Thomas Walkup

49,671 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by jboy93
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

A sports agent I know in Europe told me he is close. The bulking up has helped.

But according to some I don't know & will never know anything
"A sports agent I know in Europe." Is that what they call a humble brag?

Beyond that, does he, or she, know any quality amateur men's basketball players he could point our way? Would hope for more like Visscher and less like .... well, you know.

Yes! A humble brag lol We had plans to attend the NCAA together to watch SFA but, well, that fell thru. I'm sure he will attend anyway to scout. Let me see if I can meet him at First Four to cheer on the Southland team
Jacks4460
I didn't realize but the announcers for one of the games this year said Sami was the #2 player in the country he is from and the #1 player that year was already in the NBA.. i thought Sami played better last year... am I wrong??
Pilotgirl
I haven't said anything about Samuli (in this thread). Just Walkup.
Pilotgirl
I know Samuli has had injuries this year, which I think has led to lots of inconsistencies with his play, IMO. But I didn't hear the announcer bc I was at the game when they were talking about it, I believe, so can't speak to that.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

I didn't realize but the announcers for one of the games this year said Sami was the #2 player in the country he is from and the #1 player that year was already in the NBA.. i thought Sami played better last year... am I wrong??
From Samuli's bio.

High School | Benefited from the tutelage of former Utah standout and one-time Atlanta Hawk Hanno Mttl during his pre-collegiate career at Helsinki Basketball Academy (HBA)-Marsky...As a junior, averaged 15.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 37-percent from three-point range...During his senior season, put forth averages of 6.9 points and 4.0 rebounds while shooting 48.2-percent from the field...Represented Finalnd well as a member of its under-20 team at the 2016 FIBA U-20 European Championships...In six games, averaged 3.3 points, 2.0 rebounds and 11.3 minutes per tilt...Logged a tournament-best 17 minutes against France and pulled down a tournament-high four rebounds in that tilt...Pumped in a tournament-best eight points on 3-of-5 shooting from the field against Slovenia.

Nice, but not outstanding. He battled various injuries all this season.
TallTexan
If we can get his ankles & back sorted out, he could be a serviceable inside player.
Jacks4460
Pilotgirl said:

No but you said something about your friend who is a European scout so I thought maybe you might have a little knowledge on Sami.. that's all
Jacks4460
Pilotgirl said:

I know Samuli has had injuries this year, which I think has led to lots of inconsistencies with his play, IMO. But I didn't hear the announcer bc I was at the game when they were talking about it, I believe, so can't speak to that.

It was the UIW game so u might of been there..
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

If we can get his ankles & back sorted out, he could be a serviceable inside player.

I guess I was just expecting way to much from him this year.. being hurt probally doesn't help much..
Jacks4460
Yep 76 nothing that just jumps out at u..
Pilotgirl
Jacks4460 said:

Pilotgirl said:

No but you said something about your friend who is a European scout so I thought maybe you might have a little knowledge on Sami.. that's all

Nope...we've just talked about the players he manages and Walkup. He knows of SFA and has seen them play in the past at the tourney (so our name is still out there!) But Samuli is not on his radar that I know of....
SFAJack_76
Just because ...
SFAJack_76
Walkup sighting.
SFAJack_76

TallTexan
Looks familiar!
SFASawmillGuy
I still don't understand why no NBA team has given Walkup a chance. He's not currently starter good but he's definitely a guy who can give you a spark from the bench and get some solid minutes. It appears as though he's really improved his perimeter shooting too looking at a lot of his highlights.
SFAJack_76
You will enjoy this.
nacluth
You are correct. I enjoyed that immensely. Thinking the Sawmill should send him a card.
TallTexan
nacluth
Yeah buddy!
cboothe09
The legend will be back playing stateside in The Basketball Tournament next month. Walkup is on Team Hines, which is the #1 seed of the Greensboro Regional. They are coached by Juan Dixon.

http://thetournament.com/
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
It would kind of cool to see Walkup combine a pro career with a Coaching opportunity that would ultimately lead back to SFA.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
cboothe09
Walkup to kick off play in The Basketball Tournament tomorrow as his team, #1 seeded Team Hines, take on #8 seed Boo Williams in the Greensboro Regional. Game is slated to start at 3:50 our time and will be on ESPN3.

Some serious talent on and around Team Hines and they are one of the favorites to win the whole tournament. Would be a cool $65k from Tom if they win...
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

Thomas is becoming the face of this league. I don't think it'll be long before he comes home to play. Maybe for the Rockets. They need someone who knows that defense is also apart of the game.
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Walkup to kick off play in The Basketball Tournament tomorrow as his team, #1 seeded Team Hines, take on #8 seed Boo Williams in the Greensboro Regional. Game is slated to start at 3:50 our time and will be on ESPN3.

Some serious talent on and around Team Hines and they are one of the favorites to win the whole tournament. Would be a cool $65k from Tom if they win...
Team Hines won 89-78. Walkup did not play.

Saturday at 4:00, they play five seed Florida TNT. On ESPN3.
cboothe09
Team Hines wins again. Walkup another DNP...Greensboro Regional Final tomorrow against Team CP3 at 2:00
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Thomas is becoming the face of this league. I don't think it'll be long before he comes home to play. Maybe for the Rockets. They need someone who knows that defense is also apart of the game.

I mean, I'd pull for Walkup wherever he played, but his place is obviously on the Mavs with the rest of the Euroleague.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

I mean, I'd pull for Walkup wherever he played, but his place is obviously on the Mavs with the rest of the Euroleague.

Texan, I have to agree with you that Dallas plays at a European minor league level and not at an NBA level.
Pilotgirl
I didn't even see him on the bench?
SFAJack_76
Walkup DNP. Quarterfinal game is August 2.
SFAJack_76
Only four guys on the bench. Walkup not there. Box score shows nine played. Fifteen on the roster. ?
sfa17

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.