"Adult Student Section" Basketball game

8,148 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Talked to Ryan...it's happening.

Saturday January 21st vs New Mexico State we will have our own section next to the old tunnel (opposite the student section) for what we can call a Hecklers reunion...an adult student section...throwback fan day...whatever to get some of us to show what a real student section should be.

This is going to be open to anyone and everyone. The deal though is that you have to be engaged with us. Standing during the game, constant noise...energy through the roof (I'll take you just standing with us for numbers sake).

If you're interested, let me know. I think we'll be trying to make some sort of shirt for everyone, we'll get discounted tickets, we'll have a tailgate, and I'll see if we can all get a tour of the new facility.

Lastly, if you are interested...and even if you are not, I will want your help to spread the word and help market this. More details to come...we will start blasting it on Monday.

Let's party.
TallTexan
Fantastic. Will put it on the calendar for sure.

This is how we change the environment.
nacluth
I'll be there, and might as well sit with some people.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Saturday January 21st vs New Mexico State we will have our own section next to the old tunnel (opposite the student section) for what we can call a Hecklers reunion...an adult student section...throwback fan day...whatever to get some of us to show what a real student section should be.

This is going to be open to anyone and everyone. The deal though is that you have to be engaged with us. Standing during the game, constant noise...energy through the roof (I'll take you just standing with us for numbers sake).

If you're interested, let me know. I think we'll be trying to make some sort of shirt for everyone, we'll get discounted tickets, we'll have a tailgate, and I'll see if we can all get a tour of the new facility.

Lastly, if you are interested...and even if you are not, I will want your help to spread the word and help market this. More details to come...we will start blasting it on Monday.

Let's party.

Perfecto
djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

Let's party.
I haven't been to Texas in a few years, and haven't been to Nacogdoches since 2007. I'm seriously tempted to fly in for this. This is exactly the kind of thing the students need to see.
SFA, Class of 1979
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

PurpleOut said:

Let's party.
I haven't been to Texas in a few years, and haven't been to Nacogdoches since 2007. I'm seriously tempted to fly in for this. This is exactly the kind of thing the students need to see.

I'd love for you to make the trip!

I can't stand all game due to a physical issue but I can certainly be loud!!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

djsfw57 said:

PurpleOut said:

Let's party.

I'm old as white doggie doo, so I don't stand for extended periods either, but I can definitely be loud! If I make the trip, we should sit together so we can show the children how it's done!!
SFA, Class of 1979
PurpleOut
Staff
I bet we can get tickets in the section over for those that want to join but don't/can't stand. Happy to check.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

djsfw57 said:

PurpleOut said:

Let's party.

I can vouch for this. Just the two of you would double the volume of the section no matter how many folks we get in that section.
PurpleOut
Staff
Below is the event page AND Facebook page. If you're coming, and I'm serious in that I want you to be committed if you say you are coming, I need you to register so I can get an accurate head count. The Facebook page will be use more for just communication and planning.

https://www.eventcreate.com/e/sfaalumnistudentsection

https://www.facebook.com/events/428477508994724
sfajack05
Just registered.

I plan to be there for the GCU game as well that Thursday before if anyone wants to meet up before for some butcher boys.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05 said:

Just registered.

I plan to be there for the GCU game as well that Thursday before if anyone wants to meet up before for some butcher boys.
This is my plan as well. Work from Nac on Friday.
PurpleOut
Staff
We've got 16 people registered already. A bunch others have joined the FB page but not registered.

Seems like a very positive start.
PurpleOut
Staff
Make it 19 registered.

Kory Blandford just threw in 50 vouchers for free popcorn/hot dogs.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Plan on returning to Nac for the GCU & NMSU games. I can go for the idea, the better half gets feisty when I threaten to challenge the dance lady on the dance cam so she is a no. Suspect she will encourage me to join the adult student section, so I'm a solid probably to join.

05-Butcher Boys pre game Thursday sound good if you don't mind hanging with the older set.
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

djsfw57 said:

PurpleOut said:

Let's party.

I'm old as white doggie doo, so I don't stand for extended periods either, but I can definitely be loud! If I make the trip, we should sit together so we can show the children how it's done!!

Deal!
PurpleOut
Staff
I have 50 seats reserved, talking to them tomorrow to see if I can get the first two rows in the next section over as well.

At the very minimum, those seats will be available at $13 each, but hoping I can get them on the same group rate ($5). Would love to have an option for everyone. And hope everyone can come tailgate and come to the game regardless!
sfajack05
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Plan on returning to Nac for the GCU & NMSU games. I can go for the idea, the better half gets feisty when I threaten to challenge the dance lady on the dance cam so she is a no. Suspect she will encourage me to join the adult student section, so I'm a solid probably to join.

05-Butcher Boys pre game Thursday sound good if you don't mind hanging with the older set.

I am down with that. Always like to meet a fellow Jack. Maybe we can get them to reserve that back room for us to have a meet up before.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I am down with that. Always like to meet a fellow Jack. Maybe we can get them to reserve that back room for us to have a meet up before.
I'm trying not to bother them too much this week, with the playoff game coming up, but I will eventually try to get us into the new practice facility.

I think there's going to be a decent amount of people that are going to come to this that haven't been back in a while, so it's a good opportunity to show them and try to "win them over."
sfajack05
PurpleOut said:

sfajack05 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I'm trying not to bother them too much this week, with the playoff game coming up, but I will eventually try to get us into the new practice facility.

I think there's going to be a decent amount of people that are going to come to this that haven't been back in a while, so it's a good opportunity to show them and try to "win them over."

Let me know if you need help with anything. I'll donate towards food, shirts, tickets, etc. I'll pick anyone up between Longview and Nac that Saturday as well.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05 said:

PurpleOut said:

sfajack05 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Let me know if you need help with anything. I'll donate towards food, shirts, tickets, etc. I'll pick anyone up between Longview and Nac that Saturday as well.
PurpleOut
Staff
Another update, up to 22 registered, most of whom I don't know...which is very encouraging.

And then they are going to make us a custom URL specific for us to purchase tickets in the designated section.

Lastly, there can be a $1 add on, which in turn can be used for as a donation to any 501c3. Leaning towards just a donation back to the PLF, or the basketball programs in general but open to ideas/options.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Another update, up to 22 registered, most of whom I don't know...which is very encouraging.

And then they are going to make us a custom URL specific for us to purchase tickets in the designated section.

Lastly, there can be a $1 add on, which in turn can be used for as a donation to any 501c3. Leaning towards just a donation back to the PLF, or the basketball programs in general but open to ideas/options.
Hear me out here, a donation to PLF for Purple Haze(Axeperience)? That way Ryan can use it for some incentives and we can build some good will with the yutes?
PurpleOut
Staff
I hear ya, but I don't know if they are an official organization any more with the University...or at least a 501c3.

But I like the idea, so I'll work on it.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Hear me out here, a donation to PLF for Purple Haze(Axeperience)? That way Ryan can use it for some incentives and we can build some good will with the yutes?

This is a fab idea! Any new sfa org is in need of some $
TallTexan
For the section, if we've got tickets already do we need to buy them in that section?

I'm happy to give mine away and buy in that section if needed.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

For the section, if we've got tickets already do we need to buy them in that section?

I'm happy to give mine away and buy in that section if needed.
Good question, I'm going back and forth with Chris right now so I'll ask.

I'm assuming with a blocked off section, that it will be GA seating, but we shall see.
PurpleOut
Staff
Check out our dedicated ticket link here!

I would ask that you pass along this link to anyone and everyone, it will help us tie things together on who has purchased.

Still working on the 501c3 or who the extra $ should go to, as well as additional non-standing tickets.
PurpleOut
Staff
Guess who is getting an exclusive tour of the new practice facility? Our group.

Also, finalized that the extra ticket funds will be going to PHA/AXEperience.

STILL more to come.
nacluth
Bought some tickets just to help as I already had some.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Bought some tickets just to help as I already had some.
Do you want to still sit (stand) with us? This goes for everyone of course that already has tickets, you should be able to walk over an join us. But...while I'm not telling anyone this is what you should do, I am transferring my existing tickets.

My preference would be the latter for everyone, so we can have a more accurate head count on who will actually be joining (I'm reporting numbers back to Ivey and the ticket guys).

nacluth
Yeah. I'll transfer my previous tickets and use the sections tickets.
PurpleOut
Staff
We're at 24 tickets sold already, that's basically 2.5 rows.

Which is 2 rows more than our current student section.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Signed up. The better half said do it. She will probably sit in our season seats to avoid any craziness that I might perform.
PurpleOut
Staff
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Signed up. The better half said do it. She will probably sit in our season seats to avoid any craziness that I might perform.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.