2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball

7,382 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good news 76. Hope it meets with more success.
SCH890
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This topic has been discussed ad infinitum here throughout the past season. We're tired of beating this dead horse.
Relative to the student fee, that horse is very much alive. It's being structured, and approached, somewhat differently than it was in 2016.
Thank goodness if it is. It was doomed to fail in 2016 at the start. That's great news!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SCH890 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This topic has been discussed ad infinitum here throughout the past season. We're tired of beating this dead horse.
Relative to the student fee, that horse is very much alive. It's being structured, and approached, somewhat differently than it was in 2016.
Thank goodness if it is. It was doomed to fail in 2016 at the start. That's great news!

I agree. Another reason it failed back then was that many professors and instructors preached against it to their students behind closed doors. Now that they are getting bigger paychecks via the UT system maybe they won't be so anti-athletics.
Pilotgirl
They have not received bigger paychecks as of yet....
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

OK. Too soon then.
SCH890
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SCH890 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I agree. Another reason it failed back then was that many professors and instructors preached against it to their students behind closed doors. Now that they are getting bigger paychecks via the UT system maybe they won't be so anti-athletics.
I wouldn't say it was just professor it was more own students in 2016. I didn't have many professor voting no but more students saying it'll increase tuition. But they left the vote open to the people who wouldn't even effect.

I think it was going to start happening in 2018 and I was a freshman in 2016. So would have impacted me. But I still voted yes.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Not according to the faculty/staff member I talked to less than a month ago. I believe it was 6%. With another 6%-7% planned for next academic year.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
All the winning midmajor coaches are leveling up. Drake, James Madison, and Utah State coaches all going up.
Jacks1989
McNeese and Grand Canyon? Haven't heard anything on Wade and Drew leaving.
nacluth
Not impossible, but I would be surprised if Wade only gets one season down. He's probably going to be there for at least another. Didn't mean the ! Sign.
Jacks1989
McNeese had a really nice season. I watched a lot of there games. Really good attendance from the student body.
nacluth
Agreed, but the LSU issues aren't quite forgotten. But there are teams desperate for good coaches that can pay more than McNeese.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Agreed, but the LSU issues aren't quite forgotten. But there are teams desperate for good coaches that can pay more than McNeese.

There are still places that can pay him more, but somehow McNeese found 700k per year for him with his new raise.
Jacks1962
As you can tell, I started with all White teams, but the lack of student participation is disturbing. As to action of local businesses doing promotions, it is sort of a "chicken/egg" - why spend money to advertise to a crowd of 500 actually attending.
nacluth
My bracket officially died last night when Shead got hurt and Houston couldn't go on. For me to have a top 5% bracket until the second day of Sweet 16 games is about the farthest I've ever made it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
"It's the most absurd thing that's being done in the history of the sport. It's ridiculous." ~ Illinois coach Brad Underwood, talking about the NCAA transfer portal lunacy. He said that he's got one coach scouting and two working the portal.

He's absolutely right! The NCAA could fix this mess before the start of the season next Fall, but they won't.
No-look
With all the players in the portal it seems that most all top scores in the top half of the WAC have hit the portal… the playing field has became even. We just have to have a good recruiting year.
TallTexan
No-look said:

With all the players in the portal it seems that most all top scores in the top half of the WAC have hit the portal… the playing field has became even. We just have to have a good recruiting year.

Let me check my Powerball numbers and see if we can afford to land Bronny James.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

No-look said:

Let me check my Powerball numbers and see if we can afford to land Bronny James.

I just threw up a bit in my mouth....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.