2022 Volleyball

24,100 Views | 278 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA88 said:

I was going through their schedule and it is possible Sam is better than their record indicates. There are a bunch of losses to teams from power 5 conferences. I think SFA is better but the players may have taken them lightly because of that record.
Sam is better than their record. Probably in the top five in the WAC. We played well below our capabilities. Significant line up changes made by the coaches for the Tarleton match addressing the underperformance of some.

Sam is now 3-1 in the WAC. They play 4-0 UTRGV next. We will know more about both of those teams. We also can't overlook UTA. They are 11-4 and 3-0 in the WAC with a win at GCU. SFA doesn't play UTA until November 5th.

BTW I think SFA beats GCU. It still looks like the WAC will come down to SFA and UTRGV.
BigJack85
SFA88 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA88 said:

I was going through their schedule and it is possible Sam is better than their record indicates. There are a bunch of losses to teams from power 5 conferences. I think SFA is better but the players may have taken them lightly because of that record.
Sam is better than their record. Probably in the top five in the WAC. We played well below our capabilities. Significant line up changes made by the coaches for the Tarleton match addressing the underperformance of some.

Sam is now 3-1 in the WAC. They play 4-0 UTRGV next. We will know more about both of those teams. We also can't overlook UTA. They are 11-4 and 3-0 in the WAC with a win at GCU. SFA doesn't play UTA until November 5th.

BTW I think SFA beats GCU. It still looks like the WAC will come down to SFA and UTRGV.

Thanks for the analysis!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
nacluth
Great job!
SFAJack_76
Dominated the first set. Won the second rather comfortably. Couldn't do anything right in the third. Fell behind in the fourth, but battled back, winning on the fifth match point. GCU is solid. We are deeper. Leah Powell, who had lost playing time to the freshman of the week last week, came on in the fourth and played lights out, including the winning kill.

Really good win. Very good crowd, although way too many left after the second set. LMB pep band was present and loud. Purple Haze doesn't exist. There's a banner, but that's all.

CBU on Saturday. They are 2-2 after giving UTA their first WAC loss tonight. At 4-1, the Ladyjacks are one game behind 5-0 UTRGV, who beat Sam 3-1 tonight.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Dominated the first set. Won the second rather comfortably. Couldn't do anything right in the third. Fell behind in the fourth, but battled back, winning on the fifth match point. GCU is solid. We are deeper. Leah Powell, who had lost playing time to the freshman of the week last week, came on in the fourth and played lights out, including the winning kill.

Really good win. Very good crowd, although way too many left after the second set. LMB pep band was present and loud. Purple Haze doesn't exist. There's a banner, but that's all.

CBU on Saturday. They are 2-2 after giving UTA their first WAC loss tonight. At 4-1, the Ladyjacks are one game behind 5-0 UTRGV, who beat Sam 3-1 tonight.

Watched on ESPN +. The crowd did look impressive. Loud. What's up with Purple Haze? I guessed attendance at 550 based purely on the eyeball test. Box score said 570. Check.
Pilotgirl
That was a great game!
SFAJack_76
Dominating win in front of a good Saturday afternoon crowd of 413. 25-17, 25-14, 25-15. Hit an outstanding.391 as a team. Led by another double-double from Pagan with 15 kills and 12 digs. Bradley with 11 kills on 19 swings, and 0 errors. She is a beast on the right side. Super athletic.

17-2 (5-1) On the road to 0-4 Seattle and 3-1 Utah Valley. Two of UVU's wins are against Seattle.

BigJack85
Seattle put up a fight. Ladyjacks pull through. On to UVU.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFA defeats SHSU 3-1

Improves to 19-3; 7-2

Pretty much a 3 team race in the WAC

UTRGV 7-0
Utah Valley 6-1
SFA 7-2
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
Attendance 694.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 694.

It was LOUD. Very LOUD. On of the most exciting events I've attended, in a while.

Just a guess. 850-900 would be close to capacity.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 694.

It was LOUD. Very LOUD. On of the most exciting events I've attended, in a while.

The biggest crowd since 2019. I think I have heard that up to 1,000 could fit, but that would be shoulder to shoulder. Kennard and Hudson VB teams were there. Prematch, Humphreys went over and pumped up the band.

Glad you could experience it in person, 85.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 694.

The biggest crowd since 2019. I think I have heard that up to 1,000 could fit, but that would be shoulder to shoulder. Kennard and Hudson VB teams were there. Prematch, Humphreys went over and pumped up the band.

Glad you could experience it in person, 85.

Yes sir. I've been to 100's of SFA athletic events. Volleyball in WRJ. WBB in Shelton, 1981. Never been to a WVB game in Shelton. Highly recommend attending. Great to see you 76!
TallTexan
We caught a game in Shelton last year before a football game. I'd guess maybe 200-300 in event. And it was pretty loud.

Nearly 700 would be quite the event I'm sure.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

We caught a game in Shelton last year before a football game. I'd guess maybe 200-300 in event. And it was pretty loud.

Nearly 700 would be quite the event I'm sure.

It was….. quite the event.
SFA88
Huge game Thursday against UTRGV.
BigJack85
SFA88 said:

Huge game Thursday against UTRGV.

Huge. Both teams are 19 win squads. Got on the RGV website. They are really pushing this one. Also, RGV gets really big crowds.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
Sarah Cruz (UTRGV) almost singlehanded, pushing RGV along. She's a handful.
BigJack85
Officially a SFA VB junkie. Watching on ESPN + while listening to sfavolleyblog.net.

If Sarah Cruz doesn't break her arm, the Vaqueros are going to be hard to beat.
Pilotgirl
Great match to watch!
djsfw57
SFA wins 3 - 1
SFAXE93
Huge win for the Ladyjacks!

20-3; 8-2
BigJack85
They are going to be hard to beat in the tournament
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pulled the rug from under UTRGV's waltz through the WAC. Good job, Ladyjacks!
SFAXE93
4 games remaining with 3 of them at Shelton
Pilotgirl
And that was a rude awakening for UTRGV!!
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Outstanding win. That loss at Sam is still a real head scratcher. Win out and see what happens.
SFAJack_76
UTRGV 8-1
UVU 8-1
SFA 8-2
UTA 7-3

UTRGV plays UTA on Saturday and at UVU on November 5.
We play at UTA on November 5.

Any other loss by the top four will be an upset.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

And that was a rude awakening for UTRGV!!
It really was. Tonight is the first time I've seen them. They are definitely better than I expected. I was impressed.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.