2019 Basketball Offers

217,433 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we can land a kid like Avery Johnson, I think we could get Samazha back on board too. That would leave us, by my count, with 1 open slot for 2019's class.

This could be an all time class for SFA with the kids Keller's getting on campus.
SFAXE93
I don't think we can lose with any of these offers.

I just noticed that Jordan Wright is a teammate of Oddyst Walker.

G: Avery Anderson III 6-2; 175 Justin, Texas (Northwest) **** #8 CG; #64 Nation; #6 State
SFA?, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Texas A&M, UTA, North Texas

F: Victor Iwuakor 6-8; 210 Sulphur Springs, Texas (Sulphur Springs) **** #18 PF; #95 Nation; #10 State
SFA, Arkansas, KSU, Baylor, Houston, Illinois State, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, North Texas, Oklahoma, Seton Hall, Texas A&M, Tulane, Tulsa, UTEP, Virginia Tech, UIW, San Diego, UTSA

G: Mylik Wilson 6-3; 160 Rayville, Louisiana (Rayville) *** #16 CG; #126 Nation, #1 State
SFA, Iowa State, Rutgers, Tulane, Arkansas State, Grambling State, North Dakota, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe, Little Rock

F: Tyreek Smith 6-8; 210 Cedar Hill, Texas (Trinity Christian) **** #27 PF; #127 Nation; #10 State
SFA, UTA, Florida, Louisiana Tech, VCU, Tulane, Tulsa, LSU, SMU, TCU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, KSU, Houston, Virginia Tech, Oral Roberts, Georgia Tech

F: Gregory Hammond 6-5; 190 New Orleans, LA (Sophie B. Wright) *** #29 SG; #190 Nation; #2 State
SFA, Mississippi State, Robert Morris, Richmond, New Orleans, Texas State, Tulane, UCSB, Lamar, UMass-Lowell, Ole Miss, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, Louisiana Tech

G: Jordyn Adams 6-2; 185 Silsbee, Texas (Silsbee) *** #34 PG; #286 Nation; #24 State
SFA, Baylor, Lamar, TCU, Oklahoma State, Longwood

F: Jordan Wright 6-6; 205 Baton Rouge, Louisiana (Dunham) *** #47 SG; #289 Nation; #3 State
SFA, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Southern, TCU, Iona, Texas A&M, Tulane, Louisiana Tech, Grambling State, Houston, UAB, UC Riverside

F: Sama'zha Hart 6-7; 210 Dallas, Texas (L.G. Pinkston) *** #52 SF; #226 Nation; #18 State
SFA, UTA, Virginia Tech, KSU, Tulsa, Oklahoma, TCU

F: Charlie Russell, Jr. 6-7; 180 New Orleans, Louisiana (Sophie B. Wright)
SFA, Southern Miss, Southeastern, Central Connecticut, Florida Atlantic, Houston, New Orleans, Texas State, Loyola New Orleans, Xavier New Orleans, SUNO, Coastal Carolina, UCSB, UMass-Lowell, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, Lamar

F: Damiree Burns 6-6; 190 New Orleans, Louisiana (Sophie B. Wright)
SFA, UAB, Coastal Carolina, Tulane, UMass-Lowell, Sam Houston State, McNeese State

G: Korbin Cunningham 6-2; 190 Bryan, Texas (Rudder)
SFA, Air Force, Louisiana-Lafayette, UMass-Lowell, UTA

G: Pierce Hellums 6-2; 180 Tomball, Texas (Concordia Lutheran)
SFA, Air Force, American, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Furman, Liberty

F: Jourdan Smith 6-7; 180 New Orleans, Louisiana (Cy-Fair)
SFA, Denver, Oklahoma

G: Devon McCain 6-4; 190 Silsbee, Texas (Silsbee)
SFA, UIW, Baylor, Lamar, Sam Houston State

G: Keaston Willis 6-3; 170 Sulphur Springs, Texas (Sulphur Springs)
SFA

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
That's a talented offer list.
sfa17
Dallas Showtyme Classic Recap Part 2
Nike EAD Ducks 2019 6'6 Wing Sama'Zha Hart: Hart guest played this weekend with the Ducks and played at a high level. Hart possesses everything you look for in a high major wing. He his athletic, shoots it and guards. He played with more freedom this weekend and his upside is through the roof

http://thetb5reports.com/dallas-showtyme-recap-part-2/
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

It would be sweet if we can land one of these, and fantastic if we can land a couple. Anyway, ain't it great that our program is to the point that we can seriously compete with the big schools for the likes of these guys?!?
SFA Jack Fanatic
edstile said:

