WEEK 2: #7 TARLETON STATE

37,655 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJack85
drhuggybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Oh, and the Tarleton State assistant coach incident definitely needs to go viral. Absolutely no room for that, anywhere.

My daughter's roommate is one of the piccolo players. Not the one who got hit but she was nearby when it happened. Sad to see "adults" acting this way.

https://twitter.com/CoachSeifert8

He seems to have locked his twitter account. I wonder is the "viral" impact is causing this
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
SFA Jack Fanatic
drhuggybear said:

He seems to have locked his twitter account. I wonder is the "viral" impact is causing this

True, but if anyone is so inclined, you can still message him through his Twitter account and let him know your opinion of his classless act.
ACUCattitude
Quote from Adam Dorrel in 2017:

"Wow. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be."

Carthel will figure out that you can't coach the same way, you can't recruit the same way, academics actually matter, and administering a D1 program is a big leap from East Texas State. Hopefully he will clean house, bring in real talent, and turn the program around. Dorrel told me that he doesn't do anything the way he did it at Northwest Missouri.

Besides, the best D2 teams are full of P5 and G5 talent who aren't eligible at the D1 level. When ACU was a top 10 D2 team, we also beat several D1AA schools.

So take heart, Lumberjack fans, here's hoping it gets better. (at least after you come to Abilene)
SFAJack_76
ACUCattitude said:

Carthel will figure out that you can't coach the same way, you can't recruit the same way, academics actually matter, and administering a D1 program is a big leap from East Texas State. Hopefully he will clean house, bring in real talent, and turn the program around. Dorrel told me that he doesn't do anything the way he did it at Northwest Missouri.

Besides, the best D2 teams are full of P5 and G5 talent who aren't eligible at the D1 level. When ACU was a top 10 D2 team, we also beat several D1AA schools.

So take heart, Lumberjack fans, here's hoping it gets better. (at least after you come to Abilene)
All good points that are very valid. Don't underestimate the value that Ryan Ivey brings as AD. He knows what success at the FCS level looks like. He has the experience Carthel is just now getting. Ivey is making sure that previous regime academic concerns don't happen again. SFA will win, and it will win the right way.
drhuggybear
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

drhuggybear said:

True, but if anyone is so inclined, you can still message him through his Twitter account and let him know your opinion of his classless act.
I emailed Seifert and copied Coach Whitten and AD Reismann. The AD has already responded. They are investigating which is a good thing.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
SFAJack_76
ACUCattitude
SFAJack_76 said:

ACUCattitude said:

All good points that are very valid. Don't underestimate the value that Ryan Ivey brings as AD. He knows what success at the FCS level looks like. He has the experience Carthel is just now getting. Ivey is making sure that previous regime academic concerns don't happen again. SFA will win, and it will win the right way.
Exactly. Same at ACU with the Allen Ward hire.
Jacks4460
drhuggybear said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

drhuggybear said:

I emailed Seifert and copied Coach Whitten and AD Reismann. The AD has already responded. They are investigating which is a good thing.
Reismann is a good one he will address it I promise you 100%... If we didnt have Ryan then Reismann should be our AD... He is really good..
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

So, I'm going to throw a curve question here as there's a lot of passionate discourse, but it's all within the family. From last nights game against the Texans, can anyone give or did anyone get a report about how the game experience was from those fancy storage units on the north end? A great idea that looked awesome - just curious about the experience.
We were at the Alumni Association unit due to our Sustaining Life membership contribution. It was a very positive experience. The Alumni Association had a staff member there making sure we were fed and watered. The porta-cooler was quite welcomed. Certainly a different view of a game than I have ever had. We a had very painful view of the hole that opened on that 99 yard run. You could have driven the proverbial Mack truck through it. Like so many of the other changes, like parking, it will take a bit to smooth out the wrinkles. Athletic department staff was very visible making sure things were going well. Overall, good.
That's great news - thanks for the report!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Jacks4460 said:

RedRiverLa said:

So, I'm going to throw a curve question here as there's a lot of passionate discourse, but it's all within the family. From last nights game against the Texans, can anyone give or did anyone get a report about how the game experience was from those fancy storage units on the north end? A great idea that looked awesome - just curious about the experience.
They were awsome Red... The closeness to the field is great and before that 99 yd run we were yelling and such from the rails which was really cool for the 30 seconds..Up top was a nice view especially when it was on the north endzone.. Bathrooms were nice we had running water and fridge... Grille was pretty good and the misters were spot on when the sun was out.. We all enjoyed it and TSU Ath Director and some of there Alum came to our suite and were impressed and is getting ahold of BoxLife for next year..I really enjoyed it.. That damn 99yd run took the wind out of me tho..
That's awesome! I was very impressed with the atmosphere at the game. Purple Haze was awesome, even liked the somewhat small fireworks. Great effort by the whole marketing/event team.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

drhuggybear said:

8k in attendance? That's surprising. It looked like there were more there than that. Purple haze section was 80% full. I haven't ever seen that before.

Interesting.

Have a great Sunday all.
Agree. I fully expected attendance to be in the 10,000 range. Tarleton had a big crowd there in addition to what you saw in the student section.

I went down to the Purple Haze section. That was the absolute highlight of my evening. They were awesome. Best student section in 30 years. By far. That was a real positive.
100% agree BigJack.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

Good advice ,,,,, Some of us (mainly me) had a meltdown after we gave up that 60 yarder on 3rd down. I took some quaaludes. I'm better now. LOL. JK.
Be more specific, which 60 yarder? At one point, I was hoping Tarleton would get within our 50 yard line, because, at the time, they couldn't score from that close in.
Lumberjack Battalion
SfaFan15
Northwestern State lost to Lone Star conference member Midwestern State by a score of 33-7.
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

Good advice ,,,,, Some of us (mainly me) had a meltdown after we gave up that 60 yarder on 3rd down. I took some quaaludes. I'm better now. LOL. JK.
Be more specific, which 60 yarder? At one point, I was hoping Tarleton would get within our 50 yard line, because, at the time, they couldn't score from that close in.
TSU - J. Thomas 63 yd pass from B. Holmes (C. Hernandez kick) 5 plays, 75 yards, TOP 0:51

This was from the scoring summary.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Ivey's got this.
nacluth
As good as a response as anyone can hope from their AD. Impressive.
Pilotgirl
I hope there is some kind of consequence AND a sincere apology. According to the MB, he was denying he did anything wrong and they needed to move around him. Hopefully, the girl is feeling better, too. I'm glad Ivey stepped up and communicated with Tarleton. The tweets have been retweeted over 500 times...he had to do something.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

TSU - J. Thomas 63 yd pass from B. Holmes (C. Hernandez kick) 5 plays, 75 yards, TOP 0:51

This was from the scoring summary.

Thanks! I was just joking as it was a multiple big play night for them.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
LOL. I need the laughs. My Sam Houston friends are killing me.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.