2020 NCAA Football

21,234 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

UCA gets Austin Peay, Missouri State 2X and if they get the 8 games with the OVC, boom an 11 game season.

Good point. Wonder what SFA is working on. To be a fly on the wall while Ivey is making calls.
SFAXE93
If SFA could get the least amount of travel schedule, then this would be the pool to pick from.

BIG 12
Baylor (159 Miles)
TCU (196 Miles)
Texas (228 Miles)

SUN BELT
Louisiana-Monroe (193 Miles)
Louisiana (230 Miles)
Texas State (246 Miles)

AMERICAN
Houston (143 Miles)
SMU (164 Miles) <Scheduled>

C-USA
Rice (143 Miles)
Louisiana Tech (163 Miles)
North Texas (203 Miles)

SEC
Texas A&M (135 Miles)
LSU (281 Miles)
SFAJack_76
Um ....

"BIG 12

Texas A&M (135 Miles)"
SFAXE93
At least I didn't say SWC
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't think I've seen this mentioned here already.... HBU will play Texas Tech, North Texas, and Louisiana Tech this Fall.
SFAXE93
We can schedule HBU and UCA as non conference games since they are still playing.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

At least I didn't say SWC

Wasn't that the last time they won anything important?
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

We can schedule HBU and UCA as non conference games since they are still playing.
ACU is playing this fall also.
TallTexan
SFAXE93
SMU
ACU
UCA
HBU

That would be a nice start in some order.
SFAXE93
I'm reading Lamar is going to play as well.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Interesting given the outbreak they've suffered.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

As of four days ago, Lamar still had not decided whether it would play its scheduled game with Rice on Sept, 26 or play a Fall schedule at all. Can you cite where you saw this, 93?

An editorial in the Beaumont Enterprise yesterday said it would be foolish for Lamar to play this Fall, since they can't even practice now, and they'd likely go into the game with Rice with a reduced and/or much-weakened roster, meaning they would likely get blown out anyway. In fact, that editorial recommended that they not play football in the Spring either.
TallTexan
Lamar fans: just take a year off, we won't really notice.
SFAJack_76
No football this year in Commerce.

https://lionathletics.com/news/2020/8/28/general-am-commerce-announces-plans-for-competition-in-2020-21.aspx
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Interesting. Let's go out & get a top 5 FCS finish this year.

5 games right now. Got to imagine that we'll get an ACU/UCA game to put us at 7. If we get to 10 total, that'd be a perfect sized season.
nacluth
Outpacing HBU is my only goal for this year. They are a high school.
SFA Jack Fanatic
UCA getting rolled 28-7 by UAB late in the first half.

Edit: Two gift turnovers by UAB in a span of a minute get UCA back in it 28-21.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but HBU is going in the right direction. I don't think we ever should have brought them in our conference. I don't think they're to the level we want out of SLC competition. But they have shown constant improvement in all sports.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but HBU is going in the right direction. I don't think we ever should have brought them in our conference. I don't think they're to the level we want out of SLC competition. But they have shown constant improvement in all sports.

Teams that pick off Texas Tech coaches and install Tech's Air Raid offense improve dramatically almost overnight. Worked for UIW. Working now for HBU. If HBU gets a decent defense, which they absolutely don't have now, they could be formidable next year.
SFASawmillGuy
I guess we did with Shannon Dawson at O.C., lol.

The thing about the air raid is success with it is super hard to maintain, and if you can stop or slow down the passing attack, generally it leads to a blowout.
SFA Jack Fanatic
HBU is playing Texas Tech almost dead even in the 3rd quarter tonight. It's on ESPN+ if you want to watch.

The difference in this game is at the QB position. Zappe from HBU is much, much better than the Tech QB. HBU has already run over 60 plays offensively. The Tech defense will be sucking air in the 4th Q.
SFASawmillGuy
Agreed. Zappe has been good since he got to HBU. Obviously we're happy we don't have to lose anyone to graduation next year, but he's gonna be a force in the conference next year. I bet he gets a look from an NFL team or two. He's a system QB so I doubt he does anything but he has the skills.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Tech holds off HBU 35-33. HBU had over 600 yards of offense. Zappe with 567 yards passing. Tech's secondary was terrible. HBU was a 41 point underdog. HBU failed on a game-tying try for two with three minutes left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
An already-bad day for the Big 12 keeps getting worse. Coastal Carolina is beating Kansas at the half 28-3. Two Big 12 schools paying big $$ to get embarrassed and one school to nearly get embarrassed today.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

An already-bad day for the Big 12 keeps getting worse. Coastal Carolina is beating Kansas at the half 28-3. Two Big 12 schools paying big $$ to get embarrassed and one school to nearly get embarrassed today.

Not a good day for the Big 12 at all.
TallTexan
Sunbelt had themselves a week!

Pretty surprised for a conference that is usually barely above the FBS line.
TallTexan
Sunbelt had themselves a week!

Pretty surprised for a conference that is usually barely above the FBS line.
BigJack85
I like The Revs moniker for Coastal Carolina, "The Beach Chickens".
TallTexan
Baylor vs Houston rumored to be cancelled.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Confirmed. Baylor had too many virus cases. The Big 12 requires a team to have 53 active players for a game. Baylor could not field that many.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

https://wacotrib.com/sports/college/baylor/baylor-houston-game-postponed-after-bears-fall-short-of-covid-19-thresholds/article_03571146-f9e0-11ea-b76f-d3fd172a94f6.html

"Due to local goverment guidelines, contact tracing, not positive results of conducted COVID-19 tests on football players and staff members, led to the decision to postpone the game. "

SFAJack_76
Times are ET. Our game is 6:00 CDT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.