2024 Volleyball

3,716 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by nacluth
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking forward to seeing them IN PERSON. October 3rd and 5th!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Decent crowd of 781. UTSA played good VB in the first set, and we did not. Finish up the tournament on Saturday against McNeese in a non-conference match.

BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Decent crowd of 781. UTSA played good VB in the first set, and we did not. Finish up the tournament on Saturday against McNeese in a non-conference match.

Ya. Can't wait to see them in person. Lots of freshman and sophomores playing. If we beat McNeese, I feel like 8-5 is a reasonable start given the number of underclassmen Solid!!!!
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Ladyjacks have been flying under the radar here on the Sawmill, but they're quietly putting together a strong season. Their sweep tonight over Lamar in Beaumont moved their overall record to 13-5 and their SLC record to 5-0. It was their 10th sweep in their 13 wins, including 4 of 5 in the conference. And remember, this team is young and being led by underclassmen. Not a senior on the roster.

It appears their toughest conference opponent will be Southeastern Louisiana.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The Ladyjacks have been flying under the radar here on the Sawmill, but they're quietly putting together a strong season. Their sweep tonight over Lamar in Beaumont moved their overall record to 13-5 and their SLC record to 5-0. It was their 10th sweep in their 13 wins, including 4 of 5 in the conference. And remember, this team is young and being led by underclassmen. Not a senior on the roster.

I can count on one hand the number of people, including you, that are on the Sawmill that care at all about women's sports. I tried providing information, and promoting them. I gave up.

Soccer and volleyball are competing for SLC championships. A freshman broke the SFA XC record. Tennis will be much improved with three newcomers on the team. I suspect bowling will be better than their pre-season #11 in the country ranking. Softball is going to be a much improved team. Pitching will still be good. Hitting will be much improved. WBB is a TBD for me. So many newcomers, and a bit of a short in numbers roster.

Pilotgirl
This is such a fun team to watch! They're only gonna get better!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I can count on one hand the number of people, including you, that are on the Sawmill that care at all about women's sports. I tried providing information, and promoting them. I gave up.

Soccer and volleyball are competing for SLC championships. A freshman broke the SFA XC record. Tennis will be much improved with three newcomers on the team. I suspect bowling will be better than their pre-season #11 in the country ranking. Softball is going to be a much improved team. Pitching will still be good. Hitting will be much improved. WBB is a TBD for me. So many newcomers, and a bit of a short in numbers roster.

All good points, 76. But of the teams you mentioned, the one I'm most excited about is WBB. The coaches did a very good job of harvesting from the portal. I can see them making the Big Dance.
Pilotgirl
Officially back in the SLC, y'all. Video not working at all for game against UIW.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Officially back in the SLC, y'all. Video not working at all for game against UIW.

Probably would have been an interesting one. Went to 5.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Probably would have been an interesting one. Went to 5.

We were following along with the score....huge bummer
SFAJack_76
First place on the line on Saturday.
nacluth
If we beat the winless Privateers tomorrow, that will be 35 home wins in a row! That is some dominance.

Of course the big game is SELA on Saturday. They clipped us earlier in the season, but it didn't count as a conference game. Let's hope the home court magic stays strong.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

If we beat the winless Privateers tomorrow, that will be 35 home wins in a row! That is some dominance.

Of course the big game is SELA on Saturday. They clipped us earlier in the season, but it didn't count as a conference game. Let's hope the home court magic stays strong.
UNO is a bad team. RPI of 339 out of 346 teams. SLU is a respectable 109. SFA is up to 59, with the youngest team in D1.

The Ladyjacks are not the same team that SLU reverse swept at the UTEP tournament. The freshmen are greatly improved, allowing Kahl to move from OH to libero when needed, among other things. It should be a good match. Hope we have a decent crowd. Dhump, and her quality assistants, will have us ready.
nacluth
Held UNO to just 31 points in 3 sets. That was a beat down.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.