2023 Volleyball

14,352 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by SFA88
SFA88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GCU and UTA play tonight in Arlington; could be interesting.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

GCU and UTA play tonight in Arlington; could be interesting.

GCU 3, UTA 1
BigJack85
CBU is tall. Good to see us get in synch. I could see them causing real trouble in the conference tournament
SFAJack_76
First place to the winner on Saturday. Shelton should be packed. It won't be, I suspect.
BigJack85
Gigantic win vs GCU. DHump has another special group.

Axe 'Em Jacks
SFA Jack Fanatic
The second set was one of the gutsiest performances you'll ever see from an SFA team. It broke GCU's spirit the rest of the match
SFA88
GCU is good. The sweep was no cakewalk but, as arrogant as it sounds, there is a gap between SFA and the rest of the WAC.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
It's a freight train…. 18-3.
SFAJack_76
Not our best effort tonight, and still got the W in a sweep. Humphreys was "disappointed " in our effort in the third set. As fired up as I have seen her this season.
SFAJack_76
GCU over RGV 3-2 in the valley to go to 6-1. RGV 5-2.

ACU over UTA 3-2 with the reverse sweep in Arlington to go to 5-2. We will have to play better on Saturday than we did today.
SFAJack_76
Played much better today than on Thursday. Serve was really good.

8-0 (sets 24-1) with 6 of the last 8 on the road.

SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
20-3; 9-0

9 Straight wins

SFAJack_76
With seven WAC matches left:

• SFA 9-0
  • GCU 8-1
  • UTRGV 7-2

We play both of them on the road. They don't play each other again. Five of our seven are on the road. UTRGV has four of seven at home. GCU has five of seven at home. We definitely have the toughest remaining schedule.
SFAJack_76

SFAXE93

21-3; 10-0

10-game win streak

Tough last 6-game stretch ahead with road games at UTRGV and Grand Canyon in this three horse race.

@UTRGV (3rd Place) won 3 straight, 8-2 in last 10 (5-1 at home)
@UTA (5th Place) (8-3 at home)
Seattle (10th Place)
Utah Valley (7th Place)
@Grand Canyon (2nd Place) won 4 straight, 9-1 in last 10 (5-2 at home)
@California Baptist (6th Place) (4-2 at home)
SFAJack_76
UTRGV is playing at a high level right now. Had both the libero and setter of the week.
SFAJack_76
For those in the DFW area.

"Hello SFA VB Fans:

With the unique Monday match schedule for matches against your travel partner, we will be in Arlington, at UTA this coming Monday, Oct. 30 at 6:00 p.m. We would love to make UTA as PURPLE as possible! I know we have a large following in the DFW area and Monday sounds like a great night to catch a good VB match. The Ladyjacks are in the hunt for the 2023 WAC Title, as we are in the final 3 weeks of the regular season.

Come on out to the College Park Center, wear your purple & sit with all the other purple people! Let's make some noise & turn it into a home court advantage for SFA!

Thanks in advance for your support! Can't wait to see you there.

Debbie Humphreys"
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks take a 4-set win over a very good Lady Vaqueros team on the road to stay on top in the WAC, 26-24, 25-19, 25-27, 25-17.
SFAJack_76
Freshman, Ky Creecy got her first start. This was a very good win in front of 1,407. GCU stayed one game back with a 3-0 win over Utah Tech.
SFAJack_76
UTA wins at UTRGV 3-1. I did not see that coming.

Ladyjacks at UTA on Monday.
SFAJack_76
Another big road game tonight before the final two home matches.

djsfw57
Ladyjacks win vs UTA 3-1. 23-3!
SFAJack_76
12-0 in WAC. Finally back home for two before finishing up the regular season on the road for the last two.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

12-0 in WAC. Finally back home for two before finishing up the regular season on the road for the last two.

Humongous win. Didn't get to watch. Was the SFA crowd, loud?
SFAJack_76
Stress free as expected. Well, except for late in the third set when Dhump had a "disagreement " with the up ref on a call she made.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Stress free as expected. Well, except for late in the third set when Dhump had a "disagreement " with the up ref on a call she made.

Along with the stumble, by GCU against Tarleton….. ouch for GCU. Nice for us. A win Saturday would "almost" guarantee us the #1 seed.
SFAJack_76
After GCU loses at Tarleton 3-1, Ladyjacks have a two game lead with three to go. Winning on the road is not easy.

Ladyjacks have UVU at home on Saturday, then to GCU and CBU. GCU finishes at ACU, then home against SFA and UTA.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

After GCU loses at Tarleton 3-1, Ladyjacks have a two game lead with three to go. Winning on the road is not easy.

Ladyjacks have UVU at home on Saturday, then to GCU and CBU. GCU finishes at ACU, then home against SFA and UTA.

No layups in the WAC. I get it. UVU at home. Check.
SFAJack_76
Last home match for a great group of seniors. I hear there is an opportunity for a couple of them to have milestone records. A win guarantees not worse than a share of the WAC championship.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93

SFAJack_76
26-3 (15-0). On to CBU for the final regular season match. The team will go from there directly to Orem, Utah for the WAC tournament. I want to believe that the Ladyjacks could get an at large bid to the NCAA, but I suspect that's a long shot. What a great season, so far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.