WBB WAC Tournament 22-23

10,609 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted earlier in this string about, not wanting to play CBU. Ugh.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Good thing is we're only down 16. Last time we were down 21 and made it a one possession game. Maybe this time, we'll win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The CBU coach said the exact same thing when interviewed after their win over SFA in Nac. "If we don't shoot it we'll turn it over, so we're just shooting it (the three)".
RedRiverLa
Not giving up, but going to be tough.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The CBU coach said the exact same thing when interviewed after their win over SFA in Nac. "If we don't shoot it we'll turn it over, so we're just shooting it (the three)".

You get one win, you get confidence that shows in games that are this important. CBU is confident, we have doubt. But we can still do this!
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
It doesn't appear that we made effective adjustments. Just adjustments.
nacluth
San Antonio with 4 fouls. Chip away.
BigJack85
About to be shooting 21%. Wahoo.
Ljacks&Longnecks
We can't buy a 3. Drive the lane and try and get them to foul. they have a couple in foul trouble
TallTexan
Gonna need to chip away and have our best 4th qtr of the season.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Deck a quick 5 points!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Gained some ground but still left points on the floor.
Missed layups and 1 foot shots have killed us.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Drive the lane!!!! Get fouls.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA shooting 28%. CBU 47%.
nacluth
Looking like a little too little too late.
nacluth
Jordan makes it an 8 point game 3:16 left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CBU hitting their 1 footers. We're missing ours.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Pressure getting to CBU....Need to keep hard attack up AND hit the dang shots.
nacluth
6 point game 2:20 left our ball.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ow, killer turnover by Jordan
Ljacks&Longnecks
All credit to CBU, they outplayed us and wanted it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks just got outplayed. That's all there is to it.
RedRiverLa
Well, didn't expect both our teams to go out like this. We'll get them next year. Sometimes you just get outplayed and have to credit the other team…twice.
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
The fatalistic nature of a one-bid league.

The regular season is virtually irrelevant.

That's a hell of a season from our women…one bad half did them in.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Don't care if I aggravate anyone or not BUT SFA missed more inside shots today than CBU made shots in the game. Yes Aiyana and Harden playing hurt and I think that showed today. That said, nobody was hitting the layups and of course our 3 pt shooting was bad today as well.
Extremely disappointing end to the WAC season.
Pilotgirl
Well, whatever negative things people want to say or type, you can't say we ever give up. Made it a game in that last qtr. Proud of our Ladyjacks and excited about next year. Like I said, we just lose one (a huge one) but have a young team and Zya's return. The future is Bright for Ladyjack Basketball! I hope yall get out and attend more WBB games and talk more WBB on the threads here on the Sawmill
Pilotgirl
I wonder if we get an at-large WNIT invite? And, if we do, do we accept? I hope we do so our young team gets more post conference experience.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree Master which is why I have never liked Conference Tourneys exactly because they can easily negate a great season.
Let's face it, these tourneys were invented by NCAA only to line NCAA pocket with more money.
Yes it may be fun sometimes to see an underdog make waves in the Big Dance but it's all $$$ related.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I'm pretty sure we should get the WNIT invite and in this case we should definitely take it. The Ladyjacks are better than today and deserve a chance to play.

It's the MBB that needs to stay home and go to work on next year.
RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I'm pretty sure we should get the WNIT invite and in this case we should definitely take it. The Ladyjacks are better than today and deserve a chance to play.

You take both if offered. WBB and MBB. We forget sometimes that these are student athletes, they deserve one more chance to wear the colors if given the chance. IMHO.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I wonder if we get an at-large WNIT invite? And, if we do, do we accept? I hope we do so our young team gets more post conference experience.

Of course they will and of course they should. There can't by ANY teams that will be in the WNIT that SFA can't go toe-to-toe with.

(If we can just learn to connect within 2 feet of the dadgum basket!)
nacluth
A stellar year for the Ladyjacks. I know that I want every season, but this one was really a transition year away from the Johnson/Visscher era to something new led by Harrison. Nugent and Brittingham with Nelson up close, Angel, Kyla, Tyler, Destiny, Avery out wide. I do not envy the rest of the WAC.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

A stellar year for the Ladyjacks. I know that I want every season, but this one was really a transition year away from the Johnson/Visscher era to something new led by Harrison. Nugent and Brittingham with Nelson up close, Angel, Kyla, Tyler, Destiny, Avery out wide. I do not envy the rest of the WAC.

The End of the Johnson era .....wasn't ready for that just yet. Let me give cry some more!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

It would be a real shock if we don't get a WNIT bid. That would be a very good opportunity for this young team.

We put in a bid to host.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

You take both if offered. WBB and MBB. We forget sometimes that these are student athletes, they deserve one more chance to wear the colors if given the chance. IMHO.
MBB gains nothing from any postseason, nor do they deserve one. I don't want to remember the CBI embarrassment last season. The guys didn't want to play and it showed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.