Mississippi State

70,133 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

We be like, boy if only you had a bowling team in your AD, we'd really give you what for.

So you're saying they forfeited by being a no show?

The streak is broken!
Jacks4460
MrsSippy said:

60 million
MSU baseball stadium

Wow that's some serious cheese..
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Paper confirmed they got $400k for the game.
Reported that Nicholls got $450k from Kansas. Sounds like we got out negotiated also.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Paper confirmed they got $400k for the game.
Reported that Nicholls got $450k from Kansas. Sounds like we got out negotiated also.

I think they also now get Kansas' spot in the Big 12.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SfaFan15
If the team can't brush up on their mental mistakes then this might be a long season. I expected us to get handled, and I expected a high number of mistakes because that is a game #1 norm for any team, but man... I don't think I've ever seen a group of guys so confused and lost on the football field. The team has had a lot thrown at it over the past few months, but I think Tarleton would have gotten the best of us had we been playing the same game against them.
TallTexan
SfaFan15 said:

If the team can't brush up on their mental mistakes then this might be a long season. I expected us to get handled, and I expected a high number of mistakes because that is a game #1 norm for any team, but man... I don't think I've ever seen a group of guys so confused and lost on the football field. The team has had a lot thrown at it over the past few months, but I think Tarleton would have gotten the best of us had we been playing the same game against them.

Not to give you a hard time but were we watching the same game?

That's not even the worse game I've seen this year. Northwestern had like 4 delay of games in as many drives because they couldn't get plays in. Texas looked like they forgot how to football for 3 quarters on Saturday.

SFA had some growing pains, but we were able to drive the ball by the start of the second, overall not the worst night against a team of SEC talent.

We'll see what our team's made of in the coming weeks. We might still suck, but it won't be because of a few penalties and a blowout against an SEC team.
SFAXE93
I was going to say no turnovers, only 56 yards in penalties, Sawyer didn't get rattled in the pocket.

Our defense was getting into their backfield (only 13 completions in 31 attempts)

Had a good 3rd quarter.

If we stay healthy I expect a very good season. I'm pumped and believe we can take anyone in the SLC.

Yes things to work on (secondary communication for one)

We were playing a top 5 defense and a team that will challenge Alabama.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SfaFan15
I don't want to diminish the highlights and the positive takeaways from the game because there certainly were a few. The fact that we kept our offense on the field and made a few drives was huge. I was just disappointed at the way we shot ourselves in the foot out of the gate. I'm hoping that can be contributed to game one nerves? Or playbook adjustments? Not really sure, but there were a few drives where it seemed like no one was quite sure of where to go.

We also have to figure out what the missing link is in our secondary. I don't care who we were playing, those guys were in a different time zone when it came to coverage on most plays.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SfaFan15 said:

We also have to figure out what the missing link is in our secondary. I don't care who we were playing, those guys were in a different time zone when it came to coverage on most plays.
Someone on here said that they saw Josh McGowen moved to the secondary during the game. (I didn't notice that myself.) That would be a good move, IMO. He has elite speed (a 6-A state champion hurdler in HS), and that is something the secondary badly needs, especially at safety.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.