SFA / Sam Houston

34,638 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

My hope is by the end of February we start "looking" like a real team. Until then my expectations are that we finish 7th or at best 6th in the league. We are just middle of the road SLC. That's F'ing sad.
Yep. It pains me to say that the best we will do is make the SLC tourney and win a game or two.
TallTexan
What was Keller fired up about?
nacluth
No 21 point Miracle at Huntsville? Put Jock in and you'll see something magical on that broken hand.
TallTexan
This conference is trash.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech has been uncanny from three. A recurring theme this year against us.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

What was Keller fired up about?

I dunno...John mouthed bull**** and got a tech
RedRiverLa
Every team/program has an unexpected year like this, hard knocks, not the team we planned to put on the floor. I have no panic button to this program or with Keller, far from it. Hey Miami beat New England this year in the NFL, and where is Miami in the long run? This year is just the 'Miami game' year. I'm going to enjoy every WRJ game remaining and looking forward to being back at the top next season.
nacluth
Anyone think that Hooten is now running Underwood's offense? Sure looks similar and not like their past offense.

How bout Gru?
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Every team/program has an unexpected year like this, hard knocks, not the team we planned to put on the floor. I have no panic button to this program or with Keller, far from it. Hey Miami beat New England this year in the NFL, and where is Miami in the long run? This year is just the 'Miami game' year. I'm going to enjoy every WRJ game remaining and looking forward to being back at the top next season.

This and I'll still be at every game i can...even tho people left here 20 minutes ago.
BigJack85
I'm praying with you. LOL.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Every team/program has an unexpected year like this, hard knocks, not the team we planned to put on the floor.
Yeah. one of the Louisiana teams (I can't remember which one) had the same thing happen to them last year. Injuries, shootings...
BigJack85
Just a beat down........
djsfw57
Watching the Jacks tonight reminds me of when I get up to pee in the middle of the night without turning on the light so I don't wake up. I hit everything but the toilet.
nacluth
That was a drubbing.
PurpleOut
Staff
We haven't lost in Huntsville since the 2009-2010 season.

They are 8th in the league in scoring and we let them almost get to 100.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

We haven't lost in Huntsville since the 2009-2010 season.

They are 8th in the league in scoring and we let them almost get to 100.

I guess they gotta win one every decade or so.
SFAXE93
No we lost in Huntsville during the 2016-17 season 63-72
BigJack85
A few more of those type games and I'm really going to start to wonder. I mean right now I'm concerned but a couple more of those waxing'sand I'll be closely looking for signs of a foundation for a full rebound.
SFAXE93
Meanwhile Baylor is in first place in the Big 12. Go figure!
MasterAxe
(Pee break #2, this one for kid.)

Silver longing (if any)

UCA and TAMU-CC both loss. They were both right there with us in standings.

Meanwhile, SEla getting hot, starting to really play well.
No-look
Sams shooting put us away early. First half over 70% from three and 69% overall in first half. Everything went their way. I think we outscored them in second half? They killed us on the boards and we left the back door open to often. Our depth is really hurting us. Coaching staff really needs to be locking in on a Big and a couple point guards for next year. TJ wouldn't have allowed that inside dominance like tonight.... Let's go and win the next one.
TallTexan
So here's the upside. We're still Lumberjacks, and they're still Sam.

And that's a life win I'll take any day.
sfajack05
Keller has looked lost the entire season. I don't think he has improved since taking over.
Pilotgirl
Poppin in the thread one more time untul I go eat all my feelings (I've got Five Guys so that will be easy) to remind all about the Following:
-Our ladies are 8-0 in conference and still on top!
-John plays in the friggin SuperBowl tomorrow & has an opportunity to sack Tom Brady IN the SUPERBOWL during his ROOKIE year. Ahhhhhh...now that is niiiiiice!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Poppin in the thread one more time untul I go eat all my feelings (I've got Five Guys so that will be easy) to remind all about the Following:
-Our ladies are 8-0 in conference and still on top!
-John plays in the friggin SuperBowl tomorrow & has an opportunity to sack Tom Brady IN the SUPERBOWL during his ROOKIE year. Ahhhhhh...now that is niiiiiice!
Thanks, Pilot. I needed that.
RedRiverLa
This might be an omen that the football score will flip this year. Going to go ahead and bank on that.
cboothe09
In a sad twist of fate, the cat we just bought our kids (Happens to be orange), peed in my bed...fml
nacluth
Ok, I don't have anything to say that will make that any better. We got taken to the woodshed - worst loss to Sam in 40 years. Really some unbelievable numbers from the first half. It's bad when you "win" the second half and still lose by 22.

