2019 Basketball Offers

217,454 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This IS HUGE
sfa17
had offers from k-state, Louisiana tech, TCU, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Tulsa. Rivals 3 Stars
PurpleOut
Staff
This. Is. HUGE.

OH MY
sfa17
I completely gave up hope on him when the P5 offers came in. They were working on him this whole time!!
nacluth
Wow. Guess I'll have to teach my dumb phone how to not autocorrect Sama'Zha...and maybe I should I learn how to say it.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can Coach K recruit, or what?!?!

(Where are the guys who wanted his head about six months ago????)
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

I wonder if it is Hart out of Dallas.
You get the gold ring, 93.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

had offers from k-state, Louisiana tech, TCU, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Tulsa. Rivals 3 Stars

Also had interest from Texas, Baylor, and Colorado State
No-look
Watching his highlights one can tell he has that special something. Huge!
sfa17
sfa17
Coach Wade spotted at 0:35

No-look
How am I supposed to calm down and go to sleep now???
No-look
PurpleOut said:

This. Is. HUGE.

OH MY
Doesn't he play on the same summer team with Jordyn Adams who we offered?
sfa17
yes, but i think Jordyn is no longer on the team

Edit: he is still on the team. Sorry. but i think he was injured and didnt play much early on, but the season is young

https://www.d1circuit.com/page/show/4032908-pro-skills-nikeproskills-
SFAXE93

F: Sama'Zha Hart 6-8; 210 Dallas, Texas (Pinkston) *** (Rivals) #37 State (TX)
Offers from SFA, Oklahoma, TCU, Virginia Tech, KSU, Louisiana Tech, Tulsa

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Coach Wade spotted at 0:35

He appears to be VERY athletic and smooth!

(And it's neat to see Coach Wade alongside those other great coaches from around the country. Definitely shows that SFA is not afraid of competing with anyone for talent!)
nacluth
Guys are doing amazing. Coaches and team members are doing great at convincing these guys this is the place for them.

Come to SFA and Win!

Nicholas and this guy plus a year of Seraille coming in for Kevon's senior year. Coach is getting me stoked!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
corleycl
VERY NICE!
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

Guys are doing amazing. Coaches and team members are doing great at convincing these guys this is the place for them.

Come to SFA and Win!

Nicholas and this guy plus a year of Seraille coming in for Kevon's senior year. Coach is getting me stoked!
I am telling you the new training facility they are building is gonna attract some of the better players... I just wish we would really spend the dough and create a basketball only living/eating/study/training center... I will take the renovated shooting range for now beggers cant be choosers... I have seen this kid play and he is smooth smooth...
TallTexan
It's amazing how much talent Coach K has brought to the Jacks. Underwood built a good base & now Coach K's building a freaking skyscraper on top of that base. We need to start looking at keeping Coach K around for a long time.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Coach K's building a freaking skyscraper on top of that base.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

It's amazing how much talent Coach K has brought to the Jacks. Underwood built a good base & now Coach K's building a freaking skyscraper on top of that base. We need to start looking at keeping Coach K around for a long time.
Texan I have been saying this since basketball around mid-season... We can get him a hell of alot cheaper right now more so than next year when we are killing people.. Also we can get a clause in there stating a very large buyout if someone comes and out pays us for him... I think 600K-650K a year gets him tied into a 3 year deal... Maybe a 2 mil 3 year deal with a buyout of 5 mil if a big boy wants to come and pay for him..

TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

Texan I have been saying this since basketball around mid-season... We can get him a hell of alot cheaper right now more so than next year when we are killing people.. Also we can get a clause in there stating a very large buyout if someone comes and out pays us for him... I think 600K-650K a year gets him tied into a 3 year deal... Maybe a 2 mil 3 year deal with a buyout of 5 mil if a big boy wants to come and pay for him..

Hopefully we'll hear about an AD hire soon, & hopefully it's with someone with experience in this situation.

A large buyout helps SFA, but we've got to look at how to keep a great coach like Keller long term to continue building the program. Does anyone have any idea what Wichita State has done to keep Marshall all these years?

I know they've raised his salary multiple times & now he makes more than most P5 coaches, but they've kept him even when bigger checkbooks have come calling.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

Hopefully we'll hear about an AD hire soon, & hopefully it's with someone with experience in this situation.

A large buyout helps SFA, but we've got to look at how to keep a great coach like Keller long term to continue building the program. Does anyone have any idea what Wichita State has done to keep Marshall all these years?

