2022 Volleyball

5,384 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From an email:

Below is the schedule & information regarding the FAST Tournament, Saturday, April 9. FAST Complex: 15400 Hempstead Rd, Houston

10:30 a.m. SFA vs TX A&M
12:30 p.m. SFA vs Baylor
2:30 p.m. SFA vs Rice
3:30 p.m. SFA vs UH

There will be no pass list for families and spectators. All tickets are $10 per person, no refunds. They can purchase online with a credit card or at the door, CASH ONLY, on Saturday.

https://www.2gotix.com/fast-complex/tickets/fast-complex/
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

From an email:

Below is the schedule & information regarding the FAST Tournament, Saturday, April 9. FAST Complex: 15400 Hempstead Rd, Houston

10:30 a.m. SFA vs TX A&M
12:30 p.m. SFA vs Baylor
2:30 p.m. SFA vs Rice
3:30 p.m. SFA vs UH

There will be no pass list for families and spectators. All tickets are $10 per person, no refunds. They can purchase online with a credit card or at the door, CASH ONLY, on Saturday.

https://www.2gotix.com/fast-complex/tickets/fast-complex/

I hear that our performance in all four matches was very good. The best we have played in two years.

I don't have any scores, but that came from an extremely reliable source.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
Thanks for the update, 76. I never heard how the ladies did in the long day on April 26. Were those just scrimmages?
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
Thanks for the update, 76. I never heard how the ladies did in the long day on April 26. Were those just scrimmages?


We've got quite a few returning? Correct? We should be formidable.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
Thanks for the update, 76. I never heard how the ladies did in the long day on April 26. Were those just scrimmages?


We've got quite a few returning? Correct? We should be formidable.


Ten returning with 11 or 12 newcomers. Possibility of one more transfer in. I expect us to be improved over last season.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
Thanks for the update, 76. I never heard how the ladies did in the long day on April 26. Were those just scrimmages?


I don't know the answers to your questions.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
Thanks for the update, 76. I never heard how the ladies did in the long day on April 26. Were those just scrimmages?


We've got quite a few returning? Correct? We should be formidable.


Ten returning with 11 or 12 newcomers. Possibility of one more transfer in. I expect us to be improved over last season.


I just looked at the roster. Looks like a significant percentage of the returnees had major contributions to last season. Sounds like we could be improved. With the experience gained in last years post season I expect I must to compete for a WAC title.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Unexpectedly, lost Val Rosado to the transfer portal. Said she wanted to be closer to home in Florida.

Schedule should be posted before too long. Fifteen WAC teams will play single match round robin. We will get some teams to Shelton that haven't been there. Hope for loud, rowdy crowds to welcome the likes of GCU, CBU, and NMSU.
Thanks for the update, 76. I never heard how the ladies did in the long day on April 26. Were those just scrimmages?


We've got quite a few returning? Correct? We should be formidable.


Ten returning with 11 or 12 newcomers. Possibility of one more transfer in. I expect us to be improved over last season.


I just looked at the roster. Looks like a significant percentage of the returnees had major contributions to last season. Sounds like we could be improved. With the experience gained in last years post season I expect I must to compete for a WAC title.
Other than Rosado, the others that left were provided real assessments of their position with the team. Several were walk ons.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Progress.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Roster has been updated to include freshmen and transfers.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster/2022?&sort=class
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
VOLLEYBALL 2022

RS:#19 PAYTON CERNY 6-4 (SR.)
MB:#20 JAMYAH ANDERSON 6-3 (JR.)
MB:#9 IZABELLA ORTIZ 6-1 (FR.)
MB:#10 ASHLEY PROCIOUS 6-1 (JR.)
MB:#5 KELSEY HARRINGTON 6-1 (SR.)
MB:#16 IELAN BRADLEY 6-0 (JR.)
OH:#2 ARIANA PAGAN 5-11 (SR.)
OH:#28 DIVINE MUO 5-11 (FR.)
S:#12 MADDY BOURQUE 5-10 (JR.)
OH:#4 CAMRYN HILL 5-10 (FR.)
OH:#6 HAILEY HUNT 5-10 (JR.)
S:#3 SHAYLAN WRIGHT 5-9 (FR.)
OH:#8 LEAH POWELL 5-9 (JR.)
DS:#11 EMILY AH LEONG 5-9 (JR.)
S:#18 JAYDEN FLYNN 5-8 (FR.)
S:#23 TRINITY FUNDERBURK 5-8 (SO.)
DS:#1 BRIANA RANEY 5-5 (FR.)
DS:#7 HALEY HOANG 5-5 (JR.)
DS:#13 IZZY DENTON 5-3 (FR.)
DS:#15 EVANA RAMOS 5-1 (SO.)



SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never bet against Humphreys.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greg does a great job for volleyball. These young women are amazing. What they put their bodies through ….

SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dominating, planned, five set match with scores of 25-17, 25-17, 25-9, 25-10, and 15-12. Several freshmen played with OH Camryn Hill, MB Izabella Ortiz, and S Jayden Flynn getting a lot of playing time. NSU transfer Haley Hoang played Libero for the entire match. Big step up from anyone we had there last season.

Our serving was the best I have seen us execute. I heard from assistant coach Evan Amstutz that they practice serving an hour every day. The practice translated to success on the court. Passing was better, and more consistent than last season. The bad was learning that Junior MB, Ashley Procious is out for the season due to injury. That's a significant loss. The freshmen are going to have to grow up fast.

Even with Ashley out, this is not a fifth place team. "That made me mad." Don't make Debbie mad.

SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Dominating, planned, five set match with scores of 25-17, 25-17, 25-9, 25-10, and 15-12. Several freshmen played with OH Camryn Hill, MB Izabella Ortiz, and S Jayden Flynn getting a lot of playing time. NSU transfer Haley Hoang played Libero for the entire match. Big step up from anyone we had there last season.

Our serving was the best I have seen us execute. I heard from assistant coach Evan Amstutz that they practice serving an hour every day. The practice translated to success on the court. Passing was better, and more consistent than last season. The bad was learning that Junior MB, Ashley Procious is out for the season due to injury. That's a significant loss. The freshmen are going to have to grow up fast.

Even with Ashley out, this is not a fifth place team. "That made me mad." Don't make Debbie mad.


Great info, 76! BTW, any idea why Haley Haong made the jump across the Sabine? How did that come about?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

NSU transfer Haley Hoang played Libero for the entire match. Big step up from anyone we had there last season.

Even with Ashley out, this is not a fifth place team. "That made me mad." Don't make Debbie mad.


Great info, 76! BTW, any idea why Haley Haong made the jump across the Sabine? How did that come about?
I don't know the details, but I suspect she saw an opportunity to play in a much better program with a need for what she does. Debbie Humphreys. Shelton Gym vs Prather. WAC vs SLC. About an hour closer to home in Plano probably helped.

BTW, solid crowd today. Also, the reserved section plastic chair back seats have been moved to the visitor section. They have been replaced with cushioned chair backs like are used in the soccer reserved section.
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Never bet against Humphreys.



So weird for SFA volleyball to not be the clear top pick of the conference. I guess we've been so used to being the gold standard it's weird to be anything less.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Never bet against Humphreys.


So weird for SFA volleyball to not be the clear top pick of the conference. I guess we've been so used to being the gold standard it's weird to be anything less.
It is. Debbie agrees that NMSU is #1. She also agrees that the top five are a step ahead of the rest. As far as where SFA is ranked among 2-5, "the WAC got it wrong."
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent preview.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking forward to another great season from SFA Volleyball. More wins a-coming.
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Never bet against Humphreys.


So weird for SFA volleyball to not be the clear top pick of the conference. I guess we've been so used to being the gold standard it's weird to be anything less.
It is. Debbie agrees that NMSU is #1. She also agrees that the top five are a step ahead of the rest. As far as where SFA is ranked among 2-5, "the WAC got it wrong."


Gotta play with a chip on their shoulder like WBB last year for their 2nd preseason ranking. Should be good motivation.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Debbie is fired up. But, Debbie is always fired up. Her sustained intensity amazes me.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Libero education from our transfer.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great interview!
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our creatives are definitely stepping up.
SFA88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Our creatives are definitely stepping up.



I have been thinking the same thing. The video group and the social media group have really been stepping up the quality.

To me, they are on par with some of the large programs. This is the type of thing students and fans have come to expect from their university.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.