SFA / Louisiana Tech

27,490 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RedRiverLa said:

Last thing on the refs. And I'll just leave this here...the ref two feet away called a charging foul on tech around the baseline. The ref on the other side of the court, blocked by two players (beacause we had the same sight line) runs in and reverses the call.

Yup. That was some more BS. I remember that call very well.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

Did Jock foul out? I thought I saw that on the box score, which surprised me, because I don't remember him being in that long to have so many fouls.

Seemed to me he kept getting called for being in between LA Tech and the rim, including on what should have been atleast a blocked shot or two. If so, I'll take that.
Actually, we "only" had four foul out. Nicholas had four fouls in 13 minutes, so it fealt like he fouled out. Hughes was on the floor for 21 largely ineffective minutes, which is why folks don't recall him playing much.

Walker had a good look at the three to send it into a second OT. It was on line, but about four inches short. The LaTech guy with the dunk, rather than running the clock out, would have looked really bad. Walker was playing hurt also.

Those refs need to not be invited back to Nacogdoches. Horribly inconsistent.

What is wrong with O?? He has proven that he can come in clutch, when it matters! I think he will develop into a goid player for SFA.
SFAJack_76
Busted lip in practice this week. Probably not a big impact, but I thought it was bothering him.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Last thing on the refs. And I'll just leave this here...the ref two feet away called a charging foul on tech around the baseline. The ref on the other side of the court, blocked by two players (beacause we had the same sight line) runs in and reverses the call.
If this is the play I think it is, our guy was inside the restricted area arc where there cannot be a charge call. That would be why the first refs call was reversed.
not sure, the one I'm thinking about though, took place just outside the key. At least from our vantage point and something the outside ref would not be able to tell. Oh well
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Positive note. Just left Walmart and the entire team was there in their warmups having a good time. Community chemistry looks real good.
Lumberjack Battalion
No-look
Couldn't figure out why we never went Jock in the corner. Don't think he attempted a three. Maybe What we were doing was working with Fitzgerald and Shannon.
PurpleOut
Staff
RedRiverLa said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

If this is the play I think it is, our guy was inside the restricted area arc where there cannot be a charge call. That would be why the first refs call was reversed.
not sure, the one I'm thinking about though, took place just outside the key. At least from our vantage point and something the outside ref would not be able to tell. Oh well

Two different plays. The first one was baffling to to me because I thought it was a clear foul on us (Bain), but the guy closest called the charge then the guy on the other side changes. It's not that the other guy had to make the call, it's that the guy closest to the play cannot make the correct call to begin with.

The second one was on Jock, replay looked like he was clearly outside the restricted area. We got almost no 50/50 calls.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Two different plays. The first one was baffling to to me because I thought it was a clear foul on us (Bain), but the guy closest called the charge then the guy on the other side changes. It's not that the other guy had to make the call, it's that the guy closest to the play cannot make the correct call to begin with.

The second one was on Jock, replay looked like he was clearly outside the restricted area. We got almost no 50/50 calls.
I saw both the same way you did.
PurpleForever
The one thing that kills me with Jock is that he never catches the ball ready to shoot. Every time he catches the ball i would want to see him have his feet pointed to the rim and ready to shoot. This is probably due to him being a freshman and lacking the confidence, but shooters have to shoot.
migata33
It is nice to have depth and it does eliminate the need for logging a lot of minutes but these guys are athletes and they work out and if a basketball player cannot go 40 minutes with a time out every 6 for tv and general requirements then they probably shouldn't be suiting up. The reason the offense flowed tonight is because our offensive assets had it the most and played alpha dog roles. Not to take anything away from those that were out last night(except AA) but what are they really but fillers and fluff. We put up over 90 points which is 28 more than our average and why? Shannon played like he should and Kavon drove to the hole and Fitzgerald seem healthy and played without limitations. Our freshman who are really talented and some of the best we have ever had recruited got long stints in the game against a D1 opponent and worked on flow and for better and worse found out a lot about themselves.

Fouling was atrocious last night and yes the refs blew but there were a ton of real stupid fouls as well that will work their way out once experience is had and they understand the difference between high school and college. I want to see SFA limit their bench going forward once the injured start returning and develop a 8 or 9 man rotation and stick to it. There is some dead weight and we know who they are and I don't care if they are juniors and seniors but keep their ass on the bench.

That was one of my favorite games they have played ever as it showed me and I hope the coaches what the blueprint going forward should be.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

I saw both the same way you did.

A charge call has so many variables of
Judgement besides just both feet planted. IMHO The rarity of changing such a judgement call from across the floor is what was egregious. There was no absolute on it
not being a charge. No 50/50 is right. They strip under the basket, no call. We block all ball no body contact, call.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
So, did I miss an update? Did we find out where Gru was?
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

In his dorm room recovering from a concussion he got in practice.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Sat courtside last night (probably not good for the refs) and thought it was an awesome crowd. I know several people that were out of town that had tickets and couldn't make it. So kudos to everyone that braved the weather. The students and Purple Haze especially deserve a shout out. Their section was full and spilled over to behind the basket, hope we can continue to grow that.

I was thinking last night that next season I'm going to have to move up several rows on my season tickets. It was like the refs couldn't even hear me from my seats.
it wouldn't matter, in addition to being blind, they were also deaf.
We need an eye doctor and ENT for sponsors.
TallTexan
This is just a bit of me daydreaming from last night, but after watching Fitz put up points like that, I keep imagining what an Aaron/Bogues/Kevon/Fitz/TJ lineup would have looked like in March. Man, that would have been fun to watch.

Still hoping we get to see an Aaron/Kevon/TJ lineup next season.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

In his dorm room recovering from a concussion he got in practice.

Thanks!
Lumberjack Battalion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.