SFA / ACU

33,436 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aquavelvis
nsubroski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SELA's best player just got hurt. Shocked they let him go right back in as he looked like he hit his head.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Crowd pours out before senior presentations because, apparently, it's important to get home at 9:15 instead of 9:30
You know that Nac Traffic is terrible, might take you a whole extra 2 minutes to get home.

I fill like we need a fan academy to teach people how to be fans.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Crowd pours out before senior presentations because, apparently, it's important to get home at 9:15 instead of 9:30
You know that Nac Traffic is terrible, might take you a whole extra 2 minutes to get home.

Lots of fan complaints. We could be Nicholls...in first and averaging less than 400.
TallTexan
I found out where the terrible southland refs have been. Hello UNO.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Lots of fan complaints. We could be Nicholls...in first and averaging less than 400.
Oh I'm glad our fans show up, I just want to take it to the next level.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Oh I'm glad our fans show up, I just want to take it to the next level.

That's a never ending issue and a thread amongst it self on how to get and keep fans. Part of it is the lack of name teams that come to SFA. Just no power squad ever gonna come. But, it is what it is
nacluth
BigJack85
When I retire and move back I'll be a regular win or lose.
nacluth
Single bye. Win in Huntsville #3, lose #4.

-2000th
INiedrauer
Staff
40% or so of the crowd stayed and, honestly, that's probably the best I've ever seen. Sad to say that but I wasn't too disappointed.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAELITE
TallTexan said:

I found out where the terrible southland refs have been. Hello UNO.
Two horrible calls called with 1:30 left. A moving screen and a offensive foul, ref should never called those when its a one point game. I'm referring to the UNO/SELA game. Both calls going against UNO.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Thanks, Ty, Leon, and Ivan!!!!! But you're not done yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Single bye. Win in Huntsville #3, lose #4.
We need to beat Prison Tech so we're not matched up with (probably) Nicholls until the final.
No-look
INiedrauer said:

40% or so of the crowd stayed and, honestly, that's probably the best I've ever seen. Sad to say that but I wasn't too disappointed.
Couldn't the senior presentations be done at halftime or before the beginning of the game?
SFAXE93
Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s we got Texas, Houston, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State to come to Nac.

Won a few of them too.

The last power 5 program to come to Nac was Texas Tech in 2009 (L 61-63)
No-look
SFAXE93 said:

Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s we got Texas, Houston, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State to come to Nac.

Won a few of them too.

The last power 5 program to come to Nac was Texas Tech in 2009 (L 61-63)
Didn't Tech get a put back as time expired to win it?
SFAXE93
Something like that, it was a heartbreaker.

Pat Knight was the coach then, before he went to Lamar.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Game day!!! Come out and support our three seniors as we send them off with a win against the Wildcats. Two games left this season.

Well, glad ACU ended up like Goose tonight. Never got out of the cockpit clean.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
INiedrauer said:

We stayed until after the presentations and then drove back to Shreveport. I wouldn't call that 40% in my estimation. From up top it looked as if 1/4 stayed and thats generous. You sure you still aren't counting the empty season ticket holder seats as in attendance?
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Lumberjack Battalion
INiedrauer
Staff
I'm impressed you made that drive on a weeknight. If we had a few more RedRiverLas around we'd have nothing to complain about.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

RedRiverLa
BTW, Underwood is one and done in the Big Ten tournament. His 13 seeded Illini lose to 12 seeded Iowa. Bet Illini fans are saying he's not a great coach, they're just not seeing it. Nice guy, but not impressed, doesn't know X and Os. Time to move on...
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
RedRiverLa said:

nacluth said:

Game day!!! Come out and support our three seniors as we send them off with a win against the Wildcats. Two games left this season.

Well, glad ACU ended up like Goose tonight. Never got out of the cockpit clean.

You can be my wingman anytime.
RedRiverLa
INiedrauer said:

I'm impressed you made that drive on a weeknight. If we had a few more RedRiverLas around we'd have nothing to complain about.

