2022 Baseball

27,842 Views | 367 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
Jackdad22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry to get everyone stirred up. But remember before you go to firing people. You get what you pay from.
Jackdad22
I hate spell check. You get what you pay for.
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think you're necessarily stirring anyone up, if it is I think it's fine because it's an issue that needs to be addressed. All opinions are welcome here.
Jackdad22
Thanks for listening . This is a School I think a lot of ,and a sport I am very passionate about.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm a huge college baseball fan and advocate. I used to go to the CWS every summer.

I hate complacency, which I feel is somewhat of a problem with the athletic department for this program. Which is why I bring up making other changes. We don't know if it would be better, but it couldn't be that much worse.
BigJack85
Jackdad22 said:

Thanks for listening . This is a School I think a lot of ,and a sport I am very passionate about.

No worries. The people on this board, are all very passionate about SFA sports. All of them. I watched the bowling title match(es), and I don't even like bowling. We would all like to find that donor or BE that donor that gets baseball to the level of basketball.
SFAJack_76
Jackdad22 said:

Thank you for your input and insight. I appreciate your passion. I believe in the future of the baseball program. It just needs to move faster.
SFAXE93
FINAL: UTRGV 9, SFA 5
SFAXE93
FINAL: SFA:9 UTRGV 4
SFAXE93
FINAL: UTRGV 5, SFA 2

That will do it for the regular season (15-36; 8-22) which is the worst record for SFA baseball since restarting the program in 2006 when the Jacks went 15-41.

BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

FINAL: UTRGV 5, SFA 2

That will do it for the regular season (15-36; 8-22) which is the worst record for SFA baseball since restarting the program in 2006 when the Jacks went 15-41.

Ugh. I know our facilities are weak. Very weak.

I don't see much improvement, until we get some $$$$. I'll still be cheering and supporting regardless. Cardenas is very invested in building men. That matters. Matters a lot.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Just to continue on this topic, Baylor just hired the McLennan Community College coach to be their head coach. They won the JUCO National Championship last year. He was a recruiter and hitting instructor at Baylor for a long time so he's got ties and D1 experience, but never a D1 Head Coach.

If anyone remembers Wayne Graham at Rice, he was hired from San Jacinto with no D1 experience and turned out pretty well.

Just saying.

SFAXE93
Same thing with Ty Harrington.

His first Head Coaching job was starting the baseball program at Northeast Texas CC in 1995 and they won the 1996 NJCAA National Championship.

He later went on to head coach at Texas State (2000-2019) and took them to the regionals in his first season there.

Harrington only had 3 losing seasons in his 20 year career at Texas State and finished that career in 1st place in the Sun Belt Conference taking home Coach of the Year in 2019.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Will Vest is having a good start. 1.57 ERA. 22 innings pitched 11 hits. Not bad. Another high character producer
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
New assistant coach for SFA Baseball

Richie Villanueva

https://sfajacks.com/news/2022/8/2/villanueva-named-sfa-assistant-baseball-coach.aspx
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

New assistant coach for SFA Baseball

Richie Villanueva

https://sfajacks.com/news/2022/8/2/villanueva-named-sfa-assistant-baseball-coach.aspx
Did someone leave, or is he replacing Black as a volunteer assistant? (Black went to UNM to be an assistant for Dickson.)
SFAXE93
Looks like Mike Haynes is gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.