WBB WAC Tournament 22-23

10,040 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

I wonder if we get an at-large WNIT invite? And, if we do, do we accept? I hope we do so our young team gets more post conference experience.
It would be a real shock if we don't get a WNIT bid. That would be a very good opportunity for this young team.

We put in a bid to host.

Ready to pack my bags for Nac or Anywhere! Officially on Spring Break now
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

I wonder if we get an at-large WNIT invite? And, if we do, do we accept? I hope we do so our young team gets more post conference experience.
It would be a real shock if we don't get a WNIT bid. That would be a very good opportunity for this young team.

We put in a bid to host.

Ready to pack my bags for Nac or Anywhere! Officially on Spring Break now
See you in Nac …. hopefully.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I'm pretty sure we should get the WNIT invite and in this case we should definitely take it. The Ladyjacks are better than today and deserve a chance to play.

It's the MBB that needs to stay home and go to work on next year.

You take both if offered. WBB and MBB. We forget sometimes that these are student athletes, they deserve one more chance to wear the colors if given the chance. IMHO.
MBB gains nothing from any postseason, nor do they deserve one. I don't want to remember the CBI embarrassment last season. The guys didn't want to play and it showed.

I disagree 100%.

Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I'm pretty sure we should get the WNIT invite and in this case we should definitely take it. The Ladyjacks are better than today and deserve a chance to play.

It's the MBB that needs to stay home and go to work on next year.

You take both if offered. WBB and MBB. We forget sometimes that these are student athletes, they deserve one more chance to wear the colors if given the chance. IMHO.
MBB gains nothing from any postseason, nor do they deserve one. I don't want to remember the CBI embarrassment last season. The guys didn't want to play and it showed.

I disagree 100%.

I also disagree 100%.
TallTexan
If our seniors want to play and the team supports them in it, I'm all for MBB playing. If they're done, I'm fine with that too.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree with 76 here. Why on earth would we go to a 5th rate tourney that no one watches or cares about....especially when Nana is out, Day Day is hurt and wasn't himself in WAC tourney. Beaubrun didn't play the last 10 minutes or more of the game after limping off. Are we going to send a 7 player team somewhere?

I'm sure Ivey and Co will do whatever they are going to do regardless of anything said here. But if money is spent out of our "tight" athletic budget to go some unknown place and play in front of 50 people it will be money poorly spent. When the Bowling team wanted a few thousand dollars for some training equipment we heard "oh No the budget is too tight" . Just can't see any justifiable reason to extend the year or spend any $$ for a meaningless event.

Are the players even interested? It's been a long long season for these guys, they may be ready to kick back and enjoy some free time and recovery from months on the court. As pointed out, last season's trip to wherever didn't produce much and doesn't really amount to any great exposure or getting the SFA brand out there.

Let the coaching staff get on the road recruiting....there is a ton of work to be done if we are to get back in the saddle and be competitive next year.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Agree with 76 here. Why on earth would we go to a 5th rate tourney that no one watches or cares about....especially when Nana is out, Day Day is hurt and wasn't himself in WAC tourney. Beaubrun didn't play the last 10 minutes or more of the game after limping off. Are we going to send a 7 player team somewhere?

I'm sure Ivey and Co will do whatever they are going to do regardless of anything said here. But if money is spent out of our "tight" athletic budget to go some unknown place and play in front of 50 people it will be money poorly spent. When the Bowling team wanted a few thousand dollars for some training equipment we heard "oh No the budget is too tight" . Just can't see any justifiable reason to extend the year or spend any $$ for a meaningless event.

Are the players even interested? It's been a long long season for these guys, they may be ready to kick back and enjoy some free time and recovery from months on the court. As pointed out, last season's trip to wherever didn't produce much and doesn't really amount to any great exposure or getting the SFA brand out there.

Let the coaching staff get on the road recruiting....there is a ton of work to be done if we are to get back in the saddle and be competitive next year.
100% agree.
Pilotgirl
SUU to the NCAA tourney.

SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SUU to the NCAA tourney.

Solid team. Hung around to watch them against GCU. Strong inside game, with enough outside shooting. Decent defense. It will be interesting to see what seed they get.

nacluth
Southern Utah still has a NET in the 130's. Unfortunately probably a 14 seed when they probably deserve a 13.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Southern Utah still has a NET in the 130's. Unfortunately probably a 14 seed when they probably deserve a 13.

They've been projected as a 16 seed all year. They are much better than a 16 seed.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

100% agree.

64% agree.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

I see them getting a 14 seed as well. They are unknown, which goes against them.

GCU MBB will probably get a 14 seed too. So that seeding system really worked, huh?! Lol
BigJack85
Does Kursten Harden have 1 year of eligibility left?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

Yes...maybe even a Covid year, too
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

BigJack85 said:

So, Kellogg will have 2 scholarships available? I thought he had an open scholarship before Aiyana graduates.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA88
RedRiverLa said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

100% agree.

64% agree.
lol
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

BigJack85 said:

So, Kellogg will have 2 scholarships available? I thought he had an open scholarship before Aiyana graduates.

We currently have 11 players. After NaNa , that is 10 for next year.
Pilotgirl
That's if Kellogg stays. I'll worry about that after our season is truly over though!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

BigJack85 said:

We currently have 11 players. After NaNa , that is 10 for next year.
WBB has a scholarship limit of 15. Kellogg prefers to be around 13 because of playing time. We signed two good guards in the early signing period which gets us to 12. Need another big to fill the spot left by Aiyana.

Of course, if anybody leaves, that's another hole to fill. So far, they all seem to be solid. Subject to change.
nacluth
nacluth said:

And they get the 14 seed against Notre Dame.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.