SFA / Alabama

27,905 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad you got to attend. Agree that the goal now is the SLC tournament and at least seeding. I think we should get the regular season title, but I still feel our schedule conspires against us. We should be favored in every game (except maybe away at Sam). I've written somewhere else about how Nicholls still has the easiest SLC schedule as far as competition and travel.

But, we handle our own business. We've got the goods. Now we just need to deliver - starting with crushing a bad UL-Monroe team this weekend at home.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Glad you got to attend. Agree that the goal now is the SLC tournament and at least seeding. I think we should get the regular season title, but I still feel our schedule conspires against us. We should be favored in every game (except maybe away at Sam). I've written somewhere else about how Nicholls still has the easiest SLC schedule as far as competition and travel.

But, we handle our own business. We've got the goods. Now we just need to deliver - starting with crushing a bad UL-Monroe team this weekend at home.

Yes. Crush ULM. Their AD is a friend of mine and we've got a Diet Coke on the game and bragging rights. I think for those reasons, this, arguably, is the biggest game on our 2019/20 schedule.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
Assuming we beat UL-M, at the beginning of the year we all would have taken an 8-2 OOC in a heartbeat.

Let's face it, realistically we have faced the toughest teams we will see all year.

Yes, Nicholls is pretty good and there will be a few others, but through 9 games, I'd consider us the clear favorite.

I think a 16-4 type SLC run is totally doable, based on how we have preformed so far.

TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Yes. Crush ULM. Their AD is a friend of mine and we've got a Diet Coke on the game and bragging rights. I think for those reasons, this, arguably, is the biggest game on our 2019/20 schedule.
Make him wear an SFA tshirt when you collect your winnings.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Make him wear an SFA tshirt when you collect your winnings.

Didn't go that far as I would have had to wear theirs last year and ULM merch burns my skin.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

. Now we just need to deliver - starting with crushing a bad UL-Monroe team this weekend at home.

After yesterday's Houston Texans game I will take nothing for granted. Virtually EVERY Houston area sportswriter said that would be a blowout -- 8-4 Houston vs. 4-8 Denver. Turns out, they were right, but in the wrong direction.

ULM is not all that bad. They are 4-2 and came within six of A&M at College Station (although A&M is weak this year). To use a tired expression, the Jacks need to take things one game at a time.
corleycl
What is going on with Kharee McDaniel? His twitter feed appears he's not real happy. Hate to see that. Hope things are ok with him.
TallTexan
corleycl said:

What is going on with Kharee McDaniel? His twitter feed appears he's not real happy. Hate to see that. Hope things are ok with him.

Unless I'm missing something, his Twitter actually seems pretty positive. Retweeting people telling him to trust the process, that he's gonna be great at SFA, retweeting pics of him with his brother at WRJ. I only went back to the start of December, but doesn't seem like anything that would be cause for any concern.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

. Now we just need to deliver - starting with crushing a bad UL-Monroe team this weekend at home.

After yesterday's Houston Texans game I will take nothing for granted. Virtually EVERY Houston area sportswriter said that would be a blowout -- 8-4 Houston vs. 4-8 Denver. Turns out, they were right, but in the wrong direction.

ULM is not all that bad. They are 4-2 and came within six of A&M at College Station (although A&M is weak this year). To use a tired expression, the Jacks need to take things one game at a time.

That game was brutal. I cried. Texans are way better than that!
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Sorry for your Texans, but as a Saints fan, you're still not even close to the level of anguish that's available to feel with an NFL team.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Sorry for your Texans, but as a Saints fan, you're still not even close to the level of anguish that's available to feel with an NFL team.

Don't want to continue to get too far off the topic of this thread, but I'm really not much of a Texans fan. I want them to win, but if they don't I don't really care. Basically, I hate the entire NFL. They turned me off a few years ago with their hate-America crapola. It's college and high school sports for me!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.