2022 Baseball

28,164 Views | 367 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy said:

Feels like a give up year for baseball unfortunately. Next season will likely have new hope and a new vision.

Never seen Cardenas teams look like they have "given up". Seems like very year we have this conversation and the general opinion is that we need better facilities. Until something significant happens on that front, I feel like we are spinning our wheels.
SFAXE93
Jackdad22
I am the parent of a ex SFA baseball player. I don't understand the reasoning for the comments about baseball. Cardenas is not the problem. It is facilities facilities facilities. Everyone that competes with SFA brings up the fact that the facilities here are worse than the high school facilities they played on in Highschool. All the kids with Dreams of playing next level ball expect to play on something better than high school. There were many boys my son played with wanted to go to SFA but chose to go else where because of that alone. Some went to Baylor, Arkansas, TCU, A$m, Houston Rice. Top notch players that the only reason they did not play for SFA was facilities. SFA is going down the same path as Lamar putting All their eggs in the Basketball basket. Lamar did that with the Montaigne center . They I think actually made it to the sweet 16. They even hired Legenday coach Billy Tubs. To be a quote Basketball school. They now admit they should have spent the money on their football and baseball facilities. If SFA had the facilities they would keep talent capable of playing in the super regionals and possibly the World Series. Talk Exposure for the school.
BigJack85
Jackdad22 said:

I am the parent of a ex SFA baseball player. I don't understand the reasoning for the comments about baseball. Cardenas is not the problem. It is facilities facilities facilities. Everyone that competes with SFA brings up the fact that the facilities here are worse than the high school facilities they played on in Highschool. All the kids with Dreams of playing next level ball expect to play on something better than high school. There were many boys my son played with wanted to go to SFA but chose to go else where because of that alone. Some went to Baylor, Arkansas, TCU, A$m, Houston Rice. Top notch players that the only reason they did not play for SFA was facilities. SFA is going down the same path as Lamar putting All their eggs in the Basketball basket. Lamar did that with the Montaigne center . They I think actually made it to the sweet 16. They even hired Legenday coach Billy Tubs. To be a quote Basketball school. They now admit they should have spent the money on their football and baseball facilities. If SFA had the facilities they would keep talent capable of playing in the super regionals and possibly the World Series. Talk Exposure for the school.

95% of Lumberjack fans realize this. There is no disputing that our facilities are the worst in the WAC. If anyone can get the facilities turned around it's Ivey and Cardenas.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jackdad22 said:

Yeah literally every person here has said it's the facilities.

You can't compare what we are doing with basketball to what Lamar did or does. Like someone else said, if only we had donors that cared about baseball like they do about basketball.

And, college baseball will never get the exposure that college basketball does. And I say that as a massive college baseball fan.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jackdad22 said:

You make some good points, but with all due respect, to compare SFA's basketball programs (plural) to Lamar's is nonsensical. And much of the financial support of SFA MBB and WBB (construction of the Naymola Basketball Performance Center, for example) comes from alumni, not just the university.
SFAXE93

Watch the Jacks sweep!
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93 said:

I'm sorry your #301!
BigJack85
2-1 final.
SFAXE93
I guess you can say that right now moral is high!

SFAXE93
Jaco and Emmons tag team this sammy line up giving up only 1 run off of 5 hits, with 10 Ks
SFAXE93
BigJack85
Early. Getting slapped pretty significantly.
SFAXE93
The Jacks battled back in the 2nd to tie it at 3, took the lead in the 4th 5-3 and sam retook the lead in the 7th 9-6, SFA added one in the 8th, but came up short 7-9.

Crawford is on fire, has 6 hits in his last 10 at bats 2 RBIs, a HR, and a double.

SFA looks to take the series today at 1:00PM
SFASawmillGuy
Not SFA related but a cool finish to the Texas Tech-Texas game if you like college baseball. Wilson, the runner who did the walk off steal, proceeded to hit a walk off grand slam in the 10th inning the very next day. Gonna be a guy who's probably going to make some good money one day.

BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

The Jacks battled back in the 2nd to tie it at 3, took the lead in the 4th 5-3 and sam retook the lead in the 7th 9-6, SFA added one in the 8th, but came up short 7-9.

Crawford is on fire, has 6 hits in his last 10 at bats 2 RBIs, a HR, and a double.

Watched some the Friday game. The guys play hard. We just don't have the pitching. Pitching.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Watched some the Friday game. The guys play hard. We just don't have the pitching. Pitching.
Exactly. Went to both Saturday and Sunday games. This team does not quit, even when getting way behind. Down 7-0 after 2 today, then outscored Sam 4-3 the rest of the way. Our outfield defense is outstanding. Infield, not so much. An 8.09 ERA in WAC play won't win many games. 1-8
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Unfortunately that's been our Achilles heel for the past 10 years. We get some outstanding pitchers like Palmer and Kubo but we never have the depth to keep it going. Baseball might be the single hardest sport to team build for because of how important a deep bullpen is.
SFAXE93
And there are 5 true freshmen pitchers on the roster.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
1-19 ouch !
BigJack85
Is there "light at the end of the tunnel" with baseball?
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Might be a freight train.
Jackdad22
If they can talk the pilgrims pride foundation into a sizable donation as was proposed several years back. I would say yes a very bright future awaits. By the way what happened to pilgrims pride ball park.
SFAXE93
Pilgrim's Chicken went into bankruptcy protection back when he made that pledge.

Pilgrim's was sold off in 2009 to the Brazilian company JBS and Bo Pilgrim died in 2017.
SFAJack_76
Jackdad22 said:

If they can talk the pilgrims pride foundation into a sizable donation as was proposed several years back. I would say yes a very bright future awaits. By the way what happened to pilgrims pride ball park.
I hear that due to the site, the cost was escalating a lot. It also did not have administration and faculty support. Bottom line, lack of funds.
SFAXE93
Hey let's do it again!

SFAXE93
T2 | Texas Tech 2, SFA 1
SFAXE93
B5 | Texas Tech 6, SFA 1
SFAXE93
F | Texas Tech 13, SFA 5
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

F | Texas Tech 13, SFA 5

Yikes. Yikes. Again.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

Might be a freight train.
That was exactly what I thought!!
SFAXE93
Jacks head back home for a 3 game stand against Tarleton State

April 1-3; 6:30 PM Friday

The Texans have given up 29 runs in the last 2 games
SFASawmillGuy
We've given up 32 runs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.