struggle to make the tourney?
sfa17
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

A&M's coach must be the world's greatest recruiter. How the heck do you convince talented kids to come play in obscurity for 4 years while you struggle to make the tourney?

3 words .. Fuego Tortilla Gril. I would commit too after spending lunch there.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

TallTexan said:

edstile said:

3 words .. Fuego Tortilla Gril. I would commit too after spending lunch there.

I mean, if it's food they want, we can fix that lol. We're not about to get beat at Tacos by some Aggies.
SFAXE93
I think F: Tylan Pope 6-5; 220 takes his official visit to SFA this weekend.
Offers from SFA, McNeese State, New Orleans, Louisiana-Lafayette, UMass Lowell, Missouri State, Tulane, Texas State, Baylor, Appalachian State, Richmond
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
New Rivals Top 200 (Texashoops.com Rankings 2019)

Sama'Zha Hart 6-8; 210 Dallas, Texas (Pinkston) *** #25
Jordyn Adams 6-3; 175 Silsbee, Texas (Silsbee) *** #28
Devon McCain 6-3; 180 Silsbee, Texas (Silsbee) *** #30
Pierce Hellums 6-2; 170 Houston, Texas (Concordia Luthran) #33
Keaston Willis 6-3; 175 Sulphur Springs, Texas (Sulphur Springs) #95

nacluth
Come on Tylan! We want you here.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
What nacluth said!
No-look
SFAXE93 said:

Offers from SFA, McNeese State, New Orleans, Louisiana-Lafayette, UMass Lowell, Missouri State, Tulane, Texas State, Baylor, Appalachian State, Richmond
I thought he was here last week?
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Unless he came back, or this in incorrect, he was in Nacogdoches last weekend. Perhaps last weekend was an unofficial?

sfa17
SFAXE93 said:

IGOI think F: Tylan Pope 6-5; 220 takes his official visit to SFA this weekend.
If you check his Twitter he also has offers from Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Wyoming, Utah State , UA Little Rock
SFAXE93
It probably was, like I said, I think, so yes it might have been last week. Thank You
SFAJack_76
No way we lose him to Austin Peay, right? Right!?

No-look
Are we still after Adams? Haven't heard much.
sfa17
I don't think we are after either of the silsbee players anymore. That is just my personal opinion. I could be completely wrong. They really haven't gotten any offers in the last 4 to 6 months and neither of their offers are better than SFA. They did have Baylor and other P5 offers but that was more than a year ago.

It think they would have committed by now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.