SFA Crowd/GameDay Environment Thread

19,432 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ticket revenue this year is more than double the previous best year. Concession sales have also been at record levels for both football and basketball. No revenue, no athletics.
Well that's good to hear that atleast it's effective.

Do you happen to know how many tickets sold vs previous years?
I do not, but I have great confidence that pre-Ivey attendance was meaningfully inflated. Don't know that it was intentional as much as just a sloppy guess.

Yes and no. I remember a football game in 2014 or 2015 that claimed we had around 15000 in attendance, which I doubt is accurate, but basketball games were certainly sold out or nearly sold out, especially in the final weeks of the season.

I think Covid did put a stranglehold on everything and the school just needs to focus its efforts in getting everyone back. Become THE division 1 program of East Texas. Promote at home in Nac and Lufkin and out to Tyler and Longview.
I'm assuming attendance has always been inflated. But I figure our internal ticket sales numbers are pretty accurate across years.

One other thing I'd like to see us do for football is to sell cheaper tickets on the visitors side. If you're willing to sit on the surface of the sun and fill out the tv side of the field, I'm willing to make it affordable.
How do propose to insure people buying your cheap west side tickets don't sit in GA on the east side?
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ticket revenue this year is more than double the previous best year. Concession sales have also been at record levels for both football and basketball. No revenue, no athletics.

I do not, but I have great confidence that pre-Ivey attendance was meaningfully inflated. Don't know that it was intentional as much as just a sloppy guess.

Yes and no. I remember a football game in 2014 or 2015 that claimed we had around 15000 in attendance, which I doubt is accurate, but basketball games were certainly sold out or nearly sold out, especially in the final weeks of the season.

I think Covid did put a stranglehold on everything and the school just needs to focus its efforts in getting everyone back. Become THE division 1 program of East Texas. Promote at home in Nac and Lufkin and out to Tyler and Longview.
I'm assuming attendance has always been inflated. But I figure our internal ticket sales numbers are pretty accurate across years.

One other thing I'd like to see us do for football is to sell cheaper tickets on the visitors side. If you're willing to sit on the surface of the sun and fill out the tv side of the field, I'm willing to make it affordable.
How do propose to insure people buying your cheap west side tickets don't sit in GA on the east side?

They need to make the west side the student section again. The end zone seats are decent but nothing compared to a packed student section in the opposing team's ear for 60 minutes.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

They need to make the west side the student section again. The end zone seats are decent but nothing compared to a packed student section in the opposing team's ear for 60 minutes.
I agree. This is a case of where they should not have done what the students wanted. I understand, they are trying to do anything to get students into the game.
Pilotgirl
I had placed this on the Track and Field thread but realized only a couple people post there. So, posting here as well. Nissi Kabongo is an ELITE athlete. SFA is lucky to have her. She is so genuine and has a great personality. We all had fun talking with her

https://open.spotify.com/episode/12YuKWgcCHJQUo3kYm20qN?si=94b6LdgWTq-00qPI2uxpBQ
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Same way you do at any other game(admittedly, we are bad at it(also, it doesn't bother me at basketball all that much). Just put some ticket checkers for a while to guilt people into sitting in the right section.

But there's nothing really right now to stop somebody from buying a $5 firesale ticket and sitting front row at WRJ if someone doesn't show up.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I agree. This is a case of where they should not have done what the students wanted. I understand, they are trying to do anything to get students into the game.
I don't hate the idea of either setup, but you have to invest in either option. That side will always be roasting in September and even some October games.

Maybe we find a way for some porta-cools or free drinks/snowcones/etc. Anything we can do to make it bearable.
PurpleOut
Staff
Do we have student section and support organizations this year? There hasn't been anything out of AXEperience/Purple Haze.

BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Do we have student section and support organizations this year? There hasn't been anything out of AXEperience/Purple Haze.

Chris Bentley told me that the students are headed back to the east side with the support of dance and cheer teams. Not sure how all that pulls together, but it sounds positive

On a related note the crowd for the womens volleyball game looked really solid. I'm hoping that's a sign that the students will join us at football games.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Started a thread with my personal Twitter account around the GCU experience, and some additional thoughts for us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.