2017 Basketball Recruits

96,965 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sfa17
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
edstile said:

Isaac, do you know if Coach K and the staff are on the recruiting trail now, or will that happen after the Madness? Just curious.
They got home from Idaho around 11pm last night so they haven't left yet. A full 24 hour return trip since they spent the night in Seattle. I imagine they'll be on the road as soon as this week though. Meeting with coach K today though, so should know more later.
TallTexan
The best thing about basketball recruiting, is that there are very few universities in the U.S that are prettier than SFA in the spring.
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

edstile said:

Isaac, do you know if Coach K and the staff are on the recruiting trail now, or will that happen after the Madness? Just curious.
They got home from Idaho around 11pm last night so they haven't left yet. A full 24 hour return trip since they spent the night in Seattle. I imagine they'll be on the road as soon as this week though. Meeting with coach K today though, so should know more later.
Thank you, Sir. I'm just having some serious withdrawal pains. I needed a shot of encouragement.
INiedrauer
Staff
edstile said:

INiedrauer said:

edstile said:

Thank you, Sir. I'm just having some serious withdrawal pains. I needed a shot of encouragement.

They're actually headed back out today. One day off and hitting the ground running. Staff is dividing and conquering so they'll hit a lot of places over the next week.
sfa17
If u have Twitter, go like these post. If u don't have one create one

SFA Jack Fanatic
Shannon Bogues has been named the #30 player in the 2017 JucoRecruiting .com Top 100 Rankings, which are based on a player's production at the JUCO level and potential at the next level.
sfa17
Next season has the chance to be a really really good year. we may be able to match 2015-16 or even excede it. Hopefully Keller can put these talented pieces together. Don't won't get my hopes to high but hard not to
INiedrauer
Staff
I think this coming season could be really special but I'd really be looking to the season after for expectations that high ^
sfa17
I kinda agree but I feel like it might have to be next season bc we will lose Ivan Ty Gilmore Traylor and they r all going to play important roles next season. I guess I will depend a little on 2018 recruiting
No-look
PurpleOut said:

We made the Final 8 for Zhaire Smith. This is a Top150 kid, would be a ridiculous get if the staff can pull it off.
. Do like the Warriors when they went after KD. Get him in for a visit and meet with the players and coaches and do some wine and dining. Get aggressive. Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

We made the Final 8 for Zhaire Smith. This is a Top150 kid, would be a ridiculous get if the staff can pull it off.
. Do like the Warriors when they went after KD. Get him in for a visit and meet with the players and coaches and do some wine and dining. Get aggressive. Lol
I think we still have a fairly good shot at him. He was very high on us last year before getting the bigger offers. As Isaac said previously, we had a chance to sign him early on and weren't able to. We have a lot to offer him in my opinion.
sfa17
what are the deadlines for 2017 recruits to make their decision?
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

what are the deadlines for 2017 recruits to make their decision?
Not 100% sure, but they're allowed to wait and sign after "signing periods" are done.
No-look
Courious to see how many spots will be open. Any new developments?
PurpleOut
Staff
Offer out to JUCO PG John Comeaux out of Beaumont Ozen and Lamar State College. 19.8 PPG, 4 APG

http://athletics.lamarpa.edu/Basketball/Roster/2016JohnComeaux.aspx
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

Courious to see how many spots will be open. Any new developments?
With the seniors gone + Huntley now leaving, right now we have 0 open spots (Mack, Bogues and Fisher count towards the 13). But I expect that to change. Still guys we're recruiting very hard.

sfa17
I thought John Comeaux was 2018 bc he is a juco freshmen. He is also getting interest from aac and sun belt schools. He was at the Coliseum last September and he took a picture with Walkup and Dallas (posted on his twitter)
PurpleOut
Staff
Listed as 2017. We also visited another 2017 JUCO PG.
INiedrauer
Staff
There is at least one more spot I know will be open shortly although it isn't official and I would prefer to not break that news before it occurs. Safe to say there is plenty more recruiting still to be done. Eyes are on a couple of a grad transfer seniors too.
sfa17
Oh okay. Thought he was 2018 bc the first post I saw about him was in the 2018 recruiting section. Who is the other juco pg purple?

Edit :Never mind did some investigating and found him.

Stephen F. Austin was in to see 5'9 PG Deante Strickland of Casper CC @CasperMBB
cboothe09
Small PG from a school named Casper...The irony...
INiedrauer
Staff
Rumor has it that the Jacks bagged a big one today. "Home run," as someone put it. We probably won't know who for about two weeks. Not even the usuals are talking to me about this one. Something to get excited about though.

This is in addition to John Comeaux who I would expect SFA to have a better than likely chance to get in the coming days.
PurpleOut
Staff
Late signing period begins in just over a week.

PurpleOut
Staff
Zhaire Smith is taking his visit to Tech this weekend.
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

Rumor has it that the Jacks bagged a big one today. "Home run," as someone put it. We probably won't know who for about two weeks. Not even the usuals are talking to me about this one. Something to get excited about though.

This is in addition to John Comeaux who I would expect SFA to have a better than likely chance to get in the coming days.
I just had a thrill run up my leg! (And a second one seems to be building up steam, too...)
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

LOL! Nice one.
sfa17
Oh boy I'm excited. Two Weeks for my imagination to run rampant
No-look
Lloyd: Harry! You better not be fooling me!
nacluth
I almost posted this same post last Saturday, but I thought people would kill me.
sfa17
Probably not related

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Probably not related

Coach K obviously chasing Smith pretty hard.
sfa17
Smith goes to Lakeview in garland tx.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Smith goes to Lakeview in garland tx.
My bad. Sorry. Know who he's chasing there?
No-look
Smith plays for Lakeview? Sorry, I was a couple minutes late on this post.
sfa17
Not sure, they have a
2018 SG espn/rivals/vc 3 star chris Mullins

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/chris-mullins
They won a state championship and he was MVP scored 36 points

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.