"Adult Student Section" Basketball game

8,171 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds great not sure of my exact plans I plan on being there for the tailgate Saturday. Matt, Do you what time people are planning on setting up?
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Sounds great not sure of my exact plans I plan on being there for the tailgate Saturday. Matt, Do you what time people are planning on setting up?
To make it easier I will probably set up my tent Friday afternoon, and I'm assuming the Alumni tent will already be set up as well. But I listed the tailgate starting at 10:00, I will more than likely be there earlier.

The other aspect to consider is our tour. We will likely have to take small groups in and out since we have a pretty large crowd. And with a 2:00 tipoff we more than likely will have to start the tours early in the morning as well. So I would encourage everyone to come as early as impossible to be included.

Still working on tour details with Ryan and everyone, so I will continue to update. Also expect to not get into some areas. As it's gameday of course so the team will also be going in and out.
BigJack85
Perfect. Thanks for the information. Assuming that we will be setting up in the parking lot OR on East College? Axe Em Jacks!
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Perfect. Thanks for the information. Assuming that we will be setting up in the parking lot OR on East College? Axe Em Jacks!
Grass area and parking lot next to the creek. There are no plans for a block party or tailgate from the athletic department right now.

That's a donor lot, so if you don't have a pass just come drop your stuff off and go park in the other section.
PurpleOut
Staff
Fredonia Brewery get together is scheduled from 6:00-9:00, with live music by Alton Frailey.

Let me know if there is a chance you'll attend so I can get a rough headcount.
nacluth
Is this former SFA regent Alton Frailey putting on the music?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Is this former SFA regent Alton Frailey putting on the music?
The one and only.
nacluth
Now that was a twist I didn't see coming.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just shared a FB post, and an even longer email with some updates and everything.

Main update to share here, if you are wanting to participate in the tour...you need to arrive (at the tailgate/parking lot) by 11:00. We will have a single tour that will last roughly 30-35 minutes, starting at 11:15.
PurpleOut
Staff
Oh, I also learned that NMSU will be bringing a traveling party about the same size of our group, and will be sitting in a section next to us. Might get a little crazy.
nacluth
Perfect!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Oh, I also learned that NMSU will be bringing a traveling party about the same size of our group, and will be sitting in a section next to us. Might get a little crazy.
Fun times!
TheRevSFA
Gonna be a chilly one this weekend but as long as rain stays away, we should be golden.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yep, high of 50 right now and partly cloudy. Morning will definitely be cold, but if we can get a little sun...
PurpleOut
Staff
Up to 77 tickets sold now.
Ljacks&Longnecks
As long as forecast stays dry we will be there. Add 2 to the Friday night Fredonia list.

Saturday while I hide among the "in" crowd/old student section, wife will be in season tix seats. Anyone have a spouse/friend attending that wants to sit elsewhere we might be able to hook one up.
BigJack85
Awesome job Matt. All credit to you ! What an incredible effort.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Awesome job Matt. All credit to you ! What an incredible effort.
Thanks man, but no credit needed. Sometimes we just need a spark to get stuff going. Effort goes a long ways.
TheRevSFA
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

As long as forecast stays dry we will be there. Add 2 to the Friday night Fredonia list.

Saturday while I hide among the "in" crowd/old student section, wife will be in season tix seats. Anyone have a spouse/friend attending that wants to sit elsewhere we might be able to hook one up.
lol my daughter was pissed that I was going to go to a game without her so she and my wife have tickets but they are going to sit back a bit..lol...
nacluth
Matt, do we just tell them in the lot that we're with the alumni group to get the upgraded parking or show our ticket?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Matt, do we just tell them in the lot that we're with the alumni group to get the upgraded parking or show our ticket?
Depending on how early you get there, UPD may not be out yet. But Wally told me he would be coming out early to make sure we were all in the right spot (assuming they've already let UPD know). I'll also chat with UPD as soon as I see them.

Lastly, if all of that fails you may have to just park in Level IV and walk down.
nacluth
No worries. I'll bring cookies to bribe them with.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just got hooked up with a couple heaters!
PurpleOut
Staff
Thanks to everyone that came out and participated. Was a great day overall. Game was disappointing, and I think hurt the crowd from REALLY getting into it. But I had a blast, just need to keep working on it!

But, Ryan and the staff was very happy with what we did, and we should expect this to become an annual thing (maybe several times each season) that the athletic department will be running and marketing. It's an easy concept, so I'm excited to see it hopefully grow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.