2020 NCAA Football

20,896 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You knew this was coming.

LIABILITY, LIABILITY, LIBILITY...

Ohio State University is reportedly requiring players and their parents to sign coronavirus risk waivers before returning to the school's training facilities.

My family just signed waivers this month on our HOA community pool, so they would activate our pool gate key.

I bet public schools will do this as well and offer virtual classrooms for those who do not sign.
TallTexan
UT just had 13 players test positive.
TallTexan
2019 Football Attendance numbers are out.

SFA: 8324
SHSU: 4878
ACU: 7882
UCA: 7942
McNeese: 10878
Nicholls: 6870
NW State: 6624
UIW: 3274
HBU: 2322
SELA: 6531
Lamar: 7173
TallTexan
Also notable, Tarleton averaged 8900.

A&M Commerce 7450.
nacluth
Top NCAA officials unclear about football this season.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/01/ncaa-officials-questioned-coronavirus-pandemic-response-congress
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic

And A&M fined a whopping $5,000. NCAA really lowered the hammer on them with that fine. Not sure how they're going to be able to recover from that financial blow.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

And A&M fined a whopping $5,000. NCAA really lowered the hammer on them with that fine. Not sure how they're going to be able to recover from that financial blow.

yep. Set them back a couple hours.
SFAJack_76
Good grief.
TallTexan
I think CSU might want to fire the coaches, take a year off and start over. My goodness, asking their kids not to report symptoms?
TallTexan
MAC domino falls.

Ljacks&Longnecks
Big Sky, Missouri Valley and Pioneer conferences have all canceled fall football, looking to play in spring.
BigJack85
It's a gigantic mess.
Pilotgirl
The writing is on the wall: there isn't going to be fall football.
nacluth
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29629669/power-5-talking-no-fall-football

Uh oh.
nacluth
Big10 & Pac12 out. What about rest of P5?
cboothe09
The tweet I saw earlier was B1G and Pac-12 are out...ACC and Big 12 are on the fence...SEC is trying to convince teams to play with them for the year.
SFAXE93
Too bad we just can't make a list of all the programs that want to play regardless of conference and have them schedule between each other based on local.

Do it for all divisions, and yes you could still do money games with the FCS programs that want to play this season.

TallTexan
The biggest domino yet falls.

TallTexan
I don't necessarily think it's safe to play Sept 1st.

But I also don't have confidence we'll take the steps needed to make it safe to play in January.
TallTexan

I expect the Southland to play if the Big 12 does.
cboothe09
Nebraska has been mentioned as a team that is still motivated to play. Chances for a Huskers reunion in the Big 12?
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

I expect the Southland to play if the Big 12 does.
Texan this is the best news I have read in a long time..
Jacks4460
cboothe09 said:

Nebraska has been mentioned as a team that is still motivated to play. Chances for a Huskers reunion in the Big 12?
Huskers and BYU wanting to play in BIG 12 this year
Jacks4460
Jacks4460
One Big 12 official told me tonight's decision "was the result of blocking outside noise and all the pressures and listening to facts and making the decision for the right reasons." ... this is quote from Chip Brown a Longhorn 247 person..
TallTexan
Big South is out.

SFAXE93
I think UCA is teaming up with the Ohio Valley Conference teams.

UCA AD Brad Teague said if the OVC will allow its members to play non-conference then UCA will have 8 games scheduled by tomorrow.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

I think UCA is teaming up with the Ohio Valley Conference teams.

UCA AD Brad Teague said if the OVC will allow its members to play non-conference then UCA will have 8 games scheduled by tomorrow.

Wow. UCA is kinda in their footprint too. I wonder if that'd be the first crack in the Southland's future.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic

Quote:

With Ivey's connections to Austin Peay, could we be trying to schedule them, too?
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
UCA gets Austin Peay, Missouri State 2X and if they get the 8 games with the OVC, boom an 11 game season.
SFAXE93
Why Stephen F. Austin will still be playing football after the Southland Conference postponed its season

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/2020/08/13/its-the-safest-place-on-the-planet-why-stephen-f-austin-will-play-football-even-though-southland-confernence-postponed-its-season/

I like this part...

though Stephen F. Austin was barred regardless for NCAA violations Carthel said the Lumberjacks will serve that ban in 2020 even though there is no postseason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.