2020-2021 Cross Country/T&F

19,396 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Branson taking a long shot and passes with two misses. If he misses on his first jump at 5.8m then he's done.
TallTexan
Branson passes with 2 misses?

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.
nacluth
At some point these guys gamble to keep from getting too tired, but Ellis' last two runs haven't looked good.

10 got to 5.8m - this is the Olympic standard height.
nacluth
Done. But awesome work by a Lumberjack.
TallTexan
Bummer.
nacluth
Bizzell will be up on Thursday.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I was wondering when she competes.
nacluth
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

I was wondering when she competes.
7pm on Thursday night.
TallTexan
Why don't more folks pass earlier in the competition so you're not fatigued later?
nacluth
Confidence. And setting a bar height. It's a strategy game that gets pretty intense at the Olympics
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Confidence. And setting a bar height. It's a strategy game that gets pretty intense at the Olympics

Nilsen is no joke! The top 2 are really really good!
nacluth
5.85 was the height that the 3 olympians hit to advance. Nilsen hit 5.9 to win. Ellis was close.
TallTexan
Branson topped out at 5.7?

How many inch difference is that?
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Just shy of 5 inches or a "hands-breadth" as they use to say.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

TallTexan said:

Just shy of 5 inches or a "hands-breadth" as they use to say.

And atleast one more season at SFA, with a definite goal in sight.

Will be cool to see if he can make the leap.
Pilotgirl
Summer Olympics 24 is just 3 years away....
nacluth
Kaylee has the lowest vaults of the year by far out of the 24 competitors. Hopefully she can hit her best of the year tonight.

It's amazing how much lower the women's vaults are than the men's - almost 8 feet lower. That's a staggering percentage to me.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Kaylee has the lowest vaults of the year by far out of the 24 competitors. Hopefully she can hit her best of the year tonight.

It's amazing how much lower the women's vaults are than the men's - almost 8 feet lower. That's a staggering percentage to me.
I think you need to recheck your metric conversions. The top women are within three feet of the best men. Kaylee is right at 14'.
SFAJack_76
Note that Nastassja Campbell is competing from Arkansas. Recall she was at SFA her freshman year.
nacluth
You're right. Thanks! I was thinking that was a ridiculous amount. 3' is still a large margin but nothing like I was confused about.
nacluth
First height has it at 4.3m. Higher than Kaylee has posted in an outdoor event though she has gotten 4.5 in indoor.

Missed first attempt. Missed second. Rough body language. She needs one strong push.
nacluth
Several of the top pros are passing their first and second heights.
nacluth
She just didn't seem to have the pop today. I have loved watching all our Jacks compete against the best. What a great track/field squad we have!
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

She just didn't seem to have the pop today. I have loved watching all our Jacks compete against the best. What a great track/field squad we have!
I think she may have had some injury issue during the outdoor season.

Great season for men and women T&F. Imagine what they are going to do with a full track to work out on!
ACUtrackfan
I have been remiss in reaching out to the Sawmill crowd to congratulate the 'Jacks on an absolutely terrific T&F season. You dominated the final SLC outdoor championship. You climbed into the top 15 at D-1 nationals on the men's side. Branson Ellis is a stud (I got to meet him a few years ago when he was the Male Texas HS Field Athlete of the Year -- he is a really good kid from a good family). The SFA 4x4 relay was one of the absolute highlights of the meet for me, with Auhmad Robinson running the 2nd fastest relay leg in D-1 championships history.

I have been looking at the comparison between the WAC and SLC championship meets and the Texas 4 (minus a woeful Lamar, who has hit the skids since they lost their HC to Bradley) will really dominate the WAC in 2022. SFA, barring any defections to the transfer portal, will be the odds-on favorite for both the men's and women's title. ACU will probably have the 2nd best women's team, although their men's team was disappointing this year. Sam Houston has a strong men's team, although their women's team has fallen on hard times.

If I were to make a way-too-early projection for the WAC outdoor team race in 2022, for the men I would say: SFA, Sam Houston, and either ACU or Grand Canyon. On the women's side, that might look like SFA, ACU, and either Grand Canyon or New Mexico State.
nacluth
Thanks for stopping by trackfan! I like your predictions. Hopefully SFA and ACU will continue at a high clip in the new conference.
SFAJack_76
Thanks for stopping by trackfan. Always a pleasure to have someone post about a sport that isn't football or MBB. There are too few of us.

The wife and I were able to make it to the SLC outdoor meet. The men's 4x400 final there was outstanding also. Robinson is one of the gutsiest relay runners I have ever seen. Really looking forward to seeing his progress.

Getting the new track at Homer Bryce will be of real value to our track men and women student-athletes. Looking forward to WAC competition.
TallTexan
I didn't even realize we had this degree.

Pilotgirl
Several T&F athletes with great GPAs!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Several T&F athletes with great GPAs!
So I'm guessing SFA leaving means the slouchland conference will see a dip in their athletic reputation AND the conference IQ average will now take a serious hit. Sounds good to me.
TallTexan
TallTexan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.