SFA / Sam Houston

34,164 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
millenniumkat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you are asking me to apologize for Hooten then you are talking to the wrong guy. I'm not a supporter. And we aren't talking about the mediocre SHSU MBB program. I know that is the case. we are talking about Keller's current dismantling of the premier SLC MBB program. that's the issue.
No-look
BigJack85 said:

Millennium,

You can go back to Katfans anytime...
Not so sure he's a Kats fan......
BigJack85
Is it gazette?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Is it gazette?

That guy is off the charts..
No-look
BigJack85 said:

Is it gazette?
Let's see if he starts praising Kasper. Lol
CertifiedAxeman98
millenniumkat said:

If you are asking me to apologize for Hooten then you are talking to the wrong guy. I'm not a supporter. And we aren't talking about the mediocre SHSU MBB program. I know that is the case. we are talking about Keller's current dismantling of the premier SLC MBB program. that's the issue.
One season is just that one season. When you lose 2 starters for the season at point and at forward (I don't count the couple of games Augustin played and Holyfield could have been the SLC player of the year this year or at least the all-time scorer at SFA). Then have half the rest of your team out sick or hurt at least part of the season and resort to playing walk-ons and freshman you are going to be up and down. Keller brought in Bogues and Harris and others that have contributed to the team that a year ago was in the NCAA tournament and had the lead most of the game with Texas Tech (elite 8 team).

I don't understand how Keller has dismantled the SFA MBB program. He has done well recruiting (Harris, Bogues and several others that contributed last year and this year. Underwood didn't leave the team stacked at all when he walked out the door with Walkup. There was a rebuild that needed to happen. In year 2 of the rebuild he was back in the NCAA. There have been a few recruits that have not worked out and that happens look at the number of transfers each year. All coaches have up and down years unless you are at a blue blood school.

I hate seeing all the open 3's and backdoor cuts that has driven me nuts this year. When you must play a lot of help defense since you don't have the guard play you expected you are going to give those up more than you would like. Last year we were the steal leader in D1, but without the guards and playing 3 sometime 4 big men at times is tough. The turnovers on miscommunications between guys that have not played much together is happening too much but hopefully gets better with more time. The starting lineup has changed at least 8 times if not more this year along with significant changes in who is available on the bench.

I will take the below for the first 2 years and live with a down year this year knowing what is coming in the door next year.

Stephen F. Austin
T2nd
CIT First Round

Stephen F. Austin
3rd
NCAA First Round

I'm 100% behind Keller. One down year is far from dismantling SFA especially after the above first 2 years of a rebuild. Look at the team that was on the court against Texas Tech. It was mostly Keller guys with a few exceptions (Holyfield, Charles). Please do some research before saying Keller is dismantling SFA. We may be hard on our team on this site at times but that is because we want and expect the best but dismantling? Come on.
CertifiedAxeman98
Sam and other SLC fans want Keller to go. Name another current SLC coach who can recruit like Keller.
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Sam and other SLC fans want Keller to go. Name another current SLC coach who can recruit like Keller.

Wade Mason.
CertifiedAxeman98
He is a very good recruiter.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well said Certified....well said.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Wade Mason.

Matter of fact Mason is the best recruiter we got..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.