WBB WAC Tournament 22-23

10,355 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since I am thinking about it, went ahead and started a thread for the Women's side of the tournament.

March Madness came in like a storm yesterday (figuratively and literally)! Are yall ready??!!

Final rankings released at noon!
Pilotgirl
Here we go! We will play the winner of ACU/SAM
BigJack85
Let's do it !
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Personally I think we match up better with Sam Houston, but you got to beat everyone eventually.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Personally I think we match up better with Sam Houston, but you got to beat everyone eventually.

Yeah, I want to play SAM again.
nacluth
Lumberjacks play Tuesday night at 10pm central and the Ladyjacks play at 2 pm Wednesday.
Pilotgirl
First game of interest to us is ACU vs SAM at 2 pm today....Let's go Bearkats! LOL
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

First game of interest to us is ACU vs SAM at 2 pm today....Let's go Bearkats! LOL

Sam and Acu have split their wins this season. SAM won 69 to 66 in early January; ACU won 74 to 68 on Feb 28th. ACU started playing better midway through the season. I predict ACU will win but I would rather play Sam again. I think it will be a close game (5 to 7 points).
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Bite your tongue, Pilot!
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Bite your tongue, Pilot!

Haha
Pilotgirl
ACU up 21 to 11 after the 1st. Slow start for kittykats. ACU is hustling...let's see if they can keep it up all 4 qtrs.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

ACU up 21 to 11 after the 1st. Slow start for kittykats. ACU is hustling...let's see if they can keep it up all 4 qtrs.

ACU leads by 8 to open up the 3rd. Wildcats definitely lost some steam during the 2nd and Bearkats went on a little run. Langstaff on ACU is having a string game.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

ACU leads by 8 to open up the 3rd. Wildcats definitely lost some steam during the 2nd and Bearkats went on a little run. Langstaff on ACU is having a string game.

Acu is up by 10 to start the 4th. Sam doesn't know how to guard Langstaff. If you get the ball to Batista, she will score or draw a foul....don't know why the Kats aren't doing that consistently.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Acu is up by 10 to start the 4th. Sam doesn't know how to guard Langstaff. If you get the ball to Batista, she will score or draw a foul....don't know why the Kats aren't doing that consistently.

ACU up by 2 pts...36 seconds left!
SFAJack_76
Wow …
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech pulled it out at the end! Scored 32 points in the 4th quarter.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

ACU up by 2 pts...36 seconds left!

SAM wins by 1 point...Miller misses a FT, Sam gets a basket plus draws the foul....WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS!
Pilotgirl
SFA vs SHSU Round 3 on Wednesday!
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Will we have both Aiyana and Kursten available?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

A little bird told me "Yes".
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Yes...both will be available. As the twitter post alluded to for Aiyana's WAC awards, she is not done yet!! I can share that she was cleared by doctors and the trainers!
Pilotgirl
#12 UVU vs #5 Utah Tech is next up!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Difference of 1 pt at end of 1st. Now UVU is up 4 at the first timeout of 2nd. Close game!!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Difference of 1 pt at end of 1st. Now UVU is up 4 at the first timeout of 2nd. Close game!!

UVU up 41 to 36 over Utah Tech. UVU is 3-15 in conference play.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

End of 3rd, Utah Tech by ONE point!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

End of 3rd, Utah Tech by ONE point!
Utah Tech survives the scare and wins by 4. They will next play CBU on Wednesday.
Pilotgirl
NMSU vs UTRGV at 8 pm ....let's see if UTRGV can shoot lights out and pull the upset.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

NMSU vs UTRGV at 8 pm ....let's see if UTRGV can shoot lights out and pull the upset.

nmsu leads 22 to 18 at start of 2nd. Utrgv hitting those 3s and nmsu hitting the midranges.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

nmsu leads 22 to 18 at start of 2nd. Utrgv hitting those 3s and nmsu hitting the midranges.

NMSU up 36 to 25. No answer for Molly Kiser.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

NMSU a bit slow to start the 3rd, but still up 52 to 40 to start the 4th. I would expect nothing else as UTRGV's game plan is "shot as many 3s as you can and hope some go in". UTRGV can pay me 100k a year to keep that game plan going!!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

NMSU a bit slow to start the 3rd, but still up 52 to 40 to start the 4th. I would expect nothing else as UTRGV's game plan is "shot as many 3s as you can and hope some go in". UTRGV can pay me 100k a year to keep that game plan going!!

NMSU dominates and wins 65 to 49 over UTRGV.

Final game up next: UTA vs Seattle!
Pilotgirl
All tied up at 14 after the 1st.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

SU is pesky and hanging around with the POTY and UTA, who lead only by 6 at the half, 39-33.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

SU is pesky and hanging around with the POTY and UTA, who lead only by 6 at the half, 39-33.

UTA extends their lead to 10, due to a late run in the 3rd qtr.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

UTA extends their lead to 10, due to a late run in the 3rd qtr.

Seattle up by 1...54 seconds left

Tied at 76 with 43 seconds left.

Seattle by 2 with 34 seconds left.

Tied at 78. Seattle has possession. 28 seconds left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.