Well, it was senior night, had to drive over. Mid-week games are usually hard to make, and I had to miss Lamar Saturday due to work, so come to think about it, I've never, in person, seen the Jacks lose at home. Granted, I've only been coming over since 2014. My first game was when we brought the kids over for a showcase Saturday. I walked into Wrj just as the NSU game was concluding. Set down long enough to see Parker steal and dunk to win the game. How's that for a first impression? Crowd was wild, what a moment.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

BTW, Underwood is one and done in the Big Ten tournament. His 13 seeded Illini lose to 12 seeded Iowa. Bet Illini fans are saying he's not a great coach, they're just not seeing it. Nice guy, but not impressed, doesn't know X and Os. Time to move on...
That sounds vaguely familiar.....
SFA Jack Fanatic
Any idea why Fisher never saw the court? I was watching on TV, so I don't know if he was injured or if he's in Coach K's doghouse.
nacluth
If I had to guess, it was so he could see it and take in how special it was. It's kind of emotional, and I'm thinking Coach wanted to make an impact that if he works hard, this will be him in three years.
MasterAxe
edstile said:

RedRiverLa said:

Tell you what, when Keller gets to the NCAA 4 of his first 5 years, I will write a 1,000 word mea culpa on how wrong I was about him.

Until them, my skepticism will remain.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

If I had to guess, it was so he could see it and take in how special it was. It's kind of emotional, and I'm thinking Coach wanted to make an impact that if he works hard, this will be him in three years.
Hmmm... A 30-point lead and he was never inserted into the game?? With all due respect, what you're selling I ain't buying, Ryan. Apparently, he wasn't injured, so I'm thinking that he'll be transferring at the end of the year.
nacluth
What I'm selling is cheap...how bout two for one? Keller has said from the beginning of the year that Fisher is a work in progress. He's consistently kept him out of games even ones where everyone else played. I don't know if it's because he's the only freshman or if it's due to behavior, but it's always seemed like it was to give the other guys that don't get much court time ahead of him more minutes. Maybe I'm misreading, but I bet (if he's here) we see a lot more of him next year.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

edstile said:

RedRiverLa said:

Tell you what, when Keller gets to the NCAA 4 of his first 5 years, I will write a 1,000 word mea culpa on how wrong I was about him.

Until them, my skepticism will remain.

Apparently, past success or respect around the coaching circles matters not to many Illini fans. But then again, they're only 14-18, if he just gets some time he could get them to a 20!win season, maybe even 23-6. If Keller's teams stay status quo, I may be writing the essay, but will probably kept to 500 words just due to lack of interest.
Lumberjack Battalion
fortWorthJack
So I didn't get a chance to watch both Lamar and ACU games. Sad to see the result with Lamar. I am not certain what happened but I am guessing our SLC championship hopes are down the drain. We need to handle business at Sam.
INiedrauer
Staff
Don't be shocked if Fisher transfers. I'm not saying it'll happen but if I had to put money on any member of the program (beside seniors) not being here in a year, he'd be at the top of the list.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

aquavelvis
RedRiverLa said:

At Illinois, Coach Brad has no Walkup, no Haymon, no Parker, no Pinckney, and so on. Maybe another year of recruiting will result in some success for him. That particular group of players (all recruited by Danny Kaspar, right?) really stepped up, and they were or seemed fearless and confident...guessing some of that was in their DNA and the rest was coach-inspired.

And to Coach Keller, same problem...no Walkup, etc. And while...in some games on TV and at UIW here in San Antonio I've seen some real talent, and size is getting better...I don't see players with the fire we saw from Kaspar through Brad. Coaches can influence that, but I'll be happier when I see freshmen and Juco x-fers showing up with 1) some innate swagger, arrogance almost, to go along with talent, and 2) sense enough to listen to Coach so that he augments their swagger, instead of being solely responsible for instilling it. And arrogance is not a bad thing if it is directed at the other team, and not directed at being a BMOC.

Coach Keller has a good recruiting rep, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he can get some guys like that.
Scott Taylor
Gazette1
Canette was up to the task. He had six assists and five steals along withe his game high fifteen points.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.