Thomas Walkup

49,360 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by jboy93
tangerito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://windycity.dleague.nba.com/news/thomas-walkup-staying-ready-windy-city-bulls/
INiedrauer
Staff
Good read. Looks like he hasn't lost any of that tenacity he played with either:
PurpleOut
Staff
Don't think it's been mentioned, but Thomas has signed with a team in Germany. Hopefully he gets another shot over here, but I'm guessing this is a better deal financially for him.

nacluth
Walkup's team is into the fourth round of a pretty big tournament.

They're about to play the Brussels team so they need to cut loose some Fahrt powered by Porsche. Must be some high powered Fahrts on that Fanbus.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Walkup's team is into the fourth round of a pretty big tournament.

They're about to play the Brussels team so they need to cut loose some Fahrt powered by Porsche. Must be some high powered Fahrts on that Fanbus.
Sometimes I don't know if Ryan is trying to be a comedian or if he's serious. On this one, I'm thinking comedian...
nacluth
Well apparently I should have translated first...I just found out fahrt means travel in German, so "Kostenlose Fahrt" means "free travel." It makes me think that we should for Thomas' sake refer to traveling as fahrting whenever we see it at WRJ this year.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Well apparently I should have translated first...I just found out fahrt means travel in German, so "Kostenlose Fahrt" means "free travel." It makes me think that we should for Thomas' sake refer to traveling as fahrting whenever we see it at WRJ this year.
LOL! A great idea. Here's hoping we see LOTS of fahrting by our opponents this year. Hopefully opponents will stink up WRJ every game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
edstile said:

LOL! A great idea. Here's hoping we see LOTS of fahrting by our opponents this year. Hopefully opponents will stink up WRJ every game.
Let the students know about this and it might really come out of nowhere and blast off at home games. Heck, I'm starting to smell a potential home game trend developing that could put SFA in the national spotlight again, Ryan!
nacluth
Ha! I actually can see it now.

I'm thinking every time an opponent travels, on the big video board, a short video of Walkup in his German jersey says, "Who Fahrted?"

Then at halftime or on media break, there could be a video clip game to guess how many "Fahrt-ing" calls were in one of last year's home games. The winner would get a $50 Walmart gas card and the runner ups would get a can of Ranch Style Beans.

I don't know who in SFA Publicity is reading this, but this is SFA fan forum gold right here.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Ha! I actually can see it now.

I'm thinking every time an opponent travels, on the big video board, a short video of Walkup in his German jersey says, "Who Fahrted?"

Then at halftime or on media break, there could be a video clip game to guess how many "Fahrt-ing" calls were in one of last year's home games. The winner would get a $50 Walmart gas card and the runner ups would get a can of Ranch Style Beans.

I don't know who in SFA Publicity is reading this, but this is SFA fan forum gold right here.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
corleycl

sfa17
Looks like walkup is the guy. He is playing the most minute and avg 9 points in the champion league and is the starting SF. If only I could read German. That jersey looks sick.
sfa17

sfa17
Walkup named in Easy credit BBL All-First Team and his team is also in the European Basketball Champions League Final 4. They play the first Leg of 2 games tomorrow (5/4) Avg 11.3 points
nacluth
He's sooo good. Career is still just getting started.
sfa17
Yeah. They post full live games and replays on youtube. I watched a bit of it and it looks like he is the main ball handler or point guard. At 1 hour 25 minutes the commentator briefly mention SFA and Walkup scoring 23 point against WVU

nacluth
Reisen lost in the Semis of the Champions league to Monaco. Tough for Walkup, but a great year.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
New team. You will love the last of the highlights!

TallTexan
Ok somebody who knows foreign pro-ball better than me. Is this a promotion?
PurpleOut
Staff
Definitely. It's basically the best of the best in Europe...called the EuroLeague. This is the league with FC Barcelona and heavyweight Real Madrid (and lottery pick Luka Doncic).
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Ok somebody who knows foreign pro-ball better than me. Is this a promotion?
Poking around the internet, I believe it is a move up. They play in Zalgiris Arena which can hold over 15,500. They averaged over 13,500 attendance this past season. Very successful team with several players moving to the NBA in the past including Arvydas Sabonis.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

Definitely. It's basically the best of the best in Europe...called the EuroLeague. This is the league with FC Barcelona and heavyweight Real Madrid (and lottery pick Luka Doncic).
TallTexan
Gru coming through in the clutch. Fan favorite, secret weapon, & European basketball league translator.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Awesome. Headed in the right direction!
PurpleOut
Staff
If you're watching the draft right now, you'll learn some about the EuroLeague with the Luka Doncic coverage.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
Walkup in town working out with Harris

TallTexan
SFA ticketed Walkup? smh! #AbolishSFAParkingEnforcement
SFAJack_76
Somebody get that man a parking pass!

SFAXE93
Coach Underwood Twitted out Quit parking illegally!
SFAJack_76
I laughed.

SFAJack_76
So relieved that got resolved.

TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

So relieved that got resolved.

I take it that SFA forgot we knighted him. His official title is Sir Walkup or his GOATness!
TallTexan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.