SFA Golf

16,077 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by TallTexan
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Good grief ...

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=22488

Good grief is right. We have to get better at this sport. Our position is not that weak? Is it?
cboothe09
Man we really need to invest in this program. Piney Woods CC is struggling. Woodland Hills is struggling. Time to go in, set up a turf management program. Put a nice training facility out there, and get to work.

Honestly, the training facility isn't much different than the pitching lab baseball just got. A building with a small weight room, a couple of bay doors, allowing to hit out on the range or inside with nets (All with recording equipment to analyze swings), and a small meeting area. Give them their own putting/chipping green and it is perfect.

This could also be the infusion PWCC or WHGC needs to stay alive.

I hate to use the example, but Ravens Nest in Huntsville was an absolute dump. Sam came in, started the PGA program and boom. They are #49 in the nation and qualified for the NCAA Championships today.

I don't like losing to them in any sport. Getting pantsed and embarrassed like this is horrible...
Jacks4460
cboothe09 said:

Man we really need to invest in this program. Piney Woods CC is struggling. Woodland Hills is struggling. Time to go in, set up a turf management program. Put a nice training facility out there, and get to work.

Honestly, the training facility isn't much different than the pitching lab baseball just got. A building with a small weight room, a couple of bay doors, allowing to hit out on the range or inside with nets (All with recording equipment to analyze swings), and a small meeting area. Give them their own putting/chipping green and it is perfect.

This could also be the infusion PWCC or WHGC needs to stay alive.

I hate to use the example, but Ravens Nest in Huntsville was an absolute dump. Sam came in, started the PGA program and boom. They are #49 in the nation and qualified for the NCAA Championships today.

I don't like losing to them in any sport. Getting pantsed and embarrassed like this is horrible...

Rich people love golf you would think a local alumni would want to help build a training facility.. Richie needs to buy one of those courses for his Hotel and the University goes in with him to make it a training facility for SFASU golf and the Fredonia will drum up more in week business meetings that has 1st class golf for afternoon entertainment..
KirkHeath12
Golf did not do well this tournament. 11th out of 13 at the Lone Star Invitation. Shot a plus 63
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFAJack_76
KirkHeath12 said:

Golf did not do well this tournament. 11th out of 13 at the Lone Star Invitation. Shot a plus 63
http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24153

I hear there is fund raising to put an indoor practice facility in the basement of WRJ where the old rifle range is. About $100k needed. Certainly a long ways from a fix for our golf programs, but a step forward.
SFAJack_76
Simply awful.
KirkHeath12
Bubba Barnett Intercollegiate, SFA finishes 11th (+42) out of 17 teams.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Simply awful.

I know it's low on the priority list…. But, we've got to get a little better in golf. At least a little.
SFA Jack Fanatic
If the lowly schools of the Southland can recruit better golfers than SFA, there's something rotten in Denmark. Or does SFA even recruit at all? How many scholarships do we have to give out, without much of a ROI?
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

If the lowly schools of the Southland can recruit better golfers than SFA, there's something rotten in Denmark. Or does SFA even recruit at all? How many scholarships do we have to give out, without much of a ROI?

Personally, I'd rather we use the scholarships elsewhere.

My personal pick would be a triathlon team, bc that's a sport that's getting newly established and we have a pro coach in town.

Golf is a great pastime, but SFA likely won't ever put someone on a tour. We stand a better chance of producing high level competitors in other sports like rifle or triathlon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.