NCAA FOOTBALL 2023

12,187 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by SFAXE93
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Only eight years and a $77,000,000 buyout left on Jimbo Fisher's contract at A&M. Nice job, Aggies.


Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ROFL!!! Prison Tech loses in 2 OT's to FIU, 33-27. Record is now 0-7.

Guess we won't be getting a visit from any of our orange jumpsuited friends this week either. Disappointing.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

ROFL!!! Prison Tech loses in 2 OT's to FIU, 33-27. Record is now 0-7.

Guess we won't be getting a visit from any of our orange jumpsuited friends this week either. Disappointing.


At this point I would love for us to have played them as a money game in Bowers. If we played them as well as we played Troy we probably beat them by a couple of scores.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy said:


Announced attendance of 7,543.
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

SFASawmillGuy said:


Announced attendance of 7,543.


From the broadcast and videos on twitter I saw it looks like they inflated that number a bit. Maybe. Closer to 3-4k. Wednesday is just not a good night to have a college football game.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last night UTEP played NMSU for their 100th all time matchup.

On a Wednesday night.

College football deserves better.
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man I knew UTEP was a dumpster fire but they would probably have a losing record in the FCS this year.
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As rough of a season as we're having, prison tech blowing a lead where they were dominating UTEP and falling to 0-8 is making me feel better.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy said:

As rough of a season as we're having, prison tech blowing a lead where they were dominating UTEP and falling to 0-8 is making me feel better.


0-8. Last-second loss... This really warms the cockles of my heart...
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

As rough of a season as we're having, prison tech blowing a lead where they were dominating UTEP and falling to 0-8 is making me feel better.


0-8. Last-second loss... This really warms the cockles of my heart...
Part of me feels like I should be ashamed for enjoying this so much, but most of me just says to go ahead and relish every bit of it.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well congrats on the Kats for winning their first ever game as an FBS game. By a field goal. To one of the worst FCS teams.

God why couldn't we have played Sam this year…
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last season Angelo State was the darling of the Lone Star Conference in Div. II

This season it is #16 UTPB who was just crowned LSC Champions for 2023, going 10-1 and a perfect 8-0 in conference play. (Only loss was at #13 Western Colorado 9-1)

First year head coach Kris McCullough is getting it done in the basin.


A very young coach

#16 UTPB - 2023: 10-1; 8-0; Lone Star Conference Champions; Division II Playoffs
(RV) East Central Oklahoma - 2022: 9-3; 8-3
East Central Oklahoma - 2021: 7-4; 7-4

UTPB before Coach McCullough

2022: 5-6
2021: 5-5
2020: 5-0
2019: 4-7
2018: 2-9
2017: 2-9

East Central Oklahoma before and after Coach McCullough

2023: 3-8
2020: 2-0
2019: 3-8
2018: 3-8
2017: 2-9
2016: 1-10

He'll probably be the next head coach at UIW
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

Last season Angelo State was the darling of the Lone Star Conference in Div. II

This season it is #16 UTPB who was just crowned LSC Champions for 2023, going 10-1 and a perfect 8-0 in conference play. (Only loss was at #13 Western Colorado 9-1)

First year head coach Kris McCullough is getting it done in the basin.


A very young coach

#16 UTPB - 2023: 10-1; 8-0; Lone Star Conference Champions; Division II Playoffs
(RV) East Central Oklahoma - 2022: 9-3; 8-3
East Central Oklahoma - 2021: 7-4; 7-4

UTPB before Coach McCullough

2022: 5-6
2021: 5-5
2020: 5-0
2019: 4-7
2018: 2-9
2017: 2-9

East Central Oklahoma before and after Coach McCullough

2023: 3-8
2020: 2-0
2019: 3-8
2018: 3-8
2017: 2-9
2016: 1-10

He'll probably be the next head coach at UIW



Probably will be a D1 head coach somewhere next year. Biggest question about him is longevity with a program. Sounds like a phenomenal X's and O's guy who will have immediate success if he goes to the right program, but can he recruit?

That's something you really don't see from a coach til they're somewhere for at least 4 years and have their first year with only their own recruits.

Could very well be the next great young college coach in the making there though.
AxeEm99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAXE93 said:

Last season Angelo State was the darling of the Lone Star Conference in Div. II

This season it is #16 UTPB who was just crowned LSC Champions for 2023, going 10-1 and a perfect 8-0 in conference play. (Only loss was at #13 Western Colorado 9-1)

First year head coach Kris McCullough is getting it done in the basin.


A very young coach

#16 UTPB - 2023: 10-1; 8-0; Lone Star Conference Champions; Division II Playoffs
(RV) East Central Oklahoma - 2022: 9-3; 8-3
East Central Oklahoma - 2021: 7-4; 7-4

UTPB before Coach McCullough

2022: 5-6
2021: 5-5
2020: 5-0
2019: 4-7
2018: 2-9
2017: 2-9

East Central Oklahoma before and after Coach McCullough

2023: 3-8
2020: 2-0
2019: 3-8
2018: 3-8
2017: 2-9
2016: 1-10

He'll probably be the next head coach at UIW



Probably will be a D1 head coach somewhere next year. Biggest question about him is longevity with a program. Sounds like a phenomenal X's and O's guy who will have immediate success if he goes to the right program, but can he recruit?

That's something you really don't see from a coach til they're somewhere for at least 4 years and have their first year with only their own recruits.

Could very well be the next great young college coach in the making there though.


And more importantly, he will win a Natty long BEFORE SFA does!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't try selling your crystal ball in a garage sale. It will end up collecting dust back in your garage.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a job Jerry Kill has done at New Mexico State.

New Mexico State has always been a down program and it's just so hard to recruit and win there in Las Cruses.

But Kill took a 2-10 team and turned it into a 7-6 winning season for 2022 with their first ever bowl victory.

Now in 2023 the Aggies are 8-3; 6-1 riding a 6-game win streak and 2nd place in C-USA behind Liberty.

Jerry Kill can coach and wins wherever he goes.
AxeEm99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Don't try selling your crystal ball in a garage sale. It will end up collecting dust back in your garage.

Hey my "Crystal Ball" has been pretty accurate for the last 25 years... We are still in the same spot we were with a "Championship Coach" that "Chose Us" at the helm!!!

SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AxeEm99 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Don't try selling your crystal ball in a garage sale. It will end up collecting dust back in your garage.

Hey my "Crystal Ball" has been pretty accurate for the last 25 years... We are still in the same spot we were with a "Championship Coach" that "Chose Us" at the helm!!!




Four of the six football conference championships won in 100 years at SFA have been in the last 25 years.
AxeEm99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need to be relevant on a National level. Winning a Championship in weak league like the Southland then losing in the first round is not relevant. The WAC/UAC is better, but it is no MVC!!

Like Texas A&M we are not achieving what we should be especially after 5 years. It is time for a change!!!

Texas A&M is on a different level than us, but if you watch thisbpress conference with the AD, you realize what similar situation we are in. Here is the link:

https://fb.watch/ohdTZw7EkV/?mibextid=Nif5oz
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AxeEm99 said:

We need to be relevant on a National level. Winning a Championship in weak league like the Southland then losing in the first round is not relevant. The WAC/UAC is better, but it is no MVC!!

Like Texas A&M we are not achieving what we should be especially after 5 years. It is time for a change!!!

Texas A&M is on a different level than us, but if you watch thisbpress conference with the AD, you realize what similar situation we are in. Here is the link:

https://fb.watch/ohdTZw7EkV/?mibextid=Nif5oz

At this point I'd settle for being relevant on a state level.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would we do any better on Thanksgiving weekend?
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Would we do any better on Thanksgiving weekend?



First round playoff games are always awful for attendance due to thanksgiving. I feel we'd probably have about 2-3000 just because of how many of our students live so far away. The following week always sees a massive spike.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tbh, I wish they could find a way to move these games to after Thanksgiving weekend.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

Tbh, I wish they could find a way to move these games to after Thanksgiving weekend.



For sure. Always a problem with a student body that is from Dallas, Houston or Central Texas.
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well with it being selection Sunday who is y'all's picks for the CFP? Mine are:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

I hate it for Florida State and they're definitely deserving as a team to have a shot but as far as them being a top 4 team I don't see it. Without Jordan Travis their offense is awful and will be demolished by Texas or Michigan's defense. I never want to put an undefeated team out of it but with the 4 team playoff setup and no auto bids I don't see them being seen as a top 4 team.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree, if you put Alabama in, you have to put Texas in as well.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFASawmillGuy said:

Well with it being selection Sunday who is y'all's picks for the CFP? Mine are:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

I hate it for Florida State and they're definitely deserving as a team to have a shot but as far as them being a top 4 team I don't see it. Without Jordan Travis their offense is awful and will be demolished by Texas or Michigan's defense. I never want to put an undefeated team out of it but with the 4 team playoff setup and no auto bids I don't see them being seen as a top 4 team.
Spot on.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A 24 team FBS playoff would be so much fun.
SFA88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What if Georgia beat Alabama Saturday but lost their starting QB in the process. Does an undefeated Georgia get left out?
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After 8 seasons as Tulane's head coach, Willie Fritz departs for Houston.


SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I definitely have never like the 4 team CFP and still don't. Florida state did get screwed. But this might be the first year the CFP committee actually stuck the rules that they set forth and did what they set out to do, which is select the 4 best teams. Florida State would 100% be in like Ohio state was that one year had either Rodemaker or Glenn played well. But their offense has been awful since Travis went down, and I doubt anyone would say they're a legit top 4 team anymore even with the undefeated record.

That being said, this is the last year of that awful system. 12 teams with the 6 highest ranked conference champions getting auto bids will be an infinitely better system, and potentially give some G5 schools a chance to compete. The added benefit of teams still having a championship to compete for even if they lose a game will make it very interesting.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Disagree with the committee. Alabama should not be there. They just couldn't leave the SEC out. I don't care if Alabama wins the title, the other leagues - especially the ACC have done what it takes to dethrone the SEC. But money always talks. Metrics don't.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.