SFA / Mississippi St.

34,593 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Cowbells looked very beatable tonight! Hope they are as cold from the outside against us as they were against Green Bay tonight.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

If Green Bay can hang around like this with Aaron Rodgers out, I like our chances to beat Miss State.
I see what you did there...
jboy93
I'm new here so first of all "GO JACKS!" Anyone think we can get 5 wins over the next 8 games?
cboothe09
jboy said:

I'm new here so first of all "GO JACKS!" Anyone think we can get 5 wins over the next 8 games?

Yes
Florida A&M, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana Monroe, Rice, and North Dakota State.
As for the three losses. I think Miss State is the most winnable, followed by Mizzou, with LSU currently being the toughest
jboy93
Don't we have to win one of the SEC games for the nation to take us seriously?
nacluth
For the nation to take us seriously, maybe. But, in 2015-2016 we didn't beat anyone of note, but made people take notice in the tournament.

However, don't be surprised if we steal a SEC game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

NDSU will not be an easy game at home. They've lost to UCSB and USC on the road, two very good teams. They play Florida A&M tomorrow, so that will give us a better measuring stick on both of those two.

La Tech and ULM will be tough matches also. Rice is bad this year (all of their best players fled the coop when they changed coaches) and should be an easy win.

I think we might be able to knock off one of the three SEC teams, but playing all of them on the road will be tough. Wish someone from one of the Power Conferences had the cojones to come to Nacogdoches.
cboothe09
edstile said:

cboothe09 said:

NDSU will not be an easy game at home. They've lost to UCSB and USC on the road, two very good teams. They play Florida A&M tomorrow, so that will give us a better measuring stick on both of those two.

La Tech and ULM will be tough matches also. Rice is bad this year (all of their best players fled the coop when they changed coaches) and should be an easy win.

I think we might be able to knock off one of the three SEC teams, but playing all of them on the road will be tough. Wish someone from one of the Power Conferences had the cojones to come to Nacogdoches.

I agree. Those won't be easy wins. I give us the benefit of a doubt because we are at home for four of those wins. NDSU will be by far the toughest win to get of the five I picked. Tech will be tough too, but only because it is on the road.
sfa17

Not game highlight but player highlight Lamar petter vs green bay
INiedrauer
Staff
The Green Bay/Miss St game is on-demand on WatchESPN if anyone really wants to watch it. Was actually a really good game.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Ok all you SFA realists...

Over on the Pick Em contest, so far only TallTexan and I have picked SFA to win and 11 against (with an average of a 15 point loss). Tonight, something is going to happen that's about to change this team. Kevon, TJ, and Bogues are going to go through this team like a wrecking crew, and something is going to crystallize in them: BELIEF.

That belief that they can play together against anyone is going to take hold and change the identity of this team. They are going to believe that as a unit nothing is going to slow them down. Gilmore is going to believe that he can be an elite defender. Aaron is going to believe that he can go toe to toe with the best point guards out there. This team's belief is going to turn them into a juggernaut.

They are going to win 6 of their next 8 games. They are going to win 17 conference games. They are going to win the SLC tournament, and they are going to win their 4/13 seed matchup against Baylor in Dallas. They are going to believe that this year is their year, and next, they will redefine Southland basketball.

The train's leaving the station. Don't wait or you're going to miss out. I believe tonight it all changes.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
INiedrauer
Staff
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

BELIEF

I like the cut of your jib, Ryan!!! Axe 'em, Jacks!
Lawmacmoore
Needing the game tonight to escape from my family for a few hours before the holiday. Just hoping for a good game and bringing up a win tomorrow during dinner would be nice.
INiedrauer
Staff
Lawmacmoore said:

Needing the game tonight to escape from my family for a few hours before the holiday. Just hoping for a good game and bringing up a win tomorrow during dinner would be nice.
You're only here because Ryan mentioned beating Baylor.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
I think we should start a tradition of everyone sitting down on the couch after dinner and watching the big game. The big game being the replay of the last big Lumberjack win.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfa17
I believe that Nacluth believes. And shouldn't that be enough
TallTexan
I've been checking my clock all day to see if it's gametime. Technically, I work for myself so I can take off at anytime for Thanksgiving, but I really wish this was a day game to give me a good excuse.
nacluth
sfa17 said:

I believe that Nacluth believes. And shouldn't that enough
I completely agree.
fortWorthJack
I am just looking for improvement with not turning it over and executing Keller's offense at this point. We haven't done it well yet and Keller will be the first to point that out. If we can keep the turnovers < 20 we can compete. This Miss St. team is in their element when in the open court, so not being self-destructive would be effective.
BigJack85
The best I can do as far as belief is hope that we keep it respectable. If it's closer than 10 points that's a pretty solid game.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
I hope we go with the purple unis tonight instead of the black. Just a personal preference. I always feel like we play better in the purple.

I'd expect us to continue to try to force it down low early, see if we can get their bigs in foul trouble.
sfa17
One year makes a big difference. I remember that last year most of us picked SFA over Arkansas Utah Tulsa. And we all got burned. So this year everyone is more cautious
SFASawmillGuy
Now to just find a bar in Houston that will be showing the game....
nacluth
Got family stuff through first half...don't think I'm hiding because I'll be here in the second half helping neuter some bulldogs.
SFASawmillGuy
Found one!!!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Got family stuff through first half...don't think I'm hiding because I'll be here in the second half helping neuter some bulldogs.
So my brain didn't register this whole sentence at first and I was thinking that getting the family together to neuter some bulldogs is a really weird Thanksgiving tradition. A second read through was much more accurate.
nacluth
No you read it right the first time.

Ha, I've been waiting like you all day for this one to start, and now I got to wait till the second. Oh well. Axe 'em.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

So my brain didn't register this whole sentence at first and I was thinking that getting the family together to neuter some bulldogs is a really weird Thanksgiving tradition. A second read through was much more accurate.
Texan has become a real comedian lately. Two jokes in two days, and not too bad either. LOL!
PurpleForever
Something I would really like to see us get better at is seeing the open cutter and hitting him for the easy basket. In the Underwood era our teams got very good at getting a few of those wide open baskets a game. The first possession we had Gilmore slip a screen and was wide open in the paint but we just swung it instead.
INiedrauer
Staff
Jitters. We're fortunate those 3s aren't falling.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

MasterAxe
I'd rather them have to keep chucking long jumpers than pound us down low.

We've come to play early. Look good
TallTexan
Looked like a good block to me.
MasterAxe
MSU already in the bonus, not half way through 1st.

Mercy.
INiedrauer
Staff
MasterAxe said:

MSU already in the bonus, not half way through 1st.

Mercy.
If I"m MSU, I'm driving every possession now.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.