Our stats said we played a decent game. 42% shooting, 35% from three, 11 turnovers. Outrebounded by 20 though.

Kevon was the biggest difference. His 3 quick fouls in the first were bizarre (0 second half). When you're as thin as we are, it hurt bad. Sam was playing lights out, but his absence made a tough game ugly.

Sam's motion offense ate us up. I don't know what we scouted, but it wasn't that. This was clearly the best Sam team I've seen (girls too for that matter), but they're not great. We were slow (not you Nate...you were everywhere). Probably Bogues' worst defense of the year and Samuli dragged all game.

Sam hit everything and got incredibly favorable bounces in the first half. No excuse. Sometimes everything just goes right. In the second half in mop up time, one of their players was falling out of bounds and throws it cross court to a teammate who was not looking. It hits that guy's foot bounces to a third Sam's players hand. It should have been two turnovers, but it was none - it was just typical for the game.

No rest for the weary. 10 games left before Katy. We are not catching Sam. We are now playing for seeding, but this was a blow. We have two SLC bottom dwellers this week (one a revenge match against Lamar). Can we handle business after this? I guess we'll know in a week.
Jacks4460
I hate to be a negative nanny and you guys know me I am Mr postitive and such... I think we are really in trouble after tonight... Kids are ready for the season to be over with... thats just the feeling I get and I hate saying it.. I bet we have 8-9 new players next year... I really hope I am wrong..
SFASawmillGuy
This is a bad season due to injuries. Not a reflection to our program or coaches.

We're gonna remain solid. No doubt. We weren't "exposed" this year. We were just in a bad spot due to the injuries. The same spot football has been for the past few seasons. We were good enough to make a run, but the injured screwed us.
PurpleOut
Staff
We may be playing two bottom dwellers based on record, but we're right there in terms of play.

Think about this. If it wasn't for a rare and ridiculous comeback against ACU, and then a missed wide open put back from UCA....we'd be 2-6 and in 12th place.

I apologize for being negative because I hate this more than anyone. But there's no way a team with Bogues and Harris should be this poor. The injuries suck and put us in a bad spot from the start. But we're really in a battle to just make the conference tournament this year, we have to accept that right now.
TallTexan
Step 1, make conference tourney.

Step 2, make sure if it's not us, that anybody but Sam makes the NCAA tourney. It'd be just our luck that they'd get the favorable draw that we never do and go on to win a game or two.

Step 3: Make sure it is us. We may not be a deep team, but Kevon and Bogues are the two best players in this conference.
RedRiverLa
Accepted. On the flip if it hadn't been for a Bogues airball and an over the back tip against NSU, we'd have another conference win. It's basketball and it is what it is, even with the onslaught of injuries we haven't recovered like we all thought we would. Which for me, was realistically just to be able to remain in the top 1/2 of the standings. We've been pretty lucky as a program that we haven't had to face this amount of setbacks in a season. No excuses, just valid reasons we are where we are this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

I bet we have 8-9 new players next year...
Well, we'll certainly have several scholarships available to hand out. And IMO most, if not all, of them will need to go to JUCO's and grad transfers, not high schoolers, in order to quickly right this ship.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

In a sad twist of fate, the cat we just bought our kids (Happens to be orange), peed in my bed...fml

That certainly put the "icing" on the Prison Tech cake, didn't it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.