I know they've raised his salary multiple times & now he makes more than most P5 coaches, but they've kept him even when bigger checkbooks have come calling.
Marshall is at 3.3 mil per year now.. I have read that he is just comfortable at where he is at and he knows he makes alot of money. He has been there 7 years and this past year was bounced in the first round by Marshall. So some have said if he is gonna leave for say a Louisville,or someone like that then this would be the year. I dont hang out with Coach Keller but the general feedback I get is that he and his family really love Nacogdoches. So he wants to be here and thats huge. If he can get this great talent he is recruiting and come in here and go to the sweet 16 or elite 8 consistently and be compensated FAIRLY then why would you want to move. Nacogdoches is a beautiful place.. I am sure that is how Coach Marshall feels about Wichita State.
SFAJack_76
I am a Keller supporter, but classifying him as a "great" coach after two years seems a bit premature. Perhaps he should at least win an SLC championship first. The tournament win was very good. Going toe to toe with Tech was very nice, but it was not a win. Remember how most fealt after the second loss to Lamar.

If Keller consistently leads SFA to the sweet sixteen or the elite eight, there is no way he does not take the millions and opportunity at a high major.

I love the potential of the 2018-19 team. Today, it is potential.
sfa17
Yeah. Every coach says that they love their program and the city they coach in. But it almost always comes
Down to money and How big the opportunity is. BU probably said the same thing at Okstate. It's not like Keller could answer the question with "nah, I really don't like nac and want to use sfa to get a P5 Job" I think Keller will need 3 to 4 good season. Similar to BU. He already has 1. Even after everything BU did at SFA, people and Okstate fan were still skeptical about his hiring. Since they believe it's "easy" to win in Southland but BIG 12 is P5. Even though he had 2 Ncca wins.
TallTexan
It'd be hard not to love the town/school you're at as long as you're winning. That said, I get the feeling that Coach Keller is a small town kind of guy. Everything about his persona, the way he tells stories to the way he dresses with the funky blazers make it look like he could easily be a Nacogdoches local.

Now, that won't keep him here indefinitely, but 2018-2019 has the potential to be our most successful year yet if the team hits their stride in March. Sure, there are bigger opportunities, but if we can lower the pay gap & reward him for success, I don't see why we wouldn't have the chance to hold onto him. That may mean eventually making him a million per year coach, but if this team keeps raking in talent & trending up, I think he'd definitely be worth it.

For what it's worth, I think Underwood was on that path too at SFA overtime. I think a coach would be worth a million a year to SFA if we we're routinely a Sweet 16 threat, winning atleast 1 NCAA game a year & sometimes 2 or more. Now of course, if we're willing to just sit on our hands & say that our max will never go above 500k for a coach, sure, we're gonna lose Keller and other good coaches after a while.

But as Wichita State has shown, if you're willing to pay a coach for success, then you've got a chance for them to stick around.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I am a Keller supporter, but classifying him as a "great" coach after two years seems a bit premature.
I'm going to go ahead and call my shot here like I did on twitter.

Best Coaches in Basketball

1. Kyle Keller
2. Brad Stephens
3. Greg Popovich
4. Jason Hooten*

*Outside of Brad Underwood & Kyle Keller, no-one has done more to help SFA win basketball games over the past 7 years than Jason Hooten. That kind of dedication to Lumberjack excellence is to be commended.
No-look
Well, it was good while it lasted.
sfa17

Speechless rn. I guess we still a chance

Edit: He has been getting calls from bigger school, trying to sway him
PurpleOut
Staff
I get it. It just sucks because the bigger schools will try to bully a kid to their side, but would instantly drop him for a higher priority recruit. Maybe it was too early for him, I just hate that it's somebody else trying to make up his mind. He's a priority for our staff.

sfa17
yep, they will recruit a player give them one season to develop and if he doesn't just kick them to the corp. I've heard recent talks of letting player with a GPA 3.0 or higher transfer without setting out a year. That will be mayhem.

Getting him twice seem unlikely but we still have to try. We know what happened to the last player who committed and decommitted. The player has to want to be here or they will find an excuse to leave. But I think Hart really wants to be at SFA but too many people talking to him.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I get it. It just sucks because the bigger schools will try to bully a kid to their side, but would instantly drop him for a higher priority recruit. Maybe it was too early for him, I just hate that it's somebody else trying to make up his mind. He's a priority for our staff.

Yep, I'd imagine that's what happened here. Real bummer for SFA, but if anyone can reel him back in, it's Keller.
PurpleOut
Staff
Its going to be tough. He just recently got the big offers, so he never visited OU, KState, etc. Plenty of kids go through this and just want to make sure they're making the right decision, so again I get it.

We're still in it, and I'm 100% behind our staff and know we can get him back.
sfa17
another reason why it is soo sweet to beat P5 teams on the basketball court. Mid Major coaches deserve praise for doing more with much less.

And if we can't get him back, there are plenty of more players. The recruiting season has just began.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.