Thomas Walkup

49,459 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by jboy93
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rosie Walker was on the 1980 roster for Moscow Olympics that USA boycotted.

https://www.wbhof.com/famers/rosie-walker/

Think that would make Louw our first Olympian who actually got to compete.

Hope we get Walkup and many more in our future.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Olympics?

Yep. That's probably part of his goals. Our first Olympian?
Kylie Louw, South African. Played on their soccer team in the 2012 Olympics.

There might be others, but I know that one.

Louw is the one I know for sure.

Feel like this was mentioned before, but I think there might have been a WBB appearance or atleast a coach. Or maybe there was going to be for the Olympics that was boycotted.
Sue Gunter was supposed to be the coach in the 1976 Olympics if I remember correctly.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Olympics?

Yep. That's probably part of his goals. Our first Olympian?
Kylie Louw, South African. Played on their soccer team in the 2012 Olympics.

There might be others, but I know that one.

Louw is the one I know for sure.

Feel like this was mentioned before, but I think there might have been a WBB appearance or atleast a coach. Or maybe there was going to be for the Olympics that was boycotted.
Sue Gunter was supposed to be the coach in the 1976 Olympics if I remember correctly.

Close. Gunter was an assistant on the 1976 team. She was the head coach for the 1980 boycotted Olympics
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
Walkup scored 9 points with 7 assists in today's 109-81 loss by Greece to the USA.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Watch Walkup tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 7:40 a.m. on ESPN+. Greece vs. New Zealand in the FIBA World Cup.
Tadapocus
https://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2023/team/Greece?fbclid=IwAR33f0FIBO49eu43KD2ASTUYzEGOW6786EqCz2KKuFUDQ1OxdJCzQRIPUX4
jboy93
I know at this point we will never see Thomas in the NBA (still blows my mind) but I can never find contract info on him other than extension in years. Not trying to be nosey, but just wondering what kind of living he is making overseas?
BigJack85
jboy93 said:

I know at this point we will never see Thomas in the NBA (still blows my mind) but I can never find contract info on him other than extension in years. Not trying to be nosey, but just wondering what kind of living he is making overseas?

I looked around Came up empty. What is it with European contracts…..
TallTexan
Max Greek league salary is 2.5 mil.

Avg salary is 60-250k per year. I did see one number from Walkup, secondary source, that said 560k per year in 2021.
jboy93
TallTexan said:

Max Greek league salary is 2.5 mil.

Avg salary is 60-250k per year. I did see one number from Walkup, secondary source, that said 560k per year in 2021.
Thank you sir! Looks like they always play in front of packed houses so it would seem they would make more than that!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.