2023 Volleyball

14,354 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by SFA88
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA88 said:

Today's matchup should be a good one. ASU is 8-0 and SFA is 7-1. Ladyjacks have got this!
ASU is, perhaps by a lot, the best team we have played this season. They beat Boise State 3-0. Fortunate that NAU is not good, so Debbie was able to rest some girls last night. It's been a tough road trip.

Ladyjacks are 8-1 after dominating NAU 3-0 last night.
SFA88
Not looking good. Ladyjacks lost the first set 25-13 and they are behind in the second 6-2.
SFAJack_76
Final 25-13, 25-16, 25-16.

Had hoped for better, but not surprised. ASU is better, and played their starters all the way. Good experience for us.

Next up … that team from Huntsville in the pressure cooker. Hope for a huge, loud crowd to help celebrate 800.
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

Had hoped for better, but not surprised. ASU is better, and played their starters all the way. Good experience for us.

Next up … that team from Huntsville in the pressure cooker. Hope for a huge, loud crowd to help celebrate 800.
I decided to look into it a little. ASU has not been good, that's being polite, in many years. I went back to 2017 and didn't see a season with a conference record over .500 (0-20 in 2017). They hired a new coach in December and he has made a HUGE difference for the Sundevils.
SFAJack_76
SFA88 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I decided to look into it a little. ASU has not been good, that's being polite, in many years. I went back to 2017 and didn't see a season with a conference record over .500 (0-20 in 2017). They hired a new coach in December and he has made a HUGE difference for the Sundevils.

Seven D1 transfers.
SFAJack_76
Shelton is packed! Let's go!!
djsfw57
There's just something a little extra special about beating Sam 3-0. Can't quite put my finger on it. LOL
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

There's just something a little extra special about beating Sam 3-0. Can't quite put my finger on it. LOL

Extra special.
SFAJack_76
Attendance of 1,208, and they turned people away.
nacluth
That is a crowd!
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance of 1,208, and they turned people away.
Crowd looked great on tv!
SFAJack_76
This was a really good win. Tulsa beat Ole Miss in five sets earlier in the day. We played as good as we can play in that second set.

Ole Miss at 1:30 today to finish up the tournament.

SFAJack_76
The WAC preseason player of the year with a career day. 25 kills. Zero errors.
djsfw57
Ladyjacks beat Ole Miss 3-1. They looked fantastic!

Scores: 25-23, 24-26, 25-19, 25-18

#AxeEm
SFAJack_76
Outstanding three matches by the Ladyjacks this weekend. Leah Powell coming in during the second set against Ole Miss made a big difference. Good crowd of 684. Nice to see 85 making his first match of the season.

BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Outstanding three matches by the Ladyjacks this weekend. Leah Powell coming in during the second set against Ole Miss made a big difference. Good crowd of 684. Nice to see 85 making his first match of the season.

It was my pleasure 76'. And, I've brought in a convert. Not on the board, but I'm convinced that my convert will make 4-6 matches this season. He lives in Lufkin.

Axe 'Em Jacks.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

It was my pleasure 76'. And, I've brought in a convert. Not on the board, but I'm convinced that my convert will make 4-6 matches this season. He lives in Lufkin.

Axe 'Em Jacks.
Well done! I've heard Coach Humphreys say many times, come to one volleyball match, and you will be back. It's fun to watch, and the environment in Shelton is insane.

Noon on Saturday to open WAC play vs UTRGV. Should be a good one.
SFAJack_76
I didn't know it was this good, but our block has been excellent. Fourteen against a bigger Ole Miss team.

SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
I'm sure others saw the Ole Miss bus in Nacogdoches for the tournament. Don't fret about the players and coaches having to make the long bus ride to Oxford after going 1-2. The purpose of the bus was to take them to the airport where they got on their chartered plane to go home. The bus then drove their gear to Oxford. That's the resources of some of who we compete against.

Yep. Beating their snooty (they were) butts got a little sweeter when I learned this.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

I'm sure others saw the Ole Miss bus in Nacogdoches for the tournament. Don't fret about the players and coaches having to make the long bus ride to Oxford after going 1-2. The purpose of the bus was to take them to the airport where they got on their chartered plane to go home. The bus then drove their gear to Oxford. That's the resources of some of who we compete against.

Yep. Beating their snooty (they were) butts got a little sweeter when I learned this.

Ya. I was wondering about that. I figured they (Ole Miss) took a bus ride. Wrong. Ladyjacks didn't care. Wink
SFAXE93
BigJack85
ESPN + ????????
BigJack85
The end result, was not in doubt.
SFAJack_76
Attendance 312. There's a bunch of folks missing out on seeing a quality team coached by one of the best in the country.
Pilotgirl
Dominating match! So fun to watch them, even if it is just on ESPN+ Will try to make a game but don't know if I can as of yet.
SFAJack_76
UVU could be interesting. Decent team. Generally good crowds averaging about 1,200. Elevation over 4,700'. Long travel day today.

Seattle is not good.

BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

UVU could be interesting. Decent team. Generally good crowds averaging about 1,200. Elevation over 4,700'. Long travel day today.

Seattle is not good.

Ya UVU took us to the limit last year. I believe in the tournament.
SFAJack_76
14-3 (3-0) This team is good.
SFA88
Big test when the team comes back home. They have CBU and the GCU. Both teams are also 3-0 in conference. I think they win both of those series.
SFAJack_76
Today is the first NCAA RPI release for this season. GCU at 118.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
WAC STANDINGS (OCT. 5)

STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE 5-0; 16-3 (5 STRAIGHT WINS) #43
GRAND CANYON 4-0; 11-4 (7 STRAIGHT WINS) #118
CALIFORNIA BAPTIST 3-2; 10-6 (2 STRAIGHT LOSSES) #205
TEXAS - RIO GRANDE VALLEY 3-1; 9-8 (2 STRAIGHT WINS) #160
TEXAS - ARLINGTON 2-2; 13-4 (2 STRAIGHT WINS) #133
TARLETON STATE 2-2; 11-7 (2 STRAIGHT LOSSES) #227
ABILENE CHRISTIAN 2-2; 7-9 (WIN) #183
UTAH TECH 1-3; 5-9 (WIN) #270
UTAH VALLEY 1-3; 4-11 (2 STRAIGHT LOSSES) #167
SEATTLE 0-4; 5-10 (4 STRAIGHT LOSSES) #248
SOUTHERN UTAH 0-4; 4-10 (4 STRAIGHT LOSSES) #249
SFAJack_76
Big matches tonight and Saturday. Must defend the home court.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.