Looking ahead to next season

16,561 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Both of the Carthels are widely respected and liked throughout the coaching ranks. We have multiple assistants that are getting very good jobs with excellent salary increases. We have a chance to have an outstanding 2022 season. I expect the quality of our new hires to be very good. Our salary range is the only negative.

As far as the coaches leaving now, strike while the iron is hot. Yes, 2022 could be a great season, but there are so many variables. No guarantees what next season brings.
SFAXE93
Jacks4460

Jacks4460
This has been known for a couple days but they were still on the active roster list.. It's going to be ok the team is good and no one running to the portal.. They believe in our leader Carthel and know he won't let them down.. Lumberjacks we are still killing it in recruiting too.. I mean killing it.. I can't wait for that LaTech game…Our team will be lit for that one I can promise you..
Jacks4460
Buckytaylor said:

Faske has searched and found many of these recruits. And while he and the staff are out recruiting, you got guys interviewing for bigger gigs on SFA dimes and then they poach someone else's work. Nice men of character good riddance! See you September

I friggin love this.. I can't wIt until September..
TallTexan
Wish we could bring Freddie Banks back as DC. Yall see what his defense is doing to Sam?
cboothe09
Sucks but can't take it personal. They can't stop recruiting known talent and start from scratch because they built relationships with a kid at another school. Part of the business and they are expected to contribute and win in Ruston. They feel like they can win with these guys they have recruited to Nac.

I hate the timing because we are a week out from early signing day. Hopefully we keep as many as possible and get the ink on paper next week...
SFAXE93
Sonny Cumbie sure is impressed with SFA.
Jacks4460
Ruston= SFA East
Jacks4460
Carthel gots some serious irons in the fire for his replacement too.. He will not let his team nor us down..
SFAXE93
RB:#35 TRE'JON HENDERSON 5-11; 212 (JR.)

has entered the portal
SFAJack_76
Saturday, September 10, in Ruston, Louisiana … be there. I hope we take their paycheck, and all of their pride.
SFASawmillGuy
So most FBS games I have hope we can win, but realistically say we will probably lose, as that is just to be expected. This one I realistically say we win. I think it'll be a dog fight and we will have to battle with fatigue late in the game, but I think we win this game.
SFAXE93
3X

SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
https://latechsports.com/sports/football/roster#sidearm-roster-coaches

I now see Coach Young and Coach Walker on the LA. Tech roster. Wow, when is the last time a FBS program took 4 coaches off of one staff of a FCS program? Almost 5 if you count Jake Brown.

Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

I now see Coach Young and Coach Walker on the LA. Tech roster. Wow, when is the last time a FBS program took 4 coaches off of one staff of a FCS program? Almost 5 if you count Jake Brown.

should of just gotten Carthel instead of Cumbie..
SFAXE93
I'm afraid that's going to happen after the 2022 season when the Jacks win it all.

Some other FBS school of course.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

SFAXE93 said:

should of just gotten Carthel instead of Cumbie..
Shut your mouth 4460. That will come soon enough. :-)
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

I'm afraid that's going to happen after the 2022 season when the Jacks win it all.

Some other FBS school of course.
we gonna win it all... get ready for it...
SFAXE93
SFAXE93

So, is MIKE BANGSTON our new OL Coach?

https://usajaguars.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mike-bangtson/1623
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

So, is MIKE BANGSTON our new OL Coach?

https://usajaguars.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mike-bangtson/1623
Definitely a candidate.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
So when will we hear about coaching hires?
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
In the video Coach Carthel said he had to do some interviews during Christmas, so probably Jan.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

He might very well win this thing next season.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

In the video Coach Carthel said he had to do some interviews during Christmas, so probably Jan.
I'm not one for rushing the process but I'm also dying to know.
BigJack85
Sounds like we picked up a portal transfer from Tennessee. QB.
SFASawmillGuy
A little late with that news. But yes. Maurer will be a very good QB for us after Self is gone.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

A little late with that news. But yes. Maurer will be a very good QB for us after Self is gone.

I just saw it on my feed. I'm a little slow……….
SFASawmillGuy
No worries! I'm excited to see what that kid can do in 2023 though! We shouldn't miss a beat going from Trae to him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.