SFAXE93 said:

It would be sweet if we can land one of these, and fantastic if we can land a couple. Anyway, ain't it great that our program is to the point that we can seriously compete with the big schools for the likes of these guys?!?
And by the way, I can't help but wonder if getting a good Oddyst Walker in here could be a lure by the coaching staff to try to get a very good Jordan Wright here, too...
SFAJack_76
6'9" power forward from Croatia. Has offers from UNC-Asheville and UTSA.

sfa17

Not the greatest video quality and short...
Jacks4460
Wow that is why Coach K and Gru went over there to maybe convince his parents that Nacogdoches is the place to be.. On the way coach also participated in some clinics.. Perfect timing.. That kid can shoot the 3...
beaubrad46
I don't think that Gru went with him according to a Keller tweet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Wow that is why Coach K and Gru went over there to maybe convince his parents that Nacogdoches is the place to be..
Gru is from Serbia and this young man is from Croatia. But the countries are very close to each other, so who knows.... I don't doubt Coach K as a recruiter.

6'9" and can shoot. Would be a nice pickup.
SFAJack_76
Or perhaps they visited with Luka in Illinois where he is attending community college. Yes that is another world, but not quite Serbia or Croatia. (Luka should be very happy with the World Cup results so far.)

We apparently have extended around fifteen offers for currently expected four slots. It would sure be good to get one of those three or four star guys to commit and be the leader for the class. Only four months to the early signing period.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

sfa17 said:

I'm almost 99 percent certain that we have offered him. May never be posted on Verbal commit but neither was Hart's Offer (until he commited). It was just a visit and interest but obviously we had offered him.
Probably.

He has tweeted about offers he has gotten from other schools.He did retweet the edit, but nothing else about SFA yet.
No mention of an SFA offer.

beaubrad46
It is a talented list but being a skeptic, I must add that we have to actually sign some of them before they can be our all time greatest class.
No-look
Saw where Jordyn Adams just got an offer from Longwood. Is there an updated site that shows his offers?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Saw where Jordyn Adams just got an offer from Longwood. Is there an updated site that shows his offers?
For what it's worth, Verbal Commits lists him showing interest in offers from SFA, Baylor, Longwood, and Lamar, and no interest in offers from TCU and Okie State.
sfa17
Hopefully we get our first commit once the AAU season is over.
No-look
sfa17 said:

Hopefully we get our first commit once the AAU season is over.
When is the AAU season over? Does it go into August?
sfa17
Nike peach jam had their finals JULY 15 idk but other programs.
Jourdan Smith just got offer from OU. We were is first offer.
TallTexan
I think this is supposed to be a big UnderArmour shootout going on this weekend:

https://www.greatamericanshootout.com/project/duncanville-open-period-summer/
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic

This guy's definitely got game!

TallTexan
Wade Mason with some important life advice:

SFAXE93
G: Jervay Green 6-3; 195

Racking up the offers

Offers from SFA, TCU, Ole Miss, Colorado State, Wyoming, Houston, Wichita State, Nebraska, VCU, Portland State
SFAXE93
247sports says we have offers also out to

SF: Jared Garcia 6-7; 220 Katy, Texas (St. Thomas More) *** #64 SF; #6 State
Offers from SFA, Iona, Texas, Texas A&M

PF: Corey Nickerson 6-7; 205 Houston, Texas (Sterling)
Offers from SFA, Houston
SFA Jack Fanatic
Great to see that the SFA coaching staff is not afraid to go head-to-head with the Big Boys for top-level recruits!
beaubrad46
But can we actually sign one of them?
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
SFAJack_76
We must be around 15 offers now. Need to get one high level commitment to get it rolling.
PurpleOut
Staff
New offer out to 6'7 F AJ Bramah from Sheridan College in Wyoming. All Mid-Major offers right now.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Surely out of 15 or 16 offers we can hook one big fish, right?!

(I know, I know... Don't call me Shirley...)
No-look
Is the AAU season officially over?
Jon
Has likely been Coach Mason, he knows the area pretty well.
- Jon Godeaux
PurpleOut
Staff
Jon said:

I think this was in regards to the earlier question about who is recruiting Louisiana, it's definitely Mason. His knowledge and understanding of the kids especially around New Orleans is a huge advantage for us.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Jon said:

I think this was in regards to the earlier question about who is recruiting Louisiana, it's definitely Mason. His knowledge and understanding of the kids especially around New Orleans is a huge advantage for us.
I will be particularly impressed when he signs one of those high profile New Orleans area recruits. We did sign Walker, although he was lightly recruited and a late signee for some reason.
PurpleOut
Staff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.