#19 Sam Houston State

34,123 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheRevSFA
HitSomeBody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am convinced after talking to 6 players that the team needs an identity. They have good get you pumped up to play coaches. But, what is missing is the identity and attitude that I'm going on the field and not walking off until we are winning attitude.

The new coach will need to bring an identity to this program.

I like Byrd and he can do defense. He got a bad wrap and now there are not enough games to win and the staff keep their jobs. They all know it.

Ivey came in and talked to the team after the game and I don't know what he said and don't want to know but I was told that he had red veins popping out of his neck and was not happy at all with the attitude of the team after a butt whipping.

We all will get through the season and then let's see what happens and who brings this team an identity.

At this point, play the young guys because when they loose the sting will bother them some much that they will hit practice the next day wanting to get better and not feel the sting again. Why not try it. Worst they could do is loose and we already do that.
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
So glad Ryan is here... I love hearing that he went in and addressed the team.. I am sure there are some good young men on the team.. I have seen a whole lot of attitude(bad) from some of those DL.. maybe that is why that one kid is gone.. horrible attitude/body language by 50% of the team.. like I stated earlier in the thread all the unsportsmanlike calls against us is a direct reflection of the coach having ZERO control.. I would bet Ivey addressed that during his talk with the team.. Damn I am glad Ryan is here.. I would of done the same thing..
Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

Ivey came in and talked to the team after the game and I don't know what he said and don't want to know but I was told that he had red veins popping out of his neck and was not happy at all with the attitude of the team after a butt whipping.

This my friend is the best news I have heard all day... At least someone else sees this and cares.. Don't know of many AD's in their first year at a University that would address a team in a way like that... I am like Ryan I want you to know I am not happy with your attitude and you will know where I stand on every issue...
SFAJack_76
HitSomeBody, thanks for your insight. Particularly after going toe to toe against McNeese, it is disappointing to hear that about the team. The current situation for players and coaches is a tough one, but they are all basically building their resume's for next year. How they carry and comport themselves the balance of the season will be key to near term opportunities. Obviously I don't know what Ivey's message was, but I suspect it was less about winning or losing and more about how they act and represent SFA.

What they need to understand is that positive, exciting change is coming and that can be tough but also a lot of fun. Turnarounds are difficult but very rewarding. They have an opportunity to be a part of the change.

In Ivey I trust. A&M Commerce is 5-1 and ranked #7 in D2. Austin Peay is 3-2 not including the loss to UGA, and just had their first home sell out ever. In 2016, Austin Peay was 0-11. Ryan Ivey is the common denominator.

millenniumkat
This is your boy MK from Katfans.

Let me just say first of all, don't mistake any comment i make as saying that i don't want SHSU to win the next 30 BOTPW. Thats not what this is about. But I will say that the rivalry and SLC in general needs SFA to get better. We all want that...just not THAT much dang better!

But I read this thread and can understand the frustration, but let me make one observation...your struggles this decade have been 1. Coaching related and 2. Have been unlucky with QB's. 3. Combination of 1&2.

You guys are not far off. I watch every shsu game, most of them in person. I see the teams we play in the playoffs from all over the country and you guys have a roster of guys that would start on most if not all of those teams. Pace??? Are you effing kidding me?? That guy is a stud! You just need the right coach and QB combination to make it all POP. It doesn't really take that much because outside of the top 2-3 teams in the polls, the field 4-25 is pretty beatable. All it takes is a qb...and yes I know how hard that is to find we have been really lucky for a stretch. Had it not been for the recent arrival of Ty Brock, i content that you have out recruited us for 3 years in a row.

Heres what I think led you to this point. 1. Harper gave up for some reason when Moses graduated. He was not the same guy. I spoke to him at the BOTPW shindig at the touchdown club in 2013 (whichever was his last) and that guy could not wait to GTFO of that room. He wanted no part of the entire festivity. My guess is he had checked out way before. That set you guys back a couple of recruiting classes. 2. Then came Conque...

My chiropractor is the godfather of one of your former DB's. He told me the whole story for two years about the decision to continue to run Zach out there. He told me all about the Pro-Day debacle. That guy used SFA and the entire SLC for that matter to push his own agenda. I'm glad he's gone from the SLC forever. You guys got unlucky with that and you can't blame anyone for that hire truth be told. SHSU would have been sitting around with HARD ONS had we been able to hire him after Fritz left. So that was just unlucky. You guys will find the right guy, SFA is still a good destination for an up and coming coaching staff.

As for the BOTPW being moved back to campus...I like it. But thats just me. However, i do have it on good authority that both schools make decent money with this arrangement and don't have to put up any investment to get it. Its easy money from what i hear. And after talking to some player's families, the kids do enjoy it. Its like a Bowl game for them. They get treated really well by the NRG staff and the entire situation. I think its a good recruiting tool for both schools. For fans, it would be cooler to go back to the old days on campus...lots of good memories. However, it appears that the schools and players are on board so we should prolly give up on that for now.

Now with all that said....HAIL SHSU! I kid. I kid.
TheRevSFA
I didn't even try to watch from Vegas. I knew it wouldn't be worth the effort

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.