2017 Basketball Recruits

96,810 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sfa17
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Update: Shannon Bogues
He dropped 23 point a few days ago. His team is currently 16-0. He also picked up his 3rd player of the week award.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Bogues is averaging 20.1 ppg on 48.5% shooting, 35% on 3's, 75% on FT's, 4 rebounds/game, and 3 assists/game.
sfa17
Cameron Mack (Kingwood -Christian Life)
Scored 17 points in SB Prep Classic Semi Finals win. They will be playing for championship tonight 1/7/17
SFAXE93

G: Cameron Mack 6-3; 170 Kingwood, Texas (Christian Life) *** (247sports) PG #55; State #22 (TX)

Offers from SFA, Boise State, Hofstra, Louisiana Tech, Murray State, Old Dominion, Rhode Island, Wisconsin-Green Bay. Arkansas-Forth Smith, UTSA

RCS Sports Greater Houston Area Rankings #12

F: Stefon Fisher 6-9; 230 Oldsmar, Florida (Oldsmar Christian) *** (Rivals)

Offers from SFA, Kansas State, UTSA, Cleveland State, Kent State, East Tennessee State, Quinnipiac, Southern Utah, Winthrop, Rider, Wofford, UNCW, Illinois State

G: Shannon Bogues 6-3; 180 Killeen, Texas (Ellison/McLennan CC)

sfa17
Live Game
link to Cameron Mack (christian life) vs Scotland ville - Live Right now. 8:00
PurpleOut
Staff
Cameron is the real deal, and probably the best recruit we've ever signed (on paper and ranking wise). Some of the clips I've seen though, he seems a little lazy on defense sometimes. That should shape up with any collegiate coach.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think Fisher is pretty raw and might take some time to develop. Mack and Bogues however I think can be immediate impact guys. Shannon had 33pts tonight and McLennan is still undefeated.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Based on the video clip above, I hope Coach Keller makes an offer for Jevonte Smart of Scottlandville, LA. He's the #1 point guard in LA and is a Junior. Probably won't get him, but who knows??
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

I think Fisher is pretty raw and might take some time to develop. Mack and Bogues however I think can be immediate impact guys. Shannon had 33pts tonight and McLennan is still undefeated.
We need shooters, and Bogues is one.
sfa17
Really can't wait for next season. The numbers Shannon is putting up r crazy. We've been all focused on Mack but dont sleep on Shannon.

It doesnt hurt to send offers. WKU of conference USA got Mitchell Robinson (#9 player in 2017) and josh Anderson 71st in 2017. Both LA players. WKU is really bad and in Cusa. (They Probably doing something shady but idk.)
sfa17
Fisher is raw but he can't be any more raw than jovan, And he is a starter. Good centers are hard to come by at our level. I remember how short we where 2014-2015
SFA Jack Fanatic
As I looked into Bogues' latest stats at McLennan, I couldn't help but notice a guard on their team, Isaiah Gurley, a Brooklyn, NY sophomore transfer from Canisius. This guy can shoot lights out from long range. In his last five games he has hit for 22, 28, and 26, outscoring Bogues in two of them. Would someone ask the men's BB staff to look into the guy, if they haven't already? Verbal Commits doesn't show anyone offering him at this point. Could be another Meech Floyd.
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

As I looked into Bogues' latest stats at McLennan, I couldn't help but notice a guard on their team, Isaiah Gurley, a Brooklyn, NY sophomore transfer from Canisius. This guy can shoot lights out from long range. In his last five games he has hit for 22, 28, and 26, outscoring Bogues in two of them. Would someone ask the men's BB staff to look into the guy, if they haven't already? Verbal Commits doesn't show anyone offering him at this point. Could be another Meech Floyd.
Seems really good, stats aren't always the full story but 40% from 3 is really good. But, not sure we have room for anyone. We only lose Dallas to graduation, with Mack and Bogues coming in. So lots of guards there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

edstile said:

Seems really good, stats aren't always the full story but 40% from 3 is really good. But, not sure we have room for anyone. We only lose Dallas to graduation, with Mack and Bogues coming in. So lots of guards there.
If Coach K really wanted him (or anyone else, for that matter), I bet he could work something out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Through 13 games this season, Cameron Mack is averaging 24.4 ppg at Kingwood Christian Life Center Academy.
sfa17
isn't Cj still on scholarship?
SFAXE93
4 openings maybe
sfa17
Coach Keller visited Klein Forest's Cedrick Alley. 6'6 senior PF . Alley is ranked No. 27 in the most recent Texas Top 100 Class of 2017 rankings. No offer from SFA
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2bX7MjUcAEhfmk?format=jpg&name=large
sfa17
SFA commit Stefon Fisher had 19 & hit a game-winning 3 for Oldsmar in its 63-60 win over Calusa Prep last night.

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Coach Keller visited Klein Forest's Cedrick Alley. 6'6 senior PF . Alley is ranked No. 27 in the most recent Texas Top 100 Class of 2017 rankings. No offer from SFA
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2bX7MjUcAEhfmk?format=jpg&name=large
Alley has received offers from Boise State, UTSA, LIU, FIU, Miami (OH), Prison Tech, and Houston. Klein Forest is 23-0, ranked #1 in Texas 6-A, and #20 nationally by MaxPreps. He would be a prize catch if we could land him, but lots of competition.
sfa17
Update : 1/20/17
Cameron Mack scored 36p and 35p in two games today as Christian Life advanced to finals of Toyota Classic in Georgetown, KY.
sfa17
sfa17
Shanon Bogues just reached 1,000 career point in 2 years of juco play. That's insane.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Shanon Bogues just reached 1,000 career point in 2 years of juco play. That's insane.
We'll take that over the course of the next two years!
PurpleOut
Staff
He's really good, extremely excited for him and Mack next year with what we return.

INiedrauer
Staff
PurpleOut said:

He's really good, extremely excited for him and Mack next year with what we return.

One of the things that coaches say they lack this season is a guard that can dunk at game speed. Kevon might be there eventually, but if you consider Ty a forward like the coaches do, we don't have anyone athletic enough. This kid definitely changes that.
BigJack85
Stefon Fisher looks like the real deal.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Fisher and Mack will have some growing to do against faster, bigger, stronger players. Bogues looks like he'll be able to contribute immediately.
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Put some weight and muscle on that young man and there's no telling how good he will be in a couple of years.
INiedrauer
Staff
edstile said:

Put some weight and muscle on that young man and there's no telling how good he will be in a couple of years.
This is how high on Mack the SFA staff is: One assistant coach told me last week that if somehow they were to repeat the Kentucky game next year against the same players, "you have Fox, I have Mack, you have your guard, I have mine."

He acknowledged he was maybe exaggerating a little bit considering one of those two is a lock to be an NBA lottery pick... but still. Definite confidence that he's going to be a special guy at SFA.
sfa17
can you elaborate on way you and coaches think he has the potential to be great at Sfa?
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think you even need to say arguably, he's the most talented PG to ever come to SFA. Possibly the entire league.
PurpleOut
Staff
We're also in on 2017 SG Zhaire Smith from Lakeview Centennial (Garland). He has offers from Texas Tech, Kansas State, Georgia Tech and others. Oregon and Memphis also recruiting him.

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

We're also in on 2017 SG Zhaire Smith from Lakeview Centennial (Garland). He has offers from Texas Tech, Kansas State, Georgia Tech and others. Oregon and Memphis also recruiting him.
I counted 17 schools that have made offers. Not great odds for us, but who knows??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.