2019 Basketball Offers

217,429 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfa17 said:

And if we can't get him back, there are plenty of more players. The recruiting season has just began.
Precisely! At this point, there are still plenty of fish in the sea! I have complete faith in the coaching staff to hook a couple of big ones.

(Coach Mason must be the most disappointed person, though, since he had worked his tail off to get Hart's commitment in the first place.)
sfa17
So it look like Jordyn Adams was hurt. So he didn't play in the first couple of AAU games for his team. But now he is healthy and putting up some good numbers.
Over weekend, in one game he had 13 points,6 rebounds and another game with 12 points, 4 rebounds
sfa17
Not sure if his high school team Devon Mccain is playing AAU. Ive been looking for awhile but no info. AAU is really important, when it comes to recruiting might actually be more important than high school basketball.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Not sure if his high school team Devon Mccain is playing AAU. Ive been looking for awhile but no info. AAU is really important, when it comes to recruiting might actually be more important than high school basketball.
RCSSports.com says he is (or will be) playing for the Texas PRO AAU team, but I can't find anything to confirm it. Through three years of high school, McCain has over 1,200 points, over 1,000 rebounds, and over 500 assists. RCSSports has him rated the #2 player in the Greater Houston area, with Adams at #8. His older brother was a redshirted linebacker for SFA but transferred to Navarro at mid-term.
sfa17
Yeah, he hasn't s posted anything about playing AAU on his Twitter. which is the exact opposite of Jordyn. But I think last year he played for a Houston Hoops. Hope is playing AAU. Bc u get to play against the best players in the country unlike some small high schools.

sfa17
Here is the info about Texas Pro and Devon

http://adidasgauntlet.com/2018-stats/adidas-gauntlet-series-atlanta-gold-division-stats/

Not listed on the teams most recent game or roster and adidas AAU is pretty good at updating info

sfa17
Updated Texas Top 100 list
#30 Devon McCain
#36 Jordyn Adam
#40 Sama'zha Amun Ra Hart
#48 Keaston Willis
#60 Pierce Hellum

TallTexan
I take it these are all guys we've offered? Because that's a pretty awesome list for our school.

And shoutout to my man Will Baker coming in at number 2. We never stood a chance, but he's a great kid who'd have made an excellent Lumberjack.

One of these days, we will be competing for the top 10 players in the state, my prediction is we'll land one with the 2021 class.
sfa17
Yeah, they just updated it yesterday. They will probably have at least 2 more updates. So these players could move up or down in the coming months.
TallTexan
Well let's sign a few of them & then hope they shoot up the charts next season.
Jacks4460
I really like Pierce... Kid can shoot lights out from the 3. I am telling you lights frigging out... Shot 45% last year 352att 159made... He has improved every year in HS. Smart player.. Reminds me of the kid from UCA that lit us up in Conway this year..
TallTexan
I thought we agreed not to talk about that kid from conway anymore?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

It became acceptable again after the whooping we put on him (10 points) and them (86-64) in Katy. And he's in our rear view mirror now...
Jacks4460
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

It became acceptable again after the whooping we put on him (10 points) and them (86-64) in Katy. And he's in our rear view mirror now...
Yes sir!!!
No-look
sfa17 said:

#30 Devon McCain
#36 Jordyn Adam
#48 Keaston Willis
#60 Pierce Hellum

Is there an updated site that shows the offers that these guys have?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

sfa17 said:

#30 Devon McCain
#36 Jordyn Adam
#48 Keaston Willis
#60 Pierce Hellum

Is there an updated site that shows the offers that these guys have?
www.verbalcommits.com
No-look
PurpleOut said:

edstile said:

2019 SFA recruit Pierce Hellums is tearing it up this spring playing for the Houston Defenders Under Armour Association team. They are headed to Vegas for the UAA national tournament on July 27-29. Hellums is hitting over 60% of his three-pointers.
Has an older brother, that I believe was at Pepperdine.

Video on Hellums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Reminds me of some guy named Parker.
SFAJack_76
sfa17
2019 SF Jourdan Smith recently had an unofficial visit to Prison Tech.
beaubrad46
I wonder if they locked him up.
sfa17
I doubt it , the only way a player commits to Sam over us, is if we aren't that interested
In the player .. so we let sam have him. But I don't think we have to worry about losing recruits to Southland
Teams
beaubrad46
I meant did they literally lock him up in a cell.
sfa17
beaubrad46 said:

I meant did they literally lock him up in a cell.
Haha. I completely missed that.
PurpleOut
Staff
Huge offer out to Tyreek Smith from Trinity Christian. 4-Star PF with a ton of big offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyreek-Smith-46046798

beaubrad46
It can't hurt. We can always hope.
SFAJack_76
He is a good one indeed. Eleven offers out for 2019 guys now.
TallTexan
Samazha liked that tweet when it went out.

Keller's gonna land some good kids.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Samazha liked that tweet when it went out.

Keller's gonna land some good kids.
Yes sir he is.. He is running in a good circle of basketball guru's.. Mason helps out tremendously they will land a couple real good ones.. Especially since they are doing a new renovation to the training facilities and locker room.. Kids like training with top of the line equipment in prime conditions..
SFAXE93

F: Montavious Murphy 6-8; 200 Spring, Texas (Klein Collins) **** #36 PF; #17 Texas (ESPN)
Offers from KSU, Texas A&M, Florida Gulf Coast, Houston, Tulsa, VCU, San Diego, Louisiana-Lafayette, interest from SFA, Minnesota

Unofficial visit to SFA right now
TallTexan
I'm ready to see some of the 2019 offers be accepted. I think we can definitely land a 4 star or two.
sfa17
2019 5'10 PG Isaiah Stevens recently visited Sfa. Won State Championship with Allen High School
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-stevens
Has offer from UNT, UTA, San Diego
No offer from SFA

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

2019 5'10 PG Isaiah Stevens recently visited Sfa. Won State Championship with Allen High School
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-stevens
Has offer from UNT, UTA, San Diego
No offer from SFA
I'm always curious as to why guys visit SFA without previously having had an offer made. Are they invited by the coaches for evaluation purposes, or are the players just doing this on their own time and dime? Can someone in-the-know explain how that works?
sfa17
I think they are invited. it's good to cast a wide net. If plan A fails, we can go with plan B. And sometimes the players might blow up after the visit.. and then we can tell them that "we were interested before the hype ; )". For example Hart had no offers when the coach visited him. And Since it's a unofficial visit it cost us no money.
sfa17
BIG TIME recruit Visiting SFA on Monday. The highest recruit to Visit SFA!! idk who it is, but i have a educated guess about who it could be. 2019 or even 2020 player. WE need SFA fans and Nac to show him some LOVE.
nacluth
How can I show him love if I don't know who it is?

I guess I'll buy everyone in Butcher Boy's free food from 12-2 on Monday. Someone bring him buy there to feel the love.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.