NCAA FOOTBALL 2023

13,302 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The Over/Under for Prison Tech football in 2023 has been set at 4. I'll take the Under.

There was some good football news yesterday. The Not Ready for Prime Time guys from Prison Tech got their butts kicked by Houston last night, 38-7. The mighty orange men have now scored a whole 10 points in three games. But they are doing better. They actually scored a touchdown. Had to run a trick play to do it though.

I wonder where the occasional Kitty Kat visitors to our forums are. Guess they've misplaced our web address.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The Over/Under for Prison Tech football in 2023 has been set at 4. I'll take the Under.

There was some good football news yesterday. The Not Ready for Prime Time guys from Prison Tech got their butts kicked by Houston last night, 38-7. The mighty orange men have now scored a whole 10 points in three games. But they are doing better. They actually scored a touchdown. Had to run a trick play to do it though.

I wonder where the occasional Kitty Kat visitors to our forums are. Guess they've misplaced our web address.

Looking at their remaining schedule, UTEP is the only team I have them beating, and that's a maybe because UTEP sometimes looks decent. Honestly, Sam would probably have a losing record in the FCS this year.
nacluth
New Mexico State keeping it classy in whatever conference they are in.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/09/26/new-mexico-starting-qb-appears-to-urinate-rival-school-logo-video
djsfw57
nacluth said:

New Mexico State keeping it classy in whatever conference they are in.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/09/26/new-mexico-starting-qb-appears-to-urinate-rival-school-logo-video
That school is a mess right now.
StroKat
You literally lost to something called Austin Peay.

While Sam is about to beat Jacksonville St on ESPNU (who beat UTEP and Eastern Michigan).

Have fun missing the playoffs again
SFASawmillGuy
Congrats on beating a team that's been in the FBS for exactly as long as you.
SFASawmillGuy
Nevermind. Enjoy a winless season.
SFAJack_76
StroKat said:

While Sam is about to beat Jacksonville St on ESPNU (who beat UTEP and Eastern Michigan).

Oops. 0-4.
SFASawmillGuy
Brevin Randle no…

SFA Jack Fanatic
StroKat said:

ROFL!!!!!!! Blew an 8 point lead in the last minute, then lost to something called Jacksonville State in OT.
djsfw57
StroKat said:

Next time you may want to wait until the game is actually over before boasting about a win.

PS You lost. Again.
djsfw57
Ljacks&Longnecks
Randle should be suspended for the rest of the season. Pathetic, indefensible, inexcusable and arguably criminal action. Can not be allowed to stand without a suspension.
SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Randle should be suspended for the rest of the season. Pathetic, indefensible, inexcusable and arguably criminal action. Can not be allowed to stand without a suspension.

It's been reported he's been suspended indefinitely from the team. Shame to see such a bad decision from a former Lumberjack.
SFAXE93
Austin Peay with their 3rd straight win, with a dominating performance at Lindenwood 52-10.

QB Mike DiLiello 395 total yards and 4TDs
SFAXE93
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
The increased fee makes sense and was overdue. It was just too easy to move up. It has become ridiculous with 40 or so teams in bowl games, some with losing records.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

So does this mean Sam Houston needs to meet all the requirements or just the 3rd? Where will they come up with 5 million and not bankrupt their department.
SFASawmillGuy
Also that probably effectively shut down the 10 year plan for SFA athletics unless a conference is willing to foot that bill.
TallTexan
Sam is already considered in the process so is under the old small fee.

What could hurt them is the required scholarship amounts if they're not already at those thresholds.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Sam is already considered in the process so is under the old small fee.

What could hurt them is the required scholarship amounts if they're not already at those thresholds.

So doing some reading it looks like the required scholarship amounts would be about 6-7 million.

Sam has a current athletic operating budget of 19 million(13 million from student fees).
BigJack85
This was telegraphed 6 months ago. If SFA athletics has a 10 year plan, FBS is only one part of the plan.

We need facilities upgrades throughout. Football, track and baseball just the start.

Sam has all the same issues. If not worse. They've made some improvements with football. Beyond that, it's almost as bleak as SFA.

If we could take care of Homer Bryce and something for T&F I'd feel pretty good. Baseball improvements are still a dream.
TallTexan
FCS needs a 10 year plan to make the sport more attractive in this day and age.

FCS to FBS is all but sealed off. Let's figure out how to make this the best product possible.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It saddens me greatly to report that Prison Tech moves to 0-5 on the season after a 21-16 loss to Liberty.

Prison Tech had a 4th and goal from the Liberty 3 and threw an incomplete pass to end the game. Gee, we feel your pain, Prisoners... (LOL!)
SFASawmillGuy
I knew the Southland wasn't as good of a conference than the UAC, but seeing some of last nights games, damn…they're all awful. UIW is not the same UIW that shocked the FCS either. I know we have our consistency problems right now, but we would wreck the Southland this year…
SFA Jack Fanatic
NMSU 27, Prison Tech 13. Prison Tech is now 0-6.

I'm trying real hard to feel sorry for the winless Orange Prisoners, but I just can't quite get there...
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

NMSU 27, Prison Tech 13. Prison Tech is now 0-6.

I'm trying real hard to feel sorry for the winless Orange Prisoners, but I just can't quite get there...

Man all these Thursday night games are downright depressing. I get the national tv exposure is nice for those games but no one is watching…
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just say NO to FBS.

Wonder how Sam's attendance will do with all the 2 or 3 win seasons coming up while they transition.
TallTexan
I don't care what level we play at, I want to continue playing on Saturday.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Today's Northwestern State vs. Nicholls game was cancelled due to the shooting death of NSU player Ronnie Caldwell early Thirsday morning.
SFASawmillGuy
We're in a world where Lamar is 3-0 in conference play. I would much rather not win in our conference every year than always win a poverty conference like the Southland.
SFA Jack Fanatic
True. The Southland is challenging the SWAC for the worst of the worst FCS conference. Even Southeastern and Nicholls are stinking up the joint this year. And UIW had trouble beating A&M Commerce, and we saw just how bad they are.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Only eight years and a $77,000,000 buyout left on Jimbo Fisher's contract at A&M. Nice job, Aggies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.