SFA / Sam Houston (2)

30,969 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

Oddyst at the 2 with Comeaux coming off the bench as a back up point.

I don't see Walker ever starting at SFA. I've seen nothing exceptional about him. Pretty good minutes-eater off the bench, but not a starter.
Aaron didn't look like a starter after his freshman year. Oddest has made good strides after one year. A lot of it depends how hard he works and how bad he wants it.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

I don't see Walker ever starting at SFA. I've seen nothing exceptional about him. Pretty good minutes-eater off the bench, but not a starter.
You do know he is a freshman, right?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

Usually that sophomore year is when you see the biggest jump/fit. I'm not saying he's a superstar but we would benefit from having a good role player at the two if we get Kevon more into the flow of the game.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
True about Aaron....could prove true about Walker. At least he appeared to want to be on the court those last few games. Hard work and determination would be his key.
cboothe09
He reminds me A LOT of Aaron his freshman year
Pilotgirl
I think Walker is HUNGRY and will put in the work.
BigJack85
If you look at the SLC tournament contenders most of the teams don't have a glaring weakness. Southeastern comes to mind. Other than Veal there not spectacular. But .... they play together and aren't BAD in any one area.

We probably have almost equal talent even with the injuries but just have not gelled. That's what a good point guard can do.
Jacks4460
I think Walker is hungry.. He also looked like he had a little dog in him too... I feel he improved the whole year...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Looks like I riled up a sleeping Oddyst Walker fan base. But I stand by what I said. Hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Looks like I riled up a sleeping Oddyst Walker fan base. But I stand by what I said. Hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.

I'm screenshoting this post to refer to in exactly one year....
BigJack85
Maybe not a fan club but I do see a little of that "quiet confidence" that we witnessed in one Thomas Walkup. I don't think Walkup really showed the promise that ultimately made him a conference mvp until his sophomore year. If Oddyst makes that 30% acceleration that Walkup showed he will be what I have hoped.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

cboothe09 said:

Shaka may be available...
I think he is still recovering from Desmond's 4 point play
We ruined Shaka Smart.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

You're just getting everyone riled up so that they don't notice that you swapped out the all expenses paid cruise for $10+ dollars of cheesy crap as the PickEm prize.
RedRiverLa
cboothe09 said:

Will Wade is another guy that will be looking for a job in a month...

Personally I don't think Keller will be fired, and while i have waivered back and forth depending on my mood, i think he does deserve one more year. Only time to cut bait after 3 is if things were consistently bad. Next year is put up or shut up.
Whoever hires Will Wade, is an idiot, you might as well add another room in the arena for the FBI. I agree on Keller and another year.

Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

cboothe09 said:

Personally I don't think Keller will be fired, and while i have waivered back and forth depending on my mood, i think he does deserve one more year. Only time to cut bait after 3 is if things were consistently bad. Next year is put up or shut up.
Whoever hires Will Wade, is an idiot, you might as well add another room in the arena for the FBI. I agree on Keller and another year.

Well hold up now, how many FBI officers are we talking?

Do they know count towards overall attendance? Do they know any cheers? Can they get the student section off their butts when we need to rally?

Might be some advantages to having some basketball loving law enforcement getting the crowd riled up
RedRiverLa
So for those who are calling or have called for Keller to be fired, I have a question just out of curiosity - no point trying to be made or wrong answer.

In three years Keller is 18-15, 28-7, 14-16 with a conference championship and a NCAA tournament birth. Underwood is a great coach IMHO, all deserved, but at Illinois he is 14-18 (4-14 conference), and 11-19 (7-12 conference). A huge majority of the fan base is calling for his job. For those of you that want Keller fired now, applying the same reasoning, would you also want Underwood fired at Illinois if you were a fan of that team? (0 winning seasons, 0 titles, 0 NCAA, #13 seed in Big 10 tournament and one and done last year) or does he deserve 4 years so the culture and players are all his? Illinois had a winning season 8 of the 9 years prior to Underwood's hiring. They were 20-15 in 2017, the year before he got there.
Lumberjack Battalion
sfajack05
Keller will get at least one more year unless he leaves for another job (don't see that happening but you never know).

My problem with him is that he never seems to make adjustments and just throws lineups out there with the hope that it works. I think the leadership of the players from last year is what carried that team. Playing Shannon at the point all season put everything out of whack. Lots of standing around and hero ball. Didn't really give any other players a chance to run the point. Just give it to Shannon and Harris seemed to be the philosophy this year.

But whatever. The season is over. Hopefully this dumpster fire doesn't continue to burn into next season.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

cboothe09 said:

Well hold up now, how many FBI officers are we talking?

Do they know count towards overall attendance? Do they know any cheers? Can they get the student section off their butts when we need to rally?

Might be some advantages to having some basketball loving law enforcement getting the crowd riled up

I'm sure we will get an answer to all those questions once they've review the Sawmill transcript.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm screenshoting this post to refer to in exactly one year....

Go for it, Pilot. I'll be the first (and probably not the only) one to admit that I was dead wrong about him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

You're just getting everyone riled up so that they don't notice that you swapped out the all expenses paid cruise for $10+ dollars of cheesy crap as the PickEm prize.

When I was in Nac this weekend I bought the SFA cheesy crap prizes for the contest winners, and believe me, I spent well north of $10+.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.