SFA / Sam Houston

34,626 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

Who's still on the Keller train?

Still here, and will be cheering from the front.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Me.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

What an effort.

By that, I mean piss poor one.

But hey, let's complain about the refs and the announcers. That's easy.

Nobody said we're playing great. Probably still a 10-15 point lead because they've made everything and we've played bad.

Doesn't mean these refs aren't trash. Kevon's barely seen the floor since Wednesday.

And the tech on Sam was brutal. Bad all around, not just us.
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

My position on KK will not change.

Phenomenal recruiter. Great guy. Piss-poor game plan and in-game manager.
BigJack85
Keller doesn't have any answers today and probably wont have any in March.... remember this team was going to be hell to deal with in February? Ha.... Sammie has taken some beatings from us over the past 10 years I can only think of one that fits in this category. When we beat them at home in 2016.

Earlier someone said that dealing with injuries was one of Keller's deficiencies. I'd agree. I hope that most of this is not Keller forgetting how to coach but instead is simply a case of having only 8 scholarship players. I must say I just didn't think we'd be this poor even with the losses. I predicted a loss. I certainly didn't see Keller being taken to the woodshed.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
BigJack85 said:

. Me
BigJack85
I respect and applaud your optimistic/forward leaning attitude!

Axe 'Em Jacks!
No-look
Before that last three announcer said Sam was 70%from behind the arc.
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

Keller doesn't have any answers today and probably wont have any in March.... remember this team was going to be hell to deal with in February? Ha.... Sammie has taken some beatings from us over the past 10 years I can only think of one that fits in this category. When we beat them at home in 2016.

Earlier someone said that dealing with injuries was one of Keller's deficiencies. I'd agree. I hope that most of this is not Keller forgetting how to coach but instead is simply a case of having only 8 scholarship players. I must say I just didn't think we'd be this poor even with the losses. I predicted a loss. I certainly didn't see Keller being taken to the woodshed.

Well said. The way this season has progressed, we were bound to get blasted by someone.

I just hurts more cause it's "them."
BigJack85
I respect and applaud your optimistic/forward leaning attitude.

Axe 'Em Jacks!
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

What an effort.

By that, I mean piss poor one.

But hey, let's complain about the refs and the announcers. That's easy.

Nobody said we're playing great. Probably still a 10-15 point lead because they've made everything and we've played bad.

Doesn't mean these refs aren't trash. Kevon's barely seen the floor since Wednesday.

And the tech on Sam was brutal. Bad all around, not just us.

Oh it's definitely the worst refs in the SLC, but we got the bad end of it in the first half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
When we're having to rely on three freshmen for major minutes tonight, only one of whom we thought would see the floor much this year, that speaks volumes of what Keller has to work with right now. He deserves some of the blame, but only a small percentage of it.

Prison Tech is playing extremely well tonight. Admit it. They're a better team than us because they have better and deeper personnel right now than us. And it kills me (a Prison Tech HATER), to say that.
TallTexan
My aunt is a professor at Sam, who runs the Houstonian. I'm helping her with Tech support so she can tweet about the game.

In 5 minutes or so, with a little luck, I'm gonna be running the Houstonian twitter account.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

BigJack85 said:

My position on KK will not change.

Phenomenal recruiter. Great guy. Piss-poor game plan and in-game manager.

For the record my opinions align closely with yours. I also believe we have such advantages in facilities, fan base and tradition.... that ultimately should give us a buffer against these cataclysmic collapses.
nacluth
Under 20. Now go to 15.
MasterAxe
Movie night with the wife and kid.

Hope something changes when I log back on.

For now..."Incredibles 2."

Axe'em!
sfa17
at least my pick em is looking good.
nacluth
Out rebounded 28-13 right now
cboothe09
Watching Solo...Any good?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech bench outscoring ours 27-8.
CertifiedAxeman98
Not sure there is an answer this year with only 8 scholarship guys. You don't have your starting point guard or starting Forward who was on his way to be the all time scoring leader at the school. So expections we're reduced for me this year. But Defense is all about positioning and hustle. And leaving your guy wide open for a 3 or allowing a guy To cut to be basketball without anyone taking him? I expected a close game tonight but the way Sam has been able to just walk down the court and score this is frustrating to watch.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Announcers just admitted that SFA has trouble having enough players to practice 5 on 5. But that's Keller's fault, right?
nacluth
Winning this half.
MasterAxe
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Announcers just admitted that SFA has trouble having enough players to practice 5 on 5. But that's Keller's fault, right?

(Wife on pee break already)

Not all his fault. His job, though, is to put a competitive team on the court. For the most part, he has. But, tonight, everyone looks overwhelmed. Coaches and players.

He brought a lot of unneeded pressure on him and the team when he was constantly saying "we'll be dangerous in March." If he's gonna say it, he should be held to it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe said:

Not all his fault. His job, though, is to put a competitive team on the court. For the most part, he has. But, tonight, everyone looks overwhelmed. Coaches and players.

On that, I agree.
BigJack85
To me most of this is not that we get beat it just seems like we start off sooooo slow and end up having to play from behind almost every game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Nice to have Kevon on the court again. What a difference!
nacluth
nacluth said:

Winning this half.
Nevermind.
nacluth
I don't know how many years you have to go to find a 58 point half or to be schooled by Sam so bad.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We've drummed them like this before. As they say, paybacks are... well... they hurt like Hell.
No-look
Jacks in desperate need of a point guard. Hopefully we cure that next year.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I don't know how many years you have to go to find a 58 point half or to be schooled by Sam so bad.

I'd bet atleast two decades.
BigJack85
My hope is by the end of February we start "looking" like a real team. Until then my expectations are that we finish 7th or at best 6th in the league. We are just middle of the road SLC. That's F'ing sad.
BigJack85
Only once I can recall in the Danny Kaspar era. Never with Brad. So at least 10-12 years. It was early on with Danny that he had a boner against Sam. Other than that "one off" Danny and Bob Marlin always had close games.
nacluth
15 point game 6:16.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.