"Adult Student Section" Basketball game

8,282 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We found the issue with the emails, so starting today you should receive an email confirmation as well as the ticket itself.

We're at 29 tickets sold, continue to share!
PurpleOut
Staff
Thoughts/ideas around group shirts?

My original idea was to make a custom shirt for everyone. Either with the Hecklers logo or some sort of basketball and "reunion" type messaging. Takes a little time and effort, so I also thought about asking to see if we could get the old Purple Haze shirts that we had as students.

Let me know what you think.
PurpleOut
Staff
Have someone locally to make the shirts, so we need to start moving on the ideas if we want to get it done in time. That also means we need commitments so I'm not buying 30-50 shirts and only sell 7.

I found an old Hecklers shirt, so this is in the rotation for ideas.

So far we have:

1. Straight Outta The Haze
2. Hecklers shirt with logo only.
3. Hecklers are BACK (with logo)
4. standard Purple Haze shirt.
5. ???
djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

Have someone locally to make the shirts, so we need to start moving on the ideas if we want to get it done in time. That also means we need commitments so I'm not buying 30-50 shirts and only sell 7.

So far we have:

5. ???
I'm loving the Hecklers are BACK - seems appropriate.
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
If we did a shirt, Hecklers are Back would be my preference or something along those lines.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

If we did a shirt, Hecklers are Back would be my preference or something along those lines.

Hecklers are Back!
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

So far we have:

5. ???

I'm guaranteed for 2. Minimum.
Pilotgirl
So I assume we are just doing something special in the Spring for MBB? Nada for WBB, correct? While I will support, this is totally on brand for Mens vs Womens Sports. Sorry, but gotta put that out there....wouldn't be SFA WBB #1 fan (per Papa Johnson) if I didn't.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

So I assume we are just doing something special in the Spring for MBB? Nada for WBB, correct? While I will support, this is totally on brand for Mens vs Womens Sports. Sorry, but gotta put that out there....wouldn't be SFA WBB #1 fan (per Papa Johnson) if I didn't.
I'm all for it. Suck that the two biggest women's games(Sam rivalry & CBU) bracket this side of it. Lamar good this year? That Feb 19 game looks nice.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

I'm all for it. Suck that the two biggest women's games(Sam rivalry & CBU) bracket this side of it. Lamar good this year? That Feb 19 game looks nice.

Nah. I think the Jan 15 (Sam) or the CBU game on Jan 29 would be the game to plan something. Sam because they give us fits and it's Sam....however, their coach took a leave so who knows how that will pan out fir them this season. CBU was picked to finish 1st above us, so would love a big crowd at that game.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Cool, set it up.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Thanks for bleeding purple. This is exactly the attitude we need!!
SFA, Class of 1979
PurpleOut
Staff
42 tickets sold now.

Talking to Fredonia Brewery about a sponsored/joined tailgate. As well as a discussion around food trucks.

Hoping to turn this into a bigger event than just this group of crazy people.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

Cool, set it up.

You and I both know that was a sh*tty response. That wasn't a response of support, it was sarcastic as hell. Whatever. At least 4 other people agreed with me but you want to go low. Smdh
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Thanks for bleeding purple. This is exactly the attitude we need!!

I know a couple people think so
Pilotgirl
I have 2 tickets to donate to whomever wants them. Email me at Pilotgirl30@gmail.com
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

Cool, set it up.

You and I both know that was a sh*tty response. That wasn't a response of support, it was sarcastic as hell. Whatever. At least 4 other people agreed with me but you want to go low. Smdh

Oh get real. If you think that's low then I don't know what to tell you.

It would be cool. So set it up?
SFAJack06
First time/long time… if this was setup I might be inclined to go.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack06 said:

First time/long time… if this was setup I might be inclined to go.

Email me and you can have my 2 tickets.
SFAJack06
Was referring to an adult themed Women's basketball outing.
Pilotgirl
I'll message a couple people. I'm limited in what I can plan myself due to my work schedule and other responsibilities.
TallTexan
29th for CBU is cram the coliseum.
TallTexan
When is Mardi Gras? I still wanna do a mardi gras game.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

29th for CBU is cram the coliseum.

They posted earlier that the GCU game is the Cram game.

Let's keep the other game convos off of this thread though if you don't mind.
PurpleOut
Staff
Also, Fredonia Brewery is going to sponsor the tailgate.

I assume everyone is good with free beer?
PurpleOut
Staff
Thoughts?

PurpleOut
Staff
Shirt orders starting now, we have until January 8th to place the order, so please let me know ASAP.

Shirts will be $11/each, +$2 XXL, +$3 XXXL. Thought they would be white, but the purple design got the most feedback. See the design below (middle logo will be white as well):

Let me know if you want one, you don't have to be sitting with us to purchase.
BigJack85
Perfect. I'm all in on Fredonia!
nacluth
I'm in for an XL.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

I'm in for an XL.
Got you down.

Meant to add that you can pay via Venmo/CashApp (@mattadk) or PayPal.
jboy93
Ill take an XL shirt!
PurpleOut
Staff
Home stretch!

1. Shirt orders are due THIS Saturday 1/8. Please make sure you have paid me as well, as I am submitting one order.

2. We have 56 tickets sold! If you're still on the fence, now is the time to make your plans. I'm fine with last minute ticket purchases, but would be nice to get as accurate as possible for headcount ASAP for overall planning purposes.

3. Please share the event again! Similar to #2, if you know someone that is on the fence or is still waiting to decide...send them a message of encouragement to join the party!

If there are any other questions or thoughts...let me know!

https://offer.fevo.com/mens-basketball-vs-new-mexico-state-ogffrcd-54239f1?fevoUri=mens-basketball-vs-new-mexico-state-ogffrcd-54239f1%2F
PurpleOut
Staff
Alumni Association is going to be joining us for the tailgate. Stay tuned for some more details there, everyone will be invited to come out.
PurpleOut
Staff
68 tickets sold!

I also just added a night to my reservation so I'm going to come in on Thursday for the GCU and work at the Fredonia on Friday. Happy to organize a lunch on Friday if anyone else is available.

Friday night we will be gathering at the brewery, not sure if it will be in an official capacity just yet.
PurpleOut
Staff
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.