SFA / ACU

33,213 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aquavelvis
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (23-6; 12-4) vs. ACU (15-14; 7-9)

WHEN: FEB. 28 (WED) 7:00 P.M.
WHERE: SAWMILL
TV: ESPN3

The Wildcats have lost 3 straight and 5 of their last 6.
W1964
The start time has been changed?
First I have heard of this.
nacluth
No it's 7.
BigJack85
A win against ACU and moving forward a win against Sammie would cure a lot of ills. Let's roll Jacks!!!!
nacluth
Agree here. I came into yesterday full of confidence about the future. Still believe in this team (I mean I've seen a lot of bad SFA teams), but it was a gut punch that needs some walking off. I'm going to support Canete, Gilmore, and Charles. They deserve all the praise for their time here.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Agree here. I came into yesterday full of confidence about the future. Still believe in this team (I mean I've seen a lot of bad SFA teams), but it was a gut punch that needs some walking off. I'm going to support Canete, Gilmore, and Charles. They deserve all the praise for their time here.

Agreed. All. With special emphasis on TY.
SFAJack_76
Disappointing game yesterday. Conference championship almost assuredly gone. NCAA bid still there to be had.

You are the coach. What do you do to get the team up after yesterday? How do you game plan for ACU?

MasterAxe
SFAJack_76 said:

Disappointing game yesterday. Conference championship almost assuredly gone. NCAA bid still there to be had.

You are the coach. What do you do to get the team up after yesterday? How do you game plan for ACU?

You remind them that you're SFA and they're ACU and there is no plausible reason for them to be even close to competitive with, so let's go out and crush their souls.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I'd start here:
nacluth
Ty will be looking for his 1000th point on Wednesday at home. Hope he gets it. On a side note, 3 game starter Shannon Bogues is on pace to clear 1000 points next year.
jboy93
Man I hate Ty has had to deal with his injuries. I remember thinking this kid was going to be an all-time great as a freshman/soph. I will be there to support him on senior night with the others. I'm not sure what all happened at the beginning of the year with Leon but he is a work horse and I am glad he made it back. We will make some noise in Katy! Go JACKS!
TallTexan
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to watch the game Wednesday, night, we'll be driving from Midland to Tyler, but I might swing by ACU & TP the campus while everyone is otherwise pre-occupied.

Just doing my part to help the Jacks win.
No-look
Win next two and SELA should lose next two.
cboothe09
If the tournament started today...

First Round
#8 ACU vs. #5 Lamar
#6 UNO vs. #7 UCA

Quarterfinals:
#4 SHSU vs. ACU/Lamar
#3 SFA vs. UNO/UCA

Semifinals:
#1 Nicholls vs. SHSU/ACU/Lamar
#2 SLU vs. SFA/UNO/UCA

A lot can change this week though...As far as I know, six teams have clinched

Wednesday:
Nicholls @ Northwestern State
ACU @ SFA
SHSU @ UCA
HBU @ UIW
SLU @ UNO
McNeese @ TAMU-CC

Saturday:
ACU @ UIW
Lamar @ McNeese
Northwestern State @ UCA
Nicholls @ SLU
TAMU-CC @ HBU
SFA @ SHSU
nacluth
Actually not a bad draw, but I think we're going to see some changes. 1.) I'll be shocked if SELA holds on to their games this week. It can happen, but two high level games makes me think we'll flip flop 2/3. Also, I see Corpus winning out and ACU dropping out for the 8 seed. But one game at a time.
cboothe09
I agree. I see us jumping up to the #2 spot with SLU having to face UNO or UCA (I lean towards UNO in a road game). That also likely pits us against UNO or UCA, after they have played back-to-back nights, which would be really nice.

I'm not sure if ACU holds on for the #8 seed either...ACU has a tough game against us but then has a layup at UIW. McNeese ends with Corpus on the road and Lamar at home. Will be fun to watch how that plays out.
nacluth
Game day!!! Come out and support our three seniors as we send them off with a win against the Wildcats. Two games left this season.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Someone will need to carry the torch for me tonight. Wife had surgery today and wants me to stay home. I weighed the damage it would cause if I went anyway and after I thought about it I figured I'd better bite the bullet and stay in.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Someone will need to carry the torch for me tonight. Wife had surgery today and wants me to stay home. I weighed the damage it would cause if I went anyway and after I thought about it I figured I'd better bite the bullet and stay in.
Wise choice. Hope she recovers well.

We got this!
SFAXE93
No more losses. AXE'EM JACKS!
SFAELITE

nacluth
10 games left to National Champions! I'm going to bring a oversized notepad with 10 on it, and when we win tonight, I'm ripping it off to show the 9 underneath.
RedRiverLa
For a fan base that says it's the best in the conference, what an embarrassing turnout for senior night. Hopefully it's late arriving
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

For a fan base that says it's the best in the conference, what an embarrassing turnout for senior night. Hopefully it's late arriving

Everything is relative. Combine that with the downer Saturday. We'll still average 3X our nearest competition. Still a bummer.
MasterAxe
No true PG starting.

Interesting.

Or, this is how we let all 3 seniors start.
nacluth
RedRiverLa said:

be there at half like every Wednesday
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

I wonder how much playing on Wednesdays affects our crowd.

Do we have any flexibility to move to Tuesdays?
nacluth
Get hot senior night Canete!
MasterAxe
I wonder if Keller not starting a true PG is kind of a test run for an "anti-Lamar," lineup?
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

RedRiverLa said:

You know that wasn't directed at you. You're a solid performer.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

The Saturday let down should not affect a turnout on senior night. It's a little better, but it sucks. And 3k includes all the season ticket seats that are empty.

Everything is relative. Combine that with the downer Saturday. We'll still average 3X our nearest competition. Still a bummer.
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

nacluth said:

RedRiverLa said:

You know that wasn't directed at you. You're a solid performer.
I think we should know how many people he brings with him from Church for the second half before we label him a solid performer.

Go ahead Nacluth, guilt trip them with "doing life together".
SFAELITE
MasterAxe said:

I wonder if Keller not starting a true PG is kind of a test run for an "anti-Lamar," lineup?

Its most likely to honor the seniors on senior night
SFAELITE
SFAELITE said:

MasterAxe said:

Well they went back to that lineup so it might be an attempt to get some work in with the lineup
MasterAxe
SFAELITE said:

SFAELITE said:

MasterAxe said:

Well they went back to that lineup so it might be an attempt to get some work in with the lineup

I really think Keller wants a good long look at that lineup. Specifically, because Lamar exposed our PG's last game.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.