2020 NCAA Football

21,210 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
See that the Mountain West presidents are voting today on starting a fall football season in late October... Pac 10 will follow I bet..
cboothe09
I haven't heard anything on the wildfires, so I assume they are getting those under control. I figured the wildfires were more of a roadblock on the PAC-12 than COVID.
Jacks4460
cboothe09 said:

I haven't heard anything on the wildfires, so I assume they are getting those under control. I figured the wildfires were more of a roadblock on the PAC-12 than COVID.
My very good friend is in the energy business and he said the reason we are seeing these wildfires pop up so much and seem to be uncontrollable is because the State of California use to clean their Electricity Transport Line right a-ways which would serve as a berm for when fires start.. Now he said it is all vegetation and fuel for the fires.. The environmentalists didnt like them cleaning up the right aways and now there is no way to stop these fires they just all burn as one with no berm..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Saturday's UH vs. North Texas game has been cancelled due to the virus at UNT. Houston has now had games against Rice, Memphis, Baylor, and North Texas cancelled or postponed (Rice game postponed, but doubtful that it will be rescheduled).
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

cboothe09 said:

My very good friend is in the energy business and he said the reason we are seeing these wildfires pop up so much and seem to be uncontrollable is because the State of California use to clean their Electricity Transport Line right a-ways which would serve as a berm for when fires start.. Now he said it is all vegetation and fuel for the fires.. The environmentalists didnt like them cleaning up the right aways and now there is no way to stop these fires they just all burn as one with no berm..

Unlike West Coast states which are losing hundreds of thousands of acres, Texas has forest management programs and has zero forest fires right now.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

cboothe09 said:

Unlike West Coast states which are losing hundreds of thousands of acres, Texas has forest management programs and has zero forest fires right now.
Zero?

https://www.fireweatheravalanche.org/fire/state/texas

4 million acres in 2011. We ran a lot of the salvage timber through our sawmills.

https://ticc.tamu.edu/Documents/Home/tx_sitrep.pdf

Texas land management is much better than California, but serious drought happens.
cboothe09
Gotta love that Sierra Club...
SFAJack_76
Oh my .....

SFASawmillGuy
Texas tech might win that game...
SFAXE93
After playing 3 FBS teams...

HBU QB: #4 Bailey Zappe 6-2; 215 (Sr.) CMP:106;ATT:169;YDS:1,453;TD:12;INT:1

With everyone getting another year for 2021, I wonder if he transfers to a FBS program as a graduate.

Career at HBU
YDS: 9,624 TD:75

High School Career
YDS: 9,184 TD:73

I'm sure there are some programs that are taking notice.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFASawmillGuy
If he doesn't I see no reason why he isn't a Walter Payton Award front runner.
SFA Jack Fanatic
There were 21 games involving FCS teams scheduled for today (10/17). 17 of those games were postponed or canceled. Wow.
SFAJack_76
Wow.
SFAJack_76
Senseless ...
Pilotgirl
This was really cool !!
Pilotgirl
Due to Covid issues, Vanderbilt needed a kicker. Soccer team was still around because they just won the SEC championship, so Fuller to the rescue!
SFAJack_76
Was sure hoping Vandy would score or get in field goal range. But, not even close.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Was sure hoping Vandy would score or get in field goal range. But, not even close.

Me too
SFAJack_76
Insane. Auburn will never be Alabama. Or LSU. Or Georgia. Or Florida. Etc.
SFASawmillGuy
Not to alarm anyone. But Charlie Brewer is transferring from Baylor. If Clint Conque could bring in Foster Sawyer, I think you know where I'm going with this.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Insane. Auburn will never be Alabama. Or LSU. Or Georgia. Or Florida. Etc.

That's an insane amount to payout.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, obviously NCAA football and reality must never cross paths. Nobody, particularly any football coach is worth that kind of dough. While Rome burns......
SFAXE93
SFA_03 said:

Not to alarm anyone. But Charlie Brewer is transferring from Baylor. If Clint Conque could bring in Foster Sawyer, I think you know where I'm going with this.
Matt Storm and Sam Cowling are now following Brewer on Twitter, putting out the vibe.
SFASawmillGuy
Quickly, make a thread so it magically happens!
Jk, I can't betray Self like that.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Not surprising that Zappe is leaving HBU to get a shot in the FBS.
jboy93
Art Briles to Tech...heard they are trying to buy out Wells? Talked to someone within the football program! That person brought up the Briles thing. Boy would that cause some uproar!
jboy93
jboy93 said:

Art Briles to Tech...heard they are trying to buy out Wells? Talked to someone within the football program! That person brought up the Briles thing. Boy would that cause some uproar!

jboy93
jboy93 said:

jboy93 said:

Tried to copy an article but didn't work...sorry.
SFAXE93
QB: Charlie Brewer 6-1; 210 Austin, Texas (Lake Travis/Baylor) (Sr.)
G:44;CMP:828;CMP%:63;ATT:1,304;YDS:9,700;TD:65;INT:28;R:452;YDS:1,039;TD:22
T:10,739;TD:85

I think a power 5 school will be in hot pursuit for the services of Mr. Brewer.
cboothe09
Briles has resigned at Mount Vernon.

This Tech talk has legs...Also a lot of talk of him to Liberty to replace Hugh Freeze (If Freeze leaves for Tennessee or Auburn).
Pilotgirl
Personally, I could not support any institution that hired Briles. Nope. Not a chance.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Personally, I could not support any institution that hired Briles. Nope. Not a chance.
Briles to Liberty is the latest rumor. LOL (I despise him.)
SFASawmillGuy
I'm honestly surprised Briles would get a shake at any FBS school.
Is he a good coach? Absolutely.
But his entire legacy is tarnished beyond repair. I don't see him giving any value to your program when it comes to recruiting(unless you're a morally bankrupt player as